american-flag-gun.jpg

Upvote 0

semper_virens

somewhere you've never heard of
Aug 26, 2010
✟15,793.00
Faith
Christian
Maybe because I'm not American, I just don't understand the mentality, but why would anyone want to take a gun into Church?

I mean, let's leave aside the far out scenarios of anti-Catholic mobs storming Churches to take our kids away and raise them as non-Catholic - what reason would someone have to take a weapon of any sort into a Church? For those of you who support allowing guns in Church, have you ever had a realistic reason to believe your safety or the safety of others was in such danger in Church that you needed a firearm?

I'm not taking sides here, I'm just interested to understand the mentality here, comeing from a country like Australia where carrying a weapon in public, let alone takin one into somewhere like a Church is just not a question.

Blessings,
:crossrc:
Steve

Well, I would never take one into a church and in a way I disdain it (even pagans did not take weapons into a sanctuary precinct). On the other hand, it is a reality that there have been attacks by self described atheists on churches in America, and in other countries Muslims have attacked churches with the express (there is no question about it, despite the fact that some people pretend/lie that there is) reason being that they were attacking Christians.

Upvote 0

Virgil the Roman

Young Fogey & Monarchist-Distributist . . .
Jan 14, 2006
Kentucky
✟64,604.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
As per the OP:

I would not carry a weapon into a Temple of God. I should like to think, save for an emergency, one would not have to do such.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0