Greatest Mass Murderer in History May Not Be Who You Think

Assyrian

Basically pulling an Obama (Thanks Calminian!)
Mar 31, 2006
Wales
✟27,286.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Greatest Mass Murderer in History May Not Be Who You Think
My first thought was Mao.

Then I thought...

Mosquito - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Mosquitoes are estimated to transmit disease to more than 700 million
people annually in Africa, South America, Central America, Mexico and
much of Asia with millions of resulting deaths. At least 2 million people
annually die of these diseases.

• Informative
Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0
Oct 21, 2009
✟17,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
My first thought was Mao.

Then I thought...

Mosquito - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Mosquitoes are estimated to transmit disease to more than 700 million
people annually in Africa, South America, Central Ameorica, Mexico and
much of Asia with millions of resulting deaths. At least 2 million people
annually die of these diseases.

Then it is who you would have first thought. Personally, I would have said Stalin. Mosquitoes don't count, nor does bacteria.

Upvote 0

driewerf

a day at the Zoo
Mar 7, 2010
✟261,132.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
American Thinker Blog: Who holds the title of 'Greatest Mass Murderer in History?'

I would have guessed Adolph Hitler, Joseph Stalin or Pol Pot. This was a surprise to me. Mao had a lot of admirers in this country. I wonder if they knew?
First: it is very difficult to separate propaganda from real resaerch in this matter. So treat figures with care.

Second, Mao was mad and has made incredible stupid decissions, though seldom with the purpose of killing. He has ruined Chinese agriculture completely, which led to the death of millions, mainly during his "Great Leap Forward". But he has set up very few death camps, unlike Stalin or Hitler. So Mao's body count may be high, his murder rate is lower.

Upvote 0

outOftheLoop

Sep 13, 2010
USA
✟15,909.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

Supreme

British
Jul 30, 2009
London
✟22,685.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
its not Mao -

it's abortionists

Since abortion was legalized in the US in '73 there have been 50 million babies murdered. God only knows what the total is worldwide

Even if you consider abortion murder (which I, and the law, does not), that's still not close to the 60 million killed under Stalin.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Supreme

British
Jul 30, 2009
London
✟22,685.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I've been reading about Stalin lately (book, Stalin: The Court of the Red Tsar), and though ruthless before his ascension to power, it was really only after the death of his second wife, Nadya, when he lost his grip on reality. He was reportedly crying so much and pleading to resign after hearing of her death, however, he completely lost his grip on reality after her death, ordering purges and sending millions to their deaths in labour camps, as part of his ridiculous 'Five Year Plans'.

That's why I believe he is the biggest mass murderer- he was a leader who deliberately killed millions, almost 60 million people. That's the population of the UK.

Upvote 0

Hairy Tic

May 4, 2005
✟2,144.00
Faith
Catholic
American Thinker Blog: Who holds the title of 'Greatest Mass Murderer in History?'

I would have guessed Adolph Hitler, Joseph Stalin or Pol Pot. This was a surprise to me. Mao had a lot of admirers in this country. I wonder if they knew?
## Mao killed 90 million - half as many again as Stalin.

I can't help feeling sorry for Hitler, for he is routinely reviled for his crimes; but Mao, who makes him look like a beginner, is like Stalin, quite "unhated". It's bizarre.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Historicus

Follower of Jesus Christ
Apr 20, 2005
Ohio
✟55,435.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Mod Hat On
This thread has went through a clean up.
If your post is missing it's been removed as off-topic to the OP. Please remember CF rules when posting and please stay on topic to the discussion at hand.
Mod Hat Off

Upvote 0

marlowe007

Veteran
Dec 8, 2008
✟23,651.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I've been reading about Stalin lately (book, Stalin: The Court of the Red Tsar), and though ruthless before his ascension to power, it was really only after the death of his second wife, Nadya, when he lost his grip on reality. He was reportedly crying so much and pleading to resign after hearing of her death, however, he completely lost his grip on reality after her death, ordering purges and sending millions to their deaths in labour camps, as part of his ridiculous 'Five Year Plans'.

That's why I believe he is the biggest mass murderer- he was a leader who deliberately killed millions, almost 60 million people. That's the population of the UK.

Sorry, but the idea that Stalin killed tens of millions is utter moonshine! As John Getty (who is by no means pro-Stalin) states in his book The Road To Terror, the recently-revealed NKVD archives detail the exact number of arrests and executions - the total being in the hundreds of thousands, not millions! - and this has led many historians to revise their knowledge of the Stalinist period. In addition, most of those arrests and executions involved criminals.

Of course, I'm not including the natural disaster that was the Ukranian Famine, which cost four million lives.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟321,856.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Sorry, but the idea that Stalin killed tens of millions is utter moonshine! As John Getty (who is by no means pro-Stalin) states in his book The Road To Terror, the recently-revealed NKVD archives detail the exact number of arrests and executions - the total being in the hundreds of thousands, not millions! - and this has led many historians to revise their knowledge of the Stalinist period. In addition, most of those arrests and executions involved criminals.

Of course, I'm not including the natural disaster that was the Ukranian Famine, which cost four million lives.

So you would not include any Jews who died in camps of disease and starvation? The Ukrane was hte breadbasket of Europe and its farmers starved because their grain was taken from them. As intentional as a bullet to the head.

Upvote 0

Supreme

British
Jul 30, 2009
London
✟22,685.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single

Stalin killed whoever got in his way. The Great Purges, the Great Terror, the Ukrainian Famine, the forced labour camps... Stalin was a brutal thug, who didn't care who he killed- as he put it, 'No man, no problem'. He did achieve many good things- without Stalin, the USSR may not have industrialized as fast as it did, and Hitler may have won the war. But in general, Stalin was tyrant.

Upvote 0