Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
THE GRACE COMMISSIONS OF THE CHURCH VS THE MINISTRY OF THE BODY OF CHRIST

I hope you found a church OK.

There is a significant difference between the commission of the 12 sho functioned under their commissions in connection with serving as apostles, and we today in the Body of Christ who function under our commissions in connection with serving as AMBASSADORS.

OUR commission / ministry is the The AMBASSADORSHIP: IICor.5:20; Eph.6:19-20

There is a certain reality to our being Ambassadors: (IICor.5:20)

The word “ambassadors” (presbeu,w [presbeuo] means: an elder or older representative who is experienced in diplomatic affairs)

The PROFILE of our AMBASSADORSHIP:

1) Does not appoint himself. We have been appointed by God by virtue of being members of the body of Christ.

2) Does not support himself. The sound wisdom and sound Bible doctrine from God’s written word forms our means of support.

3) Instructions are given in written form. The sound doctrine in God’s word that is written as contained in the letters of the apostle Paul.

4) Does not belong to the country to which he is sent. We are now citizens in Christ’s Heavenly Kingdom for, to, and about us - Eph.2:19; Phil.3:20; Col.1:12-13.)

5) Does not live in that country for his own personal interests. (ICor.6:20; 7:23)

6) Does not treat any insult to himself as being personal. (IICor.1:5; Col.1:24)

7) Our AMBASSADORSHIP when recall by GOD is tantamount to declaration of war on the earth, e.g., the wrath of GOD.

The “TARGETS” of our AMBASSADORSHIP Commissions:
TARGET A:
IS MEN - II Cor. 5:14-21

God offers personal reconciliation to ALL men today - and we are to take that message to them.

In connection with “Target A: Men” we have been given, as the first part of our commission, a ministry of RECONCILIATION.

“Reconciliation” (katalla,ssw/katallagh,) The terms are commonly thought of as meaning “to change completely” which is a rudiment part of the meaning, but not a fully developed and accurate meaning.

“Reconciliation” is the process of negotiation that results in the adjustment of differences between opposing parties - it is used in the NT in the sense of being on the deserving end of the WRATH of God; and refers to God’s method of adjusting of those differences between Himself and man, with a favorable outcome to both parties.

katalla,ssw refers to the reconciliation by which God has reconciled Himself to us AND us to Himself - i.e., God laid aside His anger and wrath against our sins and received us into His favor by means of all that was accomplished in the Cross-Work of Christ (Rom.5:10).

Christ becomes the Mediator of the negotiation, i.e., He becomes the ‘Peacemaker’ between God and Man (Eph.2:14; Col.1:20)

This, then, becomes the very basis for our “Great Ambassador Commission”,, which is The Gospel of Christ: “BE YE RECONCILED” (IICor.5:20)

TARGET B:
IS PRINCIPALTIES AND POWERS IN THE HEAVENLY PLACES - Eph.6:19-20; Eph.3:1-10

The issue of the ransomed STATUS CHANGE we have now as the ‘ONE NEW MAN!’ We are NO longer under the dominion of the Adversary [Satan]!

The individuals in view goes beyond men, to angelic beings - and the impact God wants to be made upon them!

This target goes far beyond you making an impact in your own personal life as a member of the Church, the Body of Christ upon men with the gospel of reconciliation! But rather to constantly confront those current devils/demons in the heavenly places with the wisdom and grandeur of what God had done in reconciling and repossessing that heavenly realm back to God, taking the Adversary in his own craftiness!

Israel had a parallel understanding of the 'impact issue', Deut. 4:5-8.

All of the Deut. 5:5-8 passage is in keeping with Israel’s vocation.

But our vocation as found in Eph.4:1 = Our vocation; and also Eph.1:19-23 & 2:1-7, Col.2:15

The targeting of the principalities and powers in the heavenly places with setting forth the wisdom of God in the mystery is a grievous, disturbing, and embarrassing impact on those heavenly beings (devils/demons) in the heavenly places.

Therefore, our vocation, is all made possible in the wisdom and genius of the Cross-Work of our Lord Jesus Christ!

