Growing up to fast??

TryingToLive

Jul 12, 2004
DETROIT BABY..lol
✟7,735.00
Faith
Christian
I know this might sound silly, but I'm only 19 and I'm going through a "quarter life crisis" lol (i dont know why im laughing because its really not funny, lol). Anyway, I'm just so afraid of what is to come. It seems like just yesterday, literally, that I was in high school and now I'm half-way done with my second year of college. Time seems to just be flying by. This is all sort of depressing to me! Is it just me or are you guys understanding how I feel!?!? :cool:
</IMG>

xXxKristaxXx

Never regret anything that made you smile.
Aug 19, 2004
Florida.
✟17,915.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Oh man do I understand.. Things change soo much, for me it seems just like yesterday my bestfriend and I were riding horseback down a long dirt road and that was over six years ago! Just imagine when you have kids, they will grow up fast too!. I can wait for that to happen though.

Upvote 0
Jan 4, 2004
✟11,699.00
Faith
Other Religion
I know this might sound silly, but I'm only 19 and I'm going through a "quarter life crisis" lol (i dont know why im laughing because its really not funny, lol). Anyway, I'm just so afraid of what is to come. It seems like just yesterday, literally, that I was in high school and now I'm half-way done with my second year of college. Time seems to just be flying by. This is all sort of depressing to me! Is it just me or are you guys understanding how I feel!?!? :cool:
</IMG>

Yes yes yes yes. I want things to slow down. I don't want to finish school. I want to trick-or-treat again and have stupid high school crushes again and goof off with friends all summer long. It all just needs to slow down because I'm not ready for it yet..

Upvote 0

rejectreality

Feb 14, 2005
✟15,531.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sure I understand. I'm half done with my third year at university and I still have no idea what I want to do. I'm terrified of the future. But as for growing up, no way! I'll always be a kid. I still like a lot of things that I did years ago. Why let go of that? I enjoy new things, but climbing a tree is still a lot of fun!!

God bless

Upvote 0

LadyOfMystery

Heart of Gold
Mar 25, 2007
North Carolina
✟279,393.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
</IMG>
I know exactly how you feel. I'm so glad someone else knows how it feels. Even though it's a bad feeling. :(
I feel like life is passing me by and I'm wasting God's skills on me. I've been depressed lately more than I ever have been, and it's weird because I'm usually a happy person. But I don't know how to fix my situation.
I know I grew up too quickly, I always have.
Don't you just want to go back to preschool when you were learning your abc's and 123's? Lol

Upvote 0

savedandforgiven

Jul 11, 2007
✟7,815.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I think about this all the time. It does seem like yesterday (and if it makes you feel any better, you were in highschool technically was last year if you graduated in 2006). But STILL...it seems like I should still be in grade 11 sometimes and I'm in my second year of university. I just want life to slow down so I can catch up.

Upvote 0

Boss_BlueAngels

Life is better when you're flying upside down.
Jul 19, 2005
Seattle
Visit site
✟14,326.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I hate to be the one with bad news, but things don't really slow down, they only get faster! I thought college went by fast and boy was I wrong! lol When I first met my girlfriend 6 years ago my family consisted of 7 people including myself, my parents and my sister and brother and their spouces... now there are 5 nephews and 1 neice between 1 and 5 years old! haha

But I don't have to worry about the problem of growing up... I'm an aerobatic pilot. :D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HunnyBee

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2007
✟18,690.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I understand what you mean, I've felt like that before, especially when I started college. It's not easy to deal with change, but at this point right now I think I have accepted more of that change. My mind is set on building a good life and I'm looking forward to what the future holds.

Upvote 0

Boss_BlueAngels

Life is better when you're flying upside down.
Jul 19, 2005
Seattle
Visit site
✟14,326.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
that makes you immune to growing up? lol

You bet it does! I feel like a 6' tall 10 year old! I mean, I get to take a real airplane out any day I want, throw it around the sky just about any way I want for the most intense and interactive roller coaster ride anyone could ever imagine! I get to explore our world in all three dimensions plus experience gravitational forces from negative 2Gs to positive 5Gs in only a matter of seconds! Makes me feel like a kid again just writing this. :)

Upvote 0
S

SonicBOOM

</IMG>

I think this is normal :) I remember when I first made the transition from "child" to "adult". It's scary because it happens often before you even relize it. all of a sudden your an "adult". I think the way we set it up is wrong though.... the anceint cultures had tests to prove the transition from child to adult. I think our transition should be a thing to make a big deal of and celeberate... but also to earn. The reason why it's so scary, i think, is because becoming an adult "just happens". There's no direction or anything to it...

Upvote 0

Im_A

Legend
May 10, 2004
✟35,359.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
In Relationship
</IMG>
why would it be depressing? because you can't be a child anymore...you have to be a young adult? i don't understand this.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

TryingToLive

Jul 12, 2004
DETROIT BABY..lol
✟7,735.00
Faith
Christian
I'd say i'm not growing up fast enough. 20 years old, can't drive, live at home, suck at school, no job, no phone. -_-; I guess I just need to get some cash, but I don't really plan on sticking around the USA..
lol....i dont have my driver's license yet either. so i do need to grow up in that aspect

Upvote 0

BeautifulDestiny09

Feb 16, 2007
Cleveland Ohio
Visit site
✟15,514.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It really is normal...enjoy it though...my mother told me (and I didn't believe her) that once you turn 21, your birthdays come and go quicker...now I'm almost 22, and in my junior year of college, some of my peers graduate this May and quite a few of my classmates are married with kids already...eek...I dont wanna grow up! lol but there are perks to being older...like making fun of the high school kids with curfews lol...

Upvote 0

gottabemore2life

Princess - Just a Little Girl
Nov 8, 2007
Home
✟9,964.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Do I ever understand!!!

2 years ago I had my whole life planned out to a T, then college came and EVERYTHING changed! I was going to be a high school English teacher, complete my degree at our local junior college in a program in conjunction with one of the state colleges. I was going to marry my high school sweetheart (I was engaged for 2 months, ha), and live happily ever after.

Needless to say, this did not work out.

I am now in my second year of college and taking a court reporting course, but I am still unsure of what I really want to do with my life. I keep trying to tell myself this is okay, even though I am one of those people who feel the need to organize EVERYTHING.

I get freaked out, I get depressed, and I get stressed out beyond belief because I have absolutely no idea where I am gonna be next semester, let alone in a year or 5 or 10....

I am trying to take comfort in the fact that the average college student changes their major 7 times. So I am still far from the statistics! Lol.

I do try to reassure myself that God has a plan for me, and even though my life may be a messed up jumble of seemingly unrelated events right now, this journey is what makes me who I am. Everything happens for a reason.

And in the end, it will all be okay. If it's not okay, it's not the end!

Have faith and no you are not alone AT ALL in feeling this way!

Upvote 0