Ineffable
Apr 7, 2004
✟24,396.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Big Mouth Nana said:
I know what the topic is about. I started it. If you can't see the connection between greenhouse gases and earths destruction, then all I can say is....Hi Ray ^_^ .
I'm not going to revert to name calling, because it's obvious that you have no scientific understanding of the world around you. That is sufficient for an end to the discussion.

m.d.

Upvote 0
I

In Christ Forever

I know what the topic is about. I started it. If you can't see the connection between greenhouse gases and earths destruction, then all I can say is....Hi Ray ^_^ .
Who the heck is Ray?:eek:

1 thess 2:14 For you, brethren, became imitators of the churches of God which are in Judea in Christ Jesus. For you also suffered the same things from your own countrymen, just as they [did] from the Judeans, 15 who killed both the Lord Jesus and their own prophets, and have persecuted us; and they do not please God and are contrary to all men, 16 forbidding us to speak to the Gentiles that they may be saved, so as always to fill up [the measure of] their sins; but wrath has come upon them to the uttermost.

Upvote 0

Big Mouth Nana

Post Tribulationist
Sep 9, 2003
Bakersfield,California
Visit site
✟15,590.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
muffler dragon said:
I'm not going to revert to name calling, because it's obvious that you have no scientific understanding of the world around you. That is sufficient for an end to the discussion.

m.d.
Good. Goodbye then.

Upvote 0
I

In Christ Forever

Big Mouth Nana said:
Read post # 13 for your answer.[/i]
You and I must be on the same Spiritual wave length BD. I posted this very same scripture on another topic last week, LOL. People who think that this earth isn't on a collision course for destruction, are blinder then Ray Charles...God rest his soul!!!!! This earth is NOT regenerating like it used to, but dying daily, just like us. The bible says...Rom 8:22-23 ~ For we know that the whole creation GROANETH and TRAVAILETH in pain together until now.

LOL. Even if I was blind, I would always see the Light of Christ [still may have to use a cane though.]:( :wave:

Jeremia 4:11 Has a nation changed [its] gods, Which [are] not gods? But My people have changed their Glory For [what] does not profit. 12 Be astonished, O heavens, at this, And be horribly afraid; Be very desolate," says the LORD. 13 "For My people have committed two evils: They have forsaken Me, the fountain of living waters, [And] hewn themselves cisterns -- broken cisterns that can hold no water. 14 " [Is] Israel a servant? [Is] he a homeborn [slave?] Why is he plundered? 15 The young lions roared at him, [and] growled; They made his land waste; His cities are burned, without inhabitant.

Upvote 0

Big Mouth Nana

Post Tribulationist
Sep 9, 2003
Bakersfield,California
Visit site
✟15,590.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
In Christ Forever said:
LOL. Even if I was blind, I would always see the Light of Christ [still may have to use a cane though.]
I hear that!!! Like I stated in a prior post, we are dying daily...BUT the good news is, the Spirit is regenerated constantly.

Upvote 0

unbound

Senior Veteran
Feb 14, 2004
✟17,431.00
Faith
Christian
Genesis 8
21 And the LORD smelled a sweet savour; and the LORD said in his heart, I will not again curse the ground any more for man's sake; for the imagination of man's heart is evil from his youth; neither will I again smite any more every thing living, as I have done.
22 While the earth remaineth, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
unbound said:
Genesis 8
21 And the LORD smelled a sweet savour; and the LORD said in his heart, I will not again curse the ground any more for man's sake.
Good point Unbound.

Nana, I'd be interested, what do you think God meant when He said this?

What do you think God was conveying here?

I take it at face value myself.
"not again anymore" isn't a temporary condition.

Upvote 0

Big Mouth Nana

Post Tribulationist
Sep 9, 2003
Bakersfield,California
Visit site
✟15,590.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
parousia70 said:
Good point Unbound.

This is talking about the flood here. He is not going to destroy the earth, man, or everything living by flood anymore. He didn't say that He wouldn't destroy the earth with judgments of fire, earthquakes, floods in various places, plagues, pestilences....THE OPENING OF THE SEALS in Revelation. Seed time and harvest, summer and winter, day and night, and cold and heat, will continue, right up until the time of the end.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Big Mouth Nana

Post Tribulationist
Sep 9, 2003
Bakersfield,California
Visit site
✟15,590.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This is what God was saying.......Gen 9:11-13 ~ And I will establish my covenant with you, neither shall all flesh be cut off any more by the waters of a flood; neither shall there any more be a flood to destroy the earth.
12 And God said, This is the token of the covenant which I make between me and you and every living creature that is with you, for perpetual generations:
13 I do set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be for a token of a covenant between me and the earth.

Upvote 0

unbound

Senior Veteran
Feb 14, 2004
✟17,431.00
Faith
Christian
parousia70 said:
Good point Unbound.

My mistake.Perhaps I should have clarified why I made that post.

The verse says," while the earth remains", meaning there will be a time when it will no longer be.

I think the world will be destroyed when the harvest is comlete, but until then, we will have our seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night.

This means it will continue to produce for us until we get out of here.