Upvote 0

Dispy

Veteran
Jan 16, 2004
South Dakota
✟4,680.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
THE GRACE COMMISSIONS OF THE CHURCH VS THE MINISTRY OF THE BODY OF CHRIST

I hope you found a church OK.

There is a significant difference between the commission of the 12 sho functioned under their commissions in connection with serving as apostles, and we today in the Body of Christ who function under our commissions in connection with serving as AMBASSADORS.

OUR commission / ministry is the The AMBASSADORSHIP: IICor.5:20; Eph.6:19-20

There is a certain reality to our being Ambassadors: (IICor.5:20)

The word “ambassadors” (presbeu,w [presbeuo] means: an elder or older representative who is experienced in diplomatic affairs)

The PROFILE of our AMBASSADORSHIP:

1) Does not appoint himself. We have been appointed by God by virtue of being members of the body of Christ.

2) Does not support himself. The sound wisdom and sound Bible doctrine from God’s written word forms our means of support.

3) Instructions are given in written form. The sound doctrine in God’s word that is written as contained in the letters of the apostle Paul.

4) Does not belong to the country to which he is sent. We are now citizens in Christ’s Heavenly Kingdom for, to, and about us - Eph.2:19; Phil.3:20; Col.1:12-13.)

5) Does not live in that country for his own personal interests. (ICor.6:20; 7:23)

6) Does not treat any insult to himself as being personal. (IICor.1:5; Col.1:24)

7) Our AMBASSADORSHIP when recall by GOD is tantamount to declaration of war on the earth, e.g., the wrath of GOD.

The “TARGETS” of our AMBASSADORSHIP Commissions:
TARGET A:
IS MEN - II Cor. 5:14-21

God offers personal reconciliation to ALL men today - and we are to take that message to them.

In connection with “Target A: Men” we have been given, as the first part of our commission, a ministry of RECONCILIATION.

“Reconciliation” (katalla,ssw/katallagh,) The terms are commonly thought of as meaning “to change completely” which is a rudiment part of the meaning, but not a fully developed and accurate meaning.

“Reconciliation” is the process of negotiation that results in the adjustment of differences between opposing parties - it is used in the NT in the sense of being on the deserving end of the WRATH of God; and refers to God’s method of adjusting of those differences between Himself and man, with a favorable outcome to both parties.

katalla,ssw refers to the reconciliation by which God has reconciled Himself to us AND us to Himself - i.e., God laid aside His anger and wrath against our sins and received us into His favor by means of all that was accomplished in the Cross-Work of Christ (Rom.5:10).

Christ becomes the Mediator of the negotiation, i.e., He becomes the ‘Peacemaker’ between God and Man (Eph.2:14; Col.1:20)

This, then, becomes the very basis for our “Great Ambassador Commission”,, which is The Gospel of Christ: “BE YE RECONCILED” (IICor.5:20)

TARGET B:
IS PRINCIPALTIES AND POWERS IN THE HEAVENLY PLACES - Eph.6:19-20; Eph.3:1-10

The issue of the ransomed STATUS CHANGE we have now as the ‘ONE NEW MAN!’ We are NO longer under the dominion of the Adversary [Satan]!

The individuals in view goes beyond men, to angelic beings - and the impact God wants to be made upon them!

This target goes far beyond you making an impact in your own personal life as a member of the Church, the Body of Christ upon men with the gospel of reconciliation! But rather to constantly confront those current devils/demons in the heavenly places with the wisdom and grandeur of what God had done in reconciling and repossessing that heavenly realm back to God, taking the Adversary in his own craftiness!

Israel had a parallel understanding of the 'impact issue', Deut. 4:5-8.

All of the Deut. 5:5-8 passage is in keeping with Israel’s vocation.

But our vocation as found in Eph.4:1 = Our vocation; and also Eph.1:19-23 & 2:1-7, Col.2:15

The targeting of the principalities and powers in the heavenly places with setting forth the wisdom of God in the mystery is a grievous, disturbing, and embarrassing impact on those heavenly beings (devils/demons) in the heavenly places.

Therefore, our vocation, is all made possible in the wisdom and genius of the Cross-Work of our Lord Jesus Christ!

