Group finds Starbucks logo too hot to handle

Washington

Jul 3, 2003
Washington state
✟7,305.00
Faith
Agnostic
A Christian group based in San Diego found grounds for outrage over the new retro-style logo.

3starbucks.jpg

Seems that one person's smut is another person's morning latte.

A Christian group based in San Diego found grounds for outrage over the new retro-style logo for Starbucks Coffee.

The Resistance says the new image "has a naked woman on it with her legs spread like a prostitute," Mark Dice, founder of the group, said in a news release. "Need I say more? It's extremely poor taste, and the company might as well call themselves [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]bucks."

source
Someone might want to clue them in on the basic difference between human and fish anatomy.
legsandtails.png

From HERE
"Terry [Heckler] also poured over old marine books until he came up with a logo based on an old sixteenth-century Norse woodcut: a two-tailed mermaid, or siren, encircled by the store’s original name, Starbucks Coffee, Tea, and Spice. That early siren, bare-breasted and Rubenesque, was supposed to be as seductive as coffee itself."
Yeah, those filthy minded sixteenth-century Norsemen.

Last edited:

Sojourner1

Following my Shepherd
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2004
California
✟498,461.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
[bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]bucks :D

Well I don't really like the new logo. I thought the old one was much better. My not liking the new logo isn't because she looks like a prostitute (it is an interesting pose I must admit) but because I just don't get it. Is she supposed to be a mermaid or something?

Upvote 0

Nienor

why so serious
Jun 7, 2004
Seattle
✟29,716.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
[bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]bucks :D

Well I don't really like the new logo. I thought the old one was much better. My not liking the new logo isn't because she looks like a prostitute (it is an interesting pose I must admit) but because I just don't get it. Is she supposed to be a mermaid or something?

This is the old logo :p The green logo is the new one. I think they have the original logo again because they're selling the original Pike's Place market at all the stores at the moment when it's previously been limited only to the original shop.

I don't have a problem with the logo.

Upvote 0

Sojourner1

Following my Shepherd
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2004
California
✟498,461.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is the old logo :p The green logo is the new one. I think they have the original logo again because they're selling the original Pike's Place market at all the stores at the moment when it's previously been limited only to the original shop.

I don't have a problem with the logo.

So it's the new old logo. I like the new new logo then ;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SallyNow

Blame it on the SOCK GNOMES!
May 14, 2004
Canada
✟18,878.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I think they just like to make things confusing :p

What's confusing about a grande nonfat sugarfree syrup vanilla nowhip mocha with three shots expresso?

Hmm...coffeee...

Don't people have real concerns to worry about?

Upvote 0

Nienor

why so serious
Jun 7, 2004
Seattle
✟29,716.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
What's confusing about a grande nonfat sugarfree syrup vanilla nowhip mocha with three shots expresso?

Hmm...coffeee...

Don't people have real concerns to worry about?

Apparently not...

At the moment, Tully's is having a contest about who can enter the longest drink order. I think they're donating a dollar to a charity for every submission or something. ^_^ I usually order Chai, so I've never had to make a complicated order....

Upvote 0

moonkitty

Senior Veteran
May 5, 2006
✟16,945.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
"A Christian group based in San Diego found grounds for outrage over the new retro-style logo for Starbucks Coffee.

The Resistance says the new image "has a naked woman on it with her legs spread like a prostitute," Mark Dice, founder of the group, said in a news release. "Need I say more? It's extremely poor taste, and the company might as well call themselves [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]bucks."

I feel sorry for Mark Dice, since apparently he is unable to tell the difference between a naked woman, and mermaid.

Upvote 0

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟393,880.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"A Christian group based in San Diego found grounds for outrage over the new retro-style logo for Starbucks Coffee.

I feel sorry for Mark Dice, since apparently he is unable to tell the difference between a naked woman, and mermaid.

That and just How do they know that a prostitute spreads there legs like that ?
(if they do)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.