Trumbull
✟58,899.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Married
I am age 84 and very sick and looking to Christ for help.

I accept the Will of God. Many things about tomorrow I don't seem to understand, but I know who holds tomorrow and I know who holds my hand. I just live from day to day while Jesus leads the way. My heart is with Him on the Throne, and ill can brook delay, each moment listening for the voice, "Rise up and come away."

I was baptized as a Presbyterian, had attended a UCC Church for some years and am now reaching out to Christian Science.

I have lots of pain and am looking to Christ for relief. I used to be reliant on "Oral" Roberts but he has been called Home now.

Tone

"Whenever Thou humblest me, Thou makest me great."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private

I accept the Will of God. Many things about tomorrow I don't seem to understand, but I know who holds tomorrow and I know who holds my hand. I just live from day to day while Jesus leads the way. My heart is with Him on the Throne, and ill can brook delay, each moment listening for the voice, "Rise up and come away."

I was baptized as a Presbyterian, had attended a UCC Church for some years and am now reaching out to Christian Science.

I have lots of pain and am looking to Christ for relief. I used to be reliant on "Oral" Roberts but he has been called Home now.

Greetings and welcome to CF!

• Agree
Reactions: ilovejcsog
Upvote 0

ilovejcsog

I am a Christian mutt. You can call me Rox
Jul 23, 2018
Phoenix
✟21,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I really like the poem, thank you and welcome.
`I accept the Will of God. Many things about tomorrow I don't seem to understand, but I know who holds tomorrow and I know who holds my hand. I just live from day to day while Jesus leads the way. My heart is with Him on the Throne, and ill can brook delay, each moment listening for the voice, "Rise up and come away."
I am sorry you are very sick. Seems to be common among us oldies.
You are looking in the right place for a healing:)
My mom was a Christian Scientist. We didn't go that way most of us became protestants. I hope we see you again posting. Hopefully well.
Blessings!

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: Tone
Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Welcome to the forum in Jesus name, it is a great place to be for fellowship with other Christians and encouragement. I pray for you to feel the presence of the Lord Jesus and his peace.

Upvote 0

MitchW

Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2019
Trumbull
✟58,899.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Married
As long as one of you liked that poetry I posted, here are the rest of my Basic Beliefs:

1: I saw the Master this morning when he came down to wake up the world. He was sailing white clouds across Heaven. He bent down and kissed all the roses and he gave all the robins their song. Then a bright ray of Sun broke the Heavens and a sweet loving peace swept my soul.

2: You go to your church and I'll go to mine, but let's walk along together. The road is rough and the way is long, but we'll help each other over until we reach the Land of Milk and Honey where the Sting of Death can claim no Victory. We will all meet in the Rapture some sweet day.

3: Many things about tomorrow I don't seem to understand, but I know who holds tomorrow and I know who holds my hand. I just live from day to day while Jesus leads the way. My heart is with Him on the throne, and ill can brook delay, each moment listening for the voice, "Rise up and come away."

4: Jesus fills our conscience till it is at perfect peace; our judgment with persuasion of the certainty of His teachings; our memory with recollections of what He has done, and our imagination with the prospects of what He is yet to do.

5: The Cross must be carried before the crown can be worn. We must follow our Lord in His humiliation, or we shall never rest with Him in Glory. When I am Weak, Yet am I Strong. Grace is my Shield, Christ is my Song. My name is Mitch from Rural Connecticut.

6: All I meet I find assists me in my path to heavenly joy: where, though trials now attend me, trials never more annoy. Blest there with a weight of glory, still the path I'll ne'er forget, but, exulting, cry, it led me to my blessed Savior’s Throne.

7: Science proceeds from the known to the unknown. Religion proceeds from the unknown to the known. Both are the flip sides of the same coin. The name of the coin is LIFE. The owner of the coin is Christ. Through floods and flames, if Jesus leads, I'll follow where he goes.

8: I will speak, not about myself, but to the honor of my God. He hath brought me up out of a horrible pit, and out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings: and he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God. The Lord hath done great things for me.

9: We are nothing but a passing shadow until we reach the Land of Living beyond the Crystal Sea. I follow Christ for my soul. This activity involves DEEP THOUGHT and MEDITATION and connects the believer to the Eternal Triune Godhead.

10: I await the Master's Call. I am allergic to all pain medications and suffer great pain, leg impairment and failing sight. I almost died 6 times from suffocation.

• Friendly
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thanks, Gracia, I could certainly use a Monastery praying for my healing and the end of my pain.

God be with you.
There is a brother on here who is actually a monk. A very good guy. Brother Mark.

Mark Dohle

I'm not in consecrated religious life, but will *definitely* keep you in my prayers. Christ be with you, friend.

• Prayers
Reactions: MitchW
Upvote 0
Jul 26, 2019
Kansas sity
✟870.00
Country
Antigua And Barbuda
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Republican

Welcome to CF Mitch I hope you have a wonderful and lovely time on CF

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

EagleScout88

Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2016
Sacramento, CA
✟60,098.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello,
I praise God that you are reaching out to Jesus to relieve your pain. I am so sorry that you are going through such a difficult time right now and will definitely be praying for you. I have been suffering with severe pain for eight years now, it even got so bad in 2015 that I was really looking to end it all! As you said, though, He has a plan and He is in control. As for Christian Science, if you would like a little information on CS, I have provided a link for you: http://bit.ly/2Myn2hg.
God Bless You!
Kevin

Upvote 0