Enjoyed your commentary. The "so called" great commission that Jesus gave to His disciples cannot be carried out today as originally stated. However it will be carried out during the during the 1000 year reign of Christ at His coming.

We do find our greater commission of Eph. 3:9 "...to make all what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God," and.
2 Cor. 5:16 "Wherefore henceforth (from now on) know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh (His earthly ministry) know we him no more.

(Jesus came only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel (cf. Matt. 15:24) to confirm (fulfill) the promises made to the Jewish fathers (cf. Rom. 15:8). Being Israel, as a nation rejected the Trinity, God gave Israel temporary slumbering eyes, raised up Saul/Paul to usher in this present dispensation of Grace.

Jesus and His disciples preached "the kingdom at hand", i.e. "the gospel of the kingdom". Today we are to preach "...Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began" (Rom. 16:25.)

17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creation; behold all things are become new.
18 And all things are of God, who hath reconciled (re-connected) us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation.
19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputting their trespasses unto them: and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.
19 Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ stead, be ye reconciled to God.

(It is an honor to be an ambassador for one's homeland. An ambassador is one who represents ones homeland in a foreign nation. Being our citizenship is in heaven (cf. Phil 3:20), therefore our ministry is here on earth until we either are raptured or die.)

20 Now we are ambassadors for Christ as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.

(While here, we are ambassadors for Christ to make known the fellowiship of the mystery)

When one is searching for a church, that one should look for one that "rightly divides" the Word of Truth; through mid-Acts dispensational teaching.

Upvote 0

a_ntv

Ens Liturgicum
Apr 21, 2006
✟35,718.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
I've been looking for a church for some time, and came upon a
web site this week quite by 'accident'.

Has anyone heard of 'Great Commission Churches', and / or been
to one? They sound great, just curious. This is the site:

About Us

I'm very worried by denominations which don't have nor God nor Christ in the first place of their statement of faith

Upvote 0
B

bbbbbbb

I do know about the Great Commission Churches, They began in 1970 as "the Blitz", an outreach effort which began with a group of young college-aged people from Colorado Springs. They were led by Jim McCotter, who was a very dynamic and charismatic fellow associated with a Plymouth brethren assembly in Colorado Springs.

They headed east into Kansas and ended up at Iowa State University in Ames where they found fertile ground which had been plowed and planted by three other campus ministries and one fundamental Baptist in the years preceding their arrival. They settles down in Ames and, before long, rented a disused old fraternity house, renaming it Alpha and Omega. It was that name which stuck for a few years. Many came to Christ during their outreach and others joined them from the campus ministries. At their peak on campus they had about 100-200 actively with them.

By 1972 they decided to branch off to other areas, such as Norman, Oklahoma where another PB was working on campus. In the meantime there was dissension within and without the movement and things began rapidly evolving.

Within a few years they dropped all connection with the brethren and renamed themselves as the Great Commission Churches. They decided to become Contemporary Christian in their theology and form so that they differ little from many wannabe mega-churches. Their success has been in places where this form of Christianity is not common. In other places where they compete with other wannbe mega-churches as well as actual mega-churches, they do not fare very well.

I hope this helps you.

Upvote 0
S

StormHawk

I expect they have some / many God-seeking, well-meaning people but to see whether they have had the revelation of salvation I go to "statement of faith" and compare at they say about salvation with the clear instruction given by the foundation - the apostles in Acts 2, 8, 10 etc.

Instead of just affirming that I find:

All who are born again of the Spirit can, through the sure promises of God, be fully assured of eternal life from the very moment they put their faith in Christ.

- It seems they have substituted a human profession, perhaps with water baptism, for God's original witness of speaking in tongues to bare the heart witness.

This is very dangerous since "the heart is deceitful above all things" (Jer. 17:9) and "many will call me Lord...but I will say to them I never knew you".

Upvote 0
B

bbbbbbb

I expect they have some / many God-seeking, well-meaning people but to see whether they have had the revelation of salvation I go to "statement of faith" and compare at they say about salvation with the clear instruction given by the foundation - the apostles in Acts 2, 8, 10 etc.

Instead of just affirming that I find:

All who are born again of the Spirit can, through the sure promises of God, be fully assured of eternal life from the very moment they put their faith in Christ.

