simpleone

Veteran
Jan 30, 2007
✟18,099.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
how is it this particular preacher (just saw on tv) is able to twist any message into money giving in the end.........grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr (passover message)

are we all so much in need of money, health, gettign back at our enemies, etc ???
do we not wanna simply please God and love him no matter what our circumstance.....
are we more concerned about our temporary lives than eternity with God??

here is something much better: :)
http://www.godtube.com/view_video.php?viewkey=9b268cf8b9e0707ee559

pinetree

Mar 17, 2008
USA
✟13,825.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
how is it this particular preacher (just saw on tv) is able to twist any message into money giving in the end.........grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr (passover message)

are we all so much in need of money, health, gettign back at our enemies, etc ???
do we not wanna simply please God and love him no matter what our circumstance.....

i am soooo sick of it!:mad: money,money,money... ps,you have a pretty back yard..pinetree

Upvote 0

simpleone

Veteran
Jan 30, 2007
✟18,099.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
i am soooo sick of it!:mad: money,money,money... ps,you have a pretty back yard..pinetree

yeah...well...i guess some balance and truth will be nice...money by itself is fine and we can ask God for wisdom in managing it properly and not let it become our God....anyway....am sure God speaks to us individually about this..

btw: thats not my back yard.... :sorry: ....found the pic on the web :p

Upvote 0

Faulty

bind on pick up
Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2005
✟64,989.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

No idea who you're talking about but it seems to me that you wrap up your messages with the point you're trying to emphesize most.

If the theme is constant, you get a fairly good idea what the are dwelling on in real life.

Upvote 0

JimB

Legend
Jul 12, 2004
Nacogdoches, Texas
Visit site
✟34,757.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

I sometimes play a game when watching TBN. I will listen to a preacher until he brings up the subject of money; then I change channels. You will be surprised (or not) at how few religious infomercials I completely watch from beginning to end.

Try it sometimes.

~Jim
Believe in miracles but don’t depend on them.

Upvote 0

LinkH

Jun 19, 2006
✟43,833.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Didache, written probably around the end of the first century, claims to be the teaching of the 12 apostles. It says that any prophet who prophesies to set a table for himself is a false prophet, but if he prophesies to give to the poor, that does not make him a false prophet.

I don't believe that is an inspired document, but it made me think.

Paul collected money for the poor saints in Jerusalem, but I don't see where he ever begged for money for himself.

Another good writer on this topic is Watchman Nee. In is _Concerning Our Mission_ (which was editted down to the Normal Christian Church Life) he talks about the problem of preachers, representing God, who beg for money for themselves.

Just imagine if the president of the United States sent an ambassador ro France, and the ambassador started begging on the streets or on TV saying he represented the US government, but he needed funds to run the embassy. What would the president think of such a man? What would happen to his career?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.