Upvote 0

Big Mouth Nana

Post Tribulationist
Sep 9, 2003
Bakersfield,California
Visit site
✟15,590.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
unbound said:
This means it will continue to produce for us until we get out of here.
There ya go unbound. There will be disasters and judgments on the earth, but God isn't go to starve us all to death. Otherwise, none of us would be alive to see His return ;) .

Upvote 0

sarahm12002

Aug 4, 2004
✟481.00
Faith
Baptist
muffler dragon said:
How about we keep things in context there before passing such wonderful judgment?

This thread is about greenhouse gases. This is not a thread on entropy and eventual destruction of the earth. It's amazing how much can get lumped into such a category.

m.d.
The greenhouse gases problem is just another sign to some of us! And these signs ALL point toward one thing. So, yes, this is a sign of the coming "destruction of the earth". We're commanded to watch, not be sleeping!

Matthew 13:14 And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive.

Upvote 0

muffler dragon

Ineffable
Apr 7, 2004
✟24,396.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
sarahm12002 said:
The greenhouse gases problem is just another sign to some of us! And these signs ALL point toward one thing. So, yes, this is a sign of the coming "destruction of the earth". We're commanded to watch, not be sleeping!

Matthew 13:14 And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive.
Then I presume that you take global warming as a real and serious threat. I do not. I consider it junk science.

Agree to disagree.

Entropy, on the other hand, is not something that I question. Everything tending to disorder is natural law. Just the nature of the beast.

m.d.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Big Mouth Nana

Post Tribulationist
Sep 9, 2003
Bakersfield,California
Visit site
✟15,590.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
sarahm12002 said:

Good scripture sarahm12002. I used it myself on another other topic a few weeks ago. Suits where alot of people are these days. You, me, and Brain Damage are being led to the same scriptures. Has to be God!!! To uncanny not to be.

Upvote 0

Big Mouth Nana

Post Tribulationist
Sep 9, 2003
Bakersfield,California
Visit site
✟15,590.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
GW said:
We are not destroying our earth. Earth cannot be destroyed. Nature is infinitely more powerful than humankind.
Oh??? Tell that to a forest that has been destroyed by fires, volcano eruptions like Mt. St Helens etc. Not one tree has started to regrow from Mt. St Helens last eruption. People seem to think that volcanos going off are a natural part of the earths cycle. Why aren't the trees growing back? Tell that to the rain forest that has been destroyed by MAN cutting it down, destroying natural medicines, and wildlife in the process. You need to study what MAN is doing to the earth before thou speaketh.
http://www.davesite.com/rainforests/review4.shtml

Upvote 0

Big Mouth Nana

Post Tribulationist
Sep 9, 2003
Bakersfield,California
Visit site
✟15,590.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

meebs

The dev!l loves rock and roll
Aug 17, 2004
Alpha Quadrant
Visit site
✟17,879.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
http://www.fact-index.com/p/pa/paleocene_eocene_thermal_maximum.html

this might help on the subject of the unexplained rise in carbon dioxide. I heard about it on sky channel adventure one, but couldnt find a site! If this is not good enough type the keywords in a search engine: methane hydroxide and global warming (check youre spelling - i had to!)

But a similar event as described in the above may occur. It is normally a natural event, BUT, human activity MAY make it worse. :eek: please read it.:)

Hope it helps on the subject, if it doesnt im sorry.:sorry:

Upvote 0

Big Mouth Nana

Post Tribulationist
Sep 9, 2003
Bakersfield,California
Visit site
✟15,590.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
jellybrain said:
http://www.fact-index.com/p/pa/paleocene_eocene_thermal_maximum.html

this might help on the subject of the unexplained rise in carbon dioxide. I heard about it on sky channel adventure one, but couldnt find a site! If this is not good enough type the keywords in a search engine: methane hydroxide and global warming (check youre spelling - i had to!)

But a similar event as described in the above may occur. It is normally a natural event, BUT, human activity MAY make it worse. :eek: please read it.:)

Hope it helps on the subject, if it doesnt im sorry.:sorry:
Hi jellybrain. I must admit that I had to have at least 2 cups of coffee first to "digest" this, LOL. Takes awhile for the brain to wake up at my age. This sentence caught my eye, and I personally believe that this can affect the earths weather patterns, as I believe is happening right now.....Quote From Article:But whether volcanic activity or a methane belch was the culprit, the greenhouse gas locked in the sun’s warmth, sending global temperatures soaring.
This earth has volcanos going off daily somewhere, more then one generally, as like right now there are 2 I believe, and one trying, St. Helens. That ash is thrown up into the atmosphere for thousands of miles, and carried on the jet stream. True that it is a normal event that has happened for thousands of years, but our population growth doesn't help the situation at all with all of the cars throwing pollutants into the air.
My husband and I took a drive up into the mountains yesterday afternoon, and we were shocked at what we saw. Alot of the Oak trees are dying up there from lack of water. The whole area looked like a dusty, dying, parched landscape, and it made me feel sick inside. I had heard that this was going on, but seeing it with my own eyes was a real shock. If California doesn't get some big rain storms and snow pack this winter, we are in trouble by next summer. Most of the storms have been staying way north of us for the past 3 years, and I attribute it to changing global weather patterns. It is either to much, or not enough worldwide.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.