Minneapolis Mn
✟15,325.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
My faith is faulting yes I still believe in God... I've been told many times in the past... God doesn't give you more then you can handle... So trying to keep a sense of humor about everything and simply because I've got no tears left to cry anymore so I have to find away to laugh at some of it... So I tend say in return now is... Okay well then could you tell him something'for me please tell him I said I'm drowning... Also could you ask if he can do a favor for me to please ask him to please stop standing on my head, I can't breathe under water...

The last 10 years or so have been pretty hard to say the least... Better wording for it would be my worst nightmare but that's just my opinion...

I lost both of my daughters May of 2016
I lost my mother January 2009
I lost my father April 2010
I lost my baby sister November 2013 and
I lost my middle sister July 2017

Don't get me wrong I know there are people out there going through so much more then I am but for myself this has been my nightmare...

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
My faith is faulting yes I still believe in God... I've been told many times in the past... God doesn't give you more then you can handle... So trying to keep a sense of humor about everything and simply because I've got no tears left to cry anymore so I have to find away to laugh at some of it... So I tend say in return now is... Okay well then could you tell him something'for me please tell him I said I'm drowning... Also could you ask if he can do a favor for me to please ask him to please stop standing on my head, I can't breathe under water...

The last 10 years or so have been pretty hard to say the least... Better wording for it would be my worst nightmare but that's just my opinion...

Don't get me wrong I know there are people out there going through so much more then I am but for myself this has been my nightmare...

Lord have mercy, Lord have mercy, Lord have mercy!

Prayers for you!

I am so sorry that you've suffered so much loss. I can't even fathom. I struggled a great deal with my faith when my daughter was hidden away for a few years and I had no idea if she was even ok at all. But I wrestled with God a lot. I don't know if this will stand as advice, but I found I had to give up struggling against God. Submission brought freedom, and things began to change, but it took time. I can promise you this - God is not standing on your head. I suspect more likely He is holding out a hand to save you from drowning, but it isn't something you can see. I can also tell you that He loves you deeply, more than you can imagine loving anyone. I know we suffer when our loved ones are absent from us. But all who are living and fallen asleep are not lost; they are kept by His power. And I can also promise you that whatever comes to you (even when it comes from the enemy) is in God's power and He desires (and can) use it for your ultimate good. This life is fleeting, compared to eternity. Suffering in the present can be redeemed in eternal joy, if we will allow it. I know that may not really lessen your pain now, but if you meditate on it, and come to have that kind of trust in God, it becomes easier. Forgive me if any of this sounds just glib, it's not meant to. I would also say that we can't simply say "God doesn't give us more than we can handle". (Though remember evil does not come from God's hand, but He may allow it.) Sometimes He does, in fact, let us be overwhelmed, because if we turn to Him in the crisis in trust and submission, it can be for the sake of our salvation.

You have my prayers. If anything I've said causes more trouble to you, please forgive my clumsiness. I wish you comfort, strength in God, and renewed faith.

God be with you, dear one.

And welcome to CF. We have several areas that may minister to you. I'll post some links below.

Prayer wall, for asking for prayers - Prayer Wall

Asking advice from other Christians - Christian Advice

I thought we had a grief/loss support forum? I'm going to suggest one. The closest categories I can find are these:

Support through depression - Depression Disorders

General recovery struggles - General Struggles

Chaplain's office if you need it - Chaplains Office

I hope these help.

And by the way, this being an intro area, you might get may responses that just say "welcome" because that's what this area is for. Please don't feel hurt or ignored by them. But I suggest posting in some of the other areas.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mukk_in

Yankees Fan
Site Supporter
Oct 13, 2009
Vellore, India
✟664,706.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate

Hard to imagine if anyone could have lost so many loved ones in such a short time. If it's any consolation sister a Father lost His only Son as well. But be of good cheer, you'll see them in heaven. They're in fact in the "great cloud of witnesses" cheering you on towards the finish line. My prayers for you sis. Peace in Christ.

Upvote 0

Little Lantern

Be encouraged! Christ has overcome the world!
Site Supporter
Sep 14, 2017
USA
✟223,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus said, “Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.” (Matthew 11:28-30 KJV)
May God be gracious to you and comfort you in accordance with His lovingkindness, righteousness, and mercy. He is faithful, and His love for you is great.

Upvote 0