Aug 23, 2007
✟785,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I have been wondering something about guardian angels. If we all have a guardian angel, how come not everyone is free from actual danger? For example, people still get murdered.

Before you say "free will," I thought that a guardian angel would be able to override that.

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟434,390.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I have been wondering something about guardian angels. If we all have a guardian angel, how come not everyone is free from actual danger? For example, people still get murdered.

Before you say "free will," I thought that a guardian angel would be able to override that.
Ehhh no I don't think Guardian Angels are allowed to intervene or otherwise disrupt our free will. I think first and foremost their job is to protect us from supernatural threats like the demonic but not necessarily from natural dangers like a car running a red light or a tree branch falling.

Upvote 0

mourningdove~

"Pray, and prepare ..."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2005
✟440,416.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

I understand your question, but I'd like to give you something else to think about ...

Ever thought about how many dangers our guardian angels HAVE actually protected us from. of which we know nothing about?

We live in a dangerous world. There are spiritual battles being fought all around us.
And yet, for many of us, we just get up in the morn, go about our daily duties, and don't even give much thought to what evil might be lurking just outside our front door!

Many of us are use to being 'safe' ... not feeling threatened ... but I am convinced there are always things going on around us that we do not know or even think about, and yet, we have been protected.

... just something I like to think about some days, and for which I give thanks to God.:heart:

Upvote 0