Hockey_Fan

Man of Mystery
Jan 3, 2009
✟9,002.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
OK, so I am sitting at my computer, typing an email around 2:30 a.m. when, from seemingly out of nowhere, I hear six gun shots in rapid fire succession. I never SAW anything because all the windows were closed with the blinds drawn. I live on the second floor and it sounded like the shots came from the parking lot adjacent to our building.

I didn't want to venture outside to find out any additional details. Police came by, but never knocked on my door.

This NEVER happens at the apartment complex where I live and, honestly, has never happened at ANY complex where I have lived in the past. It's quieted down now, but was sort of startling and I still can't sleep. :crossrc:

Inkachu

Bursting with fruit flavor!
Jan 31, 2008
Somewhere between Rivendell and Rohan
✟62,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I've had similar things happen :hug: But I DO live in the "ghetto" part of town, so I'm used to hearing screaming and cussing and seeing the cops lol. Just keep your door locked and you'll be fine. I know how scary it can be if you're not used to it, though.

Upvote 0

nbiol

Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2004
✟11,708.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Yeah. I grew up in South Chicago...and while it's not all the time, I've definitely heard a few gunshots in my life. There have even been times where the mayor calls everyone and tells us to close the blinds and lock doors and windows...but I'm kinda used to it now....

Upvote 0

deepgreen11

Veteran
Jun 18, 2008
✟10,037.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
I was once babysitting in a wealthy neighborhood (myself, not from that part of town) and heard these popping noises. I was terrified. The kids were upstairs asleep, and i couldn't hear them waking at all, so while the popping continued i hit the floor (which i learned to do as to not be hit by stray bullets) for a couple of minutes, then slinked up the stairs and checked on the kids. They were sound asleep. I went back downstairs, praying, and heard more popping. It stopped after a few more minutes, and happened no more that night. When the parents arrived home, I told them about it, and found out that the popping had been FIRECRACKERS!! I was somewhat embarrassed then.

Living in the neighborhood I'm in, I do hear some pretty awful things sometimes, and I've seen some interesting things. I try to keep an ear out, and if things get really rowdy, I'm not ashamed of calling the police. There was once a missing person, and the guy looking for them sounded so awful, his shouts were literally frightening. I was about to call the police when i saw them arrive. Yikes. It can be very disturbing. Praying helps me, and I make sure the door is always secure when we go to sleep.

Upvote 0

CoachR64

Awesome, with a side order of amazing
Jul 2, 2007
Oklahoma City, OK
✟25,977.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Unfortunately, this seems to be getting more and more common where I am. Fortunately, I have not heard it happening in my complex, but it happens several times a week in the complexes around me. Makes me think that moving and changing jobs is a wise choice.

Coach

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,259.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
When the parents arrived home, I told them about it, and found out that the popping had been FIRECRACKERS!! I was somewhat embarrassed then.
How about the 3rd and 4th of July. In the neighborhood I used to live in, I heard gunshots on occasion - and firecrackers all day on the 3rd and 4th. Wouldn't be too hard to cap somebody on those days.

Upvote 0

CoachR64

Awesome, with a side order of amazing
Jul 2, 2007
Oklahoma City, OK
✟25,977.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
We had a note left on all the apartment doors recently warning that a couple had been knocking on doors in the complex about 11pm claiming to be out of gas and needing to come inside to use a phone...

So, from now on, I just answer the door in my underwear with a belt on and a gun on my hip.

The UPS man just leaves packages at the front office now.

Coach

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,259.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
We had a note left on all the apartment doors recently warning that a couple had been knocking on doors in the complex about 11pm claiming to be out of gas and needing to come inside to use a phone...

So, from now on, I just answer the door in my underwear with a belt on and a gun on my hip.

We never let any strangers in.

Upvote 0

Varik

Jul 19, 2007
Arkansas
✟7,767.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Where I live I hear shooting all the time but then again I live out in a rural area that's covered in forest in which everybody around there hunts. So it's pretty normal around here but I can imagine that it would be pretty scary being in an area where that is not the norm.

Upvote 0
Mar 19, 2004
Canada
✟43,750.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-NDP

Coach

Now that is funny!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
Now imagine the government asking you to turn over your weapons... which leaves the various gangs, criminals, villians, murderers, rapists and various government agences holding guns.,... always good to know that the police will get there just as soon as they can.... which if they know law abiding citizens are without guns... and easy target.

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,259.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Now imagine the government asking you to turn over your weapons... which leaves the various gangs, criminals, villians, murderers, rapists and various government agences holding guns.,... always good to know that the police will get there just as soon as they can.
If they can't get rid of the drugs, why would I trust them to get rid of the guns - to say nothing of our Constitutional right to bear arms.

Upvote 0
T

toastface_grillah

Now imagine the government asking you to turn over your weapons... which leaves the various gangs, criminals, villians, murderers, rapists and various government agences holding guns.,... always good to know that the police will get there just as soon as they can.... which if they know law abiding citizens are without guns... and easy target.

That's what happened when they banned handguns in Washington, DC.

Upvote 0

Apollo Celestio

Deal with it.
Jul 11, 2007
Ohio
✟36,579.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
I know how that is.. I grew up in the ghetto too. One night we were dumb enough to venture out in the midst of it. Scared the hell out of us it did. I bet I'd be pretty freaked out if it happened out where I live now..
It probably wasn't gangbanging in your case though, probably an argument or something entirely different altogether.

Upvote 0