Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Amen, I am so blessed in that I have been able to partake of my limit every year which is 6 deer per season via all methods Bow, Muzzleloader and Modern Gun. I stopped at 3 this year because someone gave me one of theirs so I didn't need anymore. These four deer will hold me over till next year. I butcher, Grind and steak my own meat so I never buy beef unless I am craving a steak or something.

Those are reasonable bag limits.

Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
Those are reasonable bag limits.
Yes they are and this year they even took away the 3 point rule and allowed us anything. So it's pretty easy to tag out. They are so thick around here that they are getting hit by cars daily and so they are trying to cut the herd back. Also chronic wasting disease is a concern by overcrowding

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes they are and this year they even took away the 3 point rule and allowed us anything. So it's pretty easy to tag out. They are so thick around here that they are getting hit by cars daily and so they are trying to cut the herd back. Also chronic wasting disease is a concern by overcrowding

In a time when so many rules seem unreasonable, the government does pretty good when it comes to harvesting food, but that would make sense since we're dealing with the very basic needs of life.

Besides, they know we have lots of guns. :D

Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
I actually live close to a town that has special season. In town bow only and you are allowed a deer a day. For the entire season. The only catch is you have to give at least one to "hunters feeding the hungry".
I laughed so hard at a guy I know who done this. They make you take a small class first and then you have to demonstrate that you can hit a rubbermaid trash can lid at 10 yards. LOL [who couldn't] and then they tell you what "lots" you are allowed to hunt and what people are requesting them be thinned. [Old ladies that want the deer out their Daffodils and petunias I guess heehee ]
He harvested 12 deer and said he was so sick of deer meat that he would never do it again. lol

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,157,377.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not much of a view, but a screenshot from a video I took a couple weeks ago out the back door at my Sisters place in KY. Her white socks are center, and just a few feet into the tree line. One of three it turned out. Click the image for a better view.

View attachment 248576
So I go to the woods today to have a little quiet bible time and enjoy God's creation and look who came to see what translation I was using :)

What exquisite camouflage.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What exquisite camouflage.

You aren't kidding. I was going to comment, once I took that video and went to watch it, even knowing where the deer was, I couldn't find him in the vid until he moved.

They're very good at what they do.

Upvote 0