- It seems they have substituted a human profession, perhaps with water baptism, for God's original witness of speaking in tongues to bare the heart witness.

This is very dangerous since "the heart is deceitful above all things" (Jer. 17:9) and "many will call me Lord...but I will say to them I never knew you".

They do not associate water baptism with salvation and are not Campbellites. As I mentioned in my previous post, their beginnings were with the Plymouth Brethren, which had their beginnings in Great Britain and are not to be confused with the German brethren such as the Grace Brethren, Dunkard Brethren, Evangelical United Brethren, etc.

They would agree that salvation is not a matter of profession, but a matter of saving faith in Jesus Christ. They reject glossalia as unscriptural.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

vandalia

Dec 30, 2011
✟7,611.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I haven't even set up my profile yet..... Great commission Churches YIKES!!!!
First, Look them up on google. I am not gossiping, I have had an experience in this church. I am a devoted follower of Christ. The pastors there are controlling of their members ie. they suddenly and inexplicitely told people that were getting to know us to stop talking to us (after 1 month). No one approached us, telling us why etc. (but maybe it was God intervening on our behalf). As I have discovered, they believe in predestination and Calvinism, they believe they can tell the status of a "true believer" in minutes. If they don't think you are a "true believer" they will ostracize you. After all, you are going to hell anyway. Repeated problems in your life indicate a person who is acting like a "true believer" but are really "children of Satan" (eg. a member of my family has ongoing health issues). After this happened with the pastor there, a member of the church then told someone else I know outside the church that "I am not saved" This then was spread to other people I know. It was a mess. They are really nice on the front end but are really scarey when you see their beliefs and how they act out their faith. They will never never tell you they do this and do not preach it from the pulpit. There is only one tell tale sign in their statement of faith, that people are saved by God's "election" !!!! They are "evaluating your salvation" by talking to you. The interesting thing is that the individuals who were told to not talk to us at church, have no problem having you over and have even called us on the phone, but if they are ever in the presence of the church people, they pretend they don't know you. This explains soooo much about some people's behavior. Its really close to a cult. If they think that only they will "inherit the Kingdom" and everyone else will burn.... Then why not take advantage of a person? I would skip it.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I'm very worried by denominations which don't have nor God nor Christ in the first place of their statement of faith

And I'm always wary of churches that have elaborate webpages but don't list their local units. Although they talk about members of churches, I wasn;'t able to find any. Maybe I missed the link or tab, but they certainly don't make it easy. I did find some counselling services and some contracts you were supposed to write to if you wanted to find out where there are any local affiliates. Not encouraging.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Jan 24, 2012
✟15,111.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Great Commission Churches is a movement of evangelical churches that are evangelical in doctrine and practice, holding to the basic truths of orthodox, Protestant Christianity. The list of their churches is the easiest thing to find on their website. Just click on "FIND A CHURCH" at the top :) I would have to say that vandalia's view is extremely skewed and slanted. She says that they believe that people are saved by God's "election". False. Their website says:
Salvation

"Men and women are freed from the penalty for their sins not as a result, in whole or in part, of their own works, goodness, or religious ceremony, but by the undeserved favor of God alone. God declares righteous all who put their faith in Christ alone for their salvation.

Go to gccweb.org/about and read about the church movement for yourself.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Great Commission Churches is a movement of evangelical churches that are evangelical in doctrine and practice, holding to the basic truths of orthodox, Protestant Christianity. The list of their churches is the easiest thing to find on their website. Just click on "FIND A CHURCH" at the top :) I would have to say that vandalia's view is extremely skewed and slanted. She says that they believe that people are saved by God's "election". False. Their website says:
Salvation

"Men and women are freed from the penalty for their sins not as a result, in whole or in part, of their own works, goodness, or religious ceremony, but by the undeserved favor of God alone. God declares righteous all who put their faith in Christ alone for their salvation.

Go to gccweb.org/about and read about the church movement for yourself.

It looks like we've all followed the links and didn't find the movement to be remarkable. Sounds like lots of already-existing non-denoms and IMO not particularly orthodox.

Last edited:
Upvote 0