United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Good read

"Anyone who claims to be a Christian can find evangelicals willing to accept a profession of faith, whether or not the person's behavior shows any evidence of commitment to Christ. In this way, faith has become merely an intellectual exercise. Instead of calling men and women to surrender to Christ, modern evangelism asks them only to accept some basic facts about Him.'

An Introduction to Lordship Salvation

Upvote 0

JLR1300

Dec 16, 2012
Oklahoma
✟8,189.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Lordship justification is really just a lack of faith in the Holy Spirit. People don't understand that when the Holy Spirit gives you faith and justifies you He then enters you and starts producing the fruits of the Spirit which are love for God and goodness and self-control etc. Also God will discipline a sinning believer.

But people don't understand this. They are afraid that if you only require faith alone you will never live a holy life. Therefore, to cure that potential problem, they demand that in order to get saved in the first place, you must be fully submissive to Christ and promise to obey Him as Lord in all things for the rest of your life. In addition, you must resolve to turn form all sin and live in moral obedience to God's will. What is God's will for us morally? The ten commandments.

Do we have to repent OF SINS in order to be justified or are we justified by faith alone?
1st John 3:4 says "sin is the transgression of the law" So if you have to repent of sins to be saved then you are agreeing to quit transgressing the law to be saved. But Paul says that a man is justified by faith apart from the deeds of the law. Paul said in Romans 7 that he found out that He couldn't be saved by keeping the law when He read the law"s demand not to covet. That is the tenth commandment. So to repent of coveting is to try to keep the law like Paul did and found that He could not do it.

To repent means to change your mind. Those who do not believe Jesus is the Lord and do not trust him alone for salvation need to repent. (change their minds and trust in Him alone and not in what they can do morally for salvation)

Lordship justification is really a bargain we make for salvation in which we exchange promises with God. For our part, we promise and resolve to live in obedience to Christ and his commandments and in exchange God promises to give us eternal life.

Another name for easy believe-ism is faith alone. Another name for Lordship justification is faith plus works. Turning from sin is a work, that is why Jonah 3:10 says of the people of Nineveh that " God saw their works, that they turned from their evil ways...'

The difficult believe-ism crowd (or the faith plus works crowd) sounds much more holy than the grace alone through faith alone crowd. But they actually aren't.

Faith alone may sound so easy that even a child could do it.... But Jesus said that unless you become like a little child you will by no means enter the kingdom. An adult tries to earn what He gets.... a child just believes that his father will provide what he needs. You need to become like a little child and just believe that Jesus provides salvation by His blood apart from your works..... instead of depending on your moral commitments to the Lord and your pious resolve to be submissive. Lordship justification (difficult believe-ism) is really just a subtle legalism.

Of course many of the "easy believe-ism" people are wrong too because many of them think that people who get saved will live totally unchanged. That is wrong too. All who get the Spirit are changed people.

Upvote 0

pilgrim42

Oct 2, 2011
Jacksonville, FL
✟8,036.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I'd found this interesting account on Youtube. This man may be a Pastor or preacher. He claims Lordship salvation is a lie. All we have to believe is that Jesus paid for our sins to be saved.

Here's is his video page and his newest video.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBoj_s5bfBd7WC5-KsCOo7Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsACe0E1pTI

Like to get feedback.

And if you have an issue, don't take it out on me. Take it up with him.

I watched a little bit of the video clip. It didn't take long to figure out where the speaker was going. He is advocating Hyper Grace. It is a misleading doctrine that in my opinion is a false gospel.
I would recommend reading Michael L. Brown's book "Hyper Grace". He gives a full explanation of this new movement.

Ken :bow:

Upvote 0