Give me Liberty ...Or a pie in the face
Feb 10, 2004
Way down yonder in the paw paw patch
✟22,387.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Russell Morre is great ...I wish I could find more of there music (or even hear them live)

Where have all the Southern Gospel Groups gone to?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

There are just no more guys out there that can sing that LOW bass anymore. Plus no one here in Virginia plays them on the radio. We are doing good having 2 Christian stations on the air.

I would also have to vote for Jay Parrack, and Tim Riley from Gold CIty they rock and have great ranges.!

Upvote 0

dmiller

FiddlePicker
Jul 17, 2004
Lake Superior's North Shore
✟2,243.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Posted by Mr. Fiddle:
Garth is possibly the greatest entertainer that country music has ever known, but as far as vocal talent, he's just 'alright'.
Amen to that!

Best (male) singer I have ever heard is John Cowan. He played bass, and sang lead vocals for the New Grass Revival, and it was their version of the song "Calling Baton Rouge" (written by Dennis Linde), that caused Garth to want to record it for himself.

And yes, when you hear "Calling Baton Rouge" being done on yer local radio station, Garth has John, and Sam of the New Grass Revival backing him up.

John Cowan is head and shoulders above Garth as a singer. Garth is too busy being a "showman" to do a great job singing. I've heard John hold one note for close to 30 seconds during the chorus of "These Days", while the rest of the band did the accompanying lyrics. Hey -- you try singing one note for 30 seconds without taking a breath!

My vote goes to John. Am thinking Garth himself would agree, since he did state at one time ---
"There is no better band alive, than the New Grass Revival". :)

And John was lead singer!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.