Apr 19, 2014
✟1,712.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Green
Governments urge Internet Explorer users to switch browsers until fix found | ZDNet
I don't think many use IE now but in the event they do this is worth the read.

microsoft-discloses-zero-day-in-all-versions-of-internet-explorer-220x165.jpg

Microsoft discloses zero day in all versions of Internet Explorer

Interesting. I opened my IE to check this thread to make sure the link fix worked with IE. This second link didn't work. But there was an advertisement installed by CF that when clicked took me to a FAKE Microsoft style website
where it said I could fix errors.

This is the site below. I do not advise using that link. I just want it to appear here so people know what's happening in this thread via the server.

http://speedmaxpc.com/speed/booster.../?t202id=845&gclid=CNCL3sOerL4CFRFk7AodEzwAtA

This may be why these links didn't work in the first place. Ad cross over interference. Sorry about that folks. Not my fault. :(

Last edited:

freezerman2000

Living and dying in 3/4 time
Feb 24, 2011
South Carolina
✟39,130.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Huh. There are some work things I need to use IE for, but I only use it on intranet sites so I guess that's OK?

Microsoft has a monopoly on things you need at work?There are no viable alternatives?The Horrors!

Upvote 0

Joykins

free Crazy Liz!
Jul 14, 2005
Down in Mary's Land
✟29,390.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Microsoft has a monopoly on things you need at work?There are no viable alternatives?The Horrors!

yeah yeah, there are a few things including Sharepoint and Firefox or Chrome don't work together well in the versions I have for what I need to do. Blame Sharepoint ^_^ I also have somethings that will not work with IE so I have a selection of browsers.

Upvote 0

freezerman2000

Feb 24, 2011
South Carolina
✟39,130.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
yeah yeah, there are a few things including Sharepoint and Firefox or Chrome don't work together well in the versions I have for what I need to do. Blame Sharepoint ^_^ I also have somethings that will not work with IE so I have a selection of browsers.

Do you use MS Office or Open Office?The latter is free,has lots of extras and in my opinion,easier to navigate.

Upvote 0

Billnew

Legend
Apr 23, 2004
Ohio
Visit site
✟35,363.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Links don't work for me. Probably because I'm using IE at work. :)

I'm having alot of trouble with my home IE.
Just haven't taken time to load new browser.

It comes loaded in every computer.

I prefer using Linux if I plan on doing much surfing. Also haven't (dual) installed it on my computer yet.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟909,665.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Zdnet Article
By Liam Tung | April 29, 2014
Summary: Switch to Chrome or Firefox until Microsoft fixes the security flaw affecting all versions of Internet Explorer.

I don't think many use IE now but in the event they do this is worth the read.

microsoft-discloses-zero-day-in-all-versions-of-internet-explorer-220x165.jpg

Microsoft discloses zero day in all versions of Internet Explorer
Read more

Still the number one browser by a fair margin actually. Mostly because a lot of people just use the default that comes with the OS. Oh, and the patch was released a week ago.

Upvote 0
G

grayeagle48

I recieved three updates from M/S on 04/09/14, and another on 05/02/14. And another on 05/014/14 But oddly M/S supposedly ended support for XP on 04/08/14.
I have been using IE 8 since this supposed bug has been
discovered with no issues, other than being slooow, which it was before anyway.

Also i find odd that spybot updates my XP weekly, malwarebytes updates daily, and AVG intemintently.

I have a new hard drive and new memory to upgrade, but I am not sure when I will do that yet.

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟909,665.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
I recieved three updates from M/S on 04/09/14, and another on 05/02/14. And another on 05/014/14 But oddly M/S supposedly ended support for XP on 04/08/14.
I have been using IE 8 since this supposed bug has been
discovered with no issues, other than being slooow, which it was before anyway.

Also i find odd that spybot updates my XP weekly, malwarebytes updates daily, and AVG intemintently.

I have a new hard drive and new memory to upgrade, but I am not sure when I will do that yet.

You have other Microsoft software on you machine besides XP.

Upvote 0

Sunshine Locket

This isn't what the Genie in the bottle promised
Apr 19, 2014
✟1,712.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Green
I fixed the first two links. They should work now in the OP. There is evidently a bug that attaches to an IE post here and that may explain why the fake Microsoft style website appeared as an ad in the OP after I edited the post.

I never looked at this site on IE before. I've never seen a website with so many advertisements in one place. Page after page and even attaching in spots where our signatures would be. vBulletin appears to be all about the mammon! :( Could that advertising mess be what's messing with page loads and redirects and missing words in posts, etc... that's suddenly happening?

Upvote 0

freezerman2000

Feb 24, 2011
South Carolina
✟39,130.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I fixed the first two links. They should work now in the OP. There is evidently a bug that attaches to an IE post here and that may explain why the fake Microsoft style website appeared as an ad in the OP after I edited the post.

I never looked at this site on IE before. I've never seen a website with so many advertisements in one place. Page after page and even attaching in spots where our signatures would be. vBulletin appears to be all about the mammon! :( Could that advertising mess be what's messing with page loads and redirects and missing words in posts, etc... that's suddenly happening?

Tired of the ads? Get ABP..It's free and is most effective getting rid of all of that mammon.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sunshine Locket

Apr 19, 2014
✟1,712.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Green
Tired of the ads? Get ABP..It's free and is most effective getting rid of all of that mammon.
Does it work with IE and Windows 7?

I just tried to log on using the Firefox browser because they have a Ad Blocker Add-On and I wanted to use a browser as backup to Opera that wasn't IE that doesn't offer any type of Adblock Add-On.

Now I know what people are talking about when they say they can't log on because they get that white screen. That's what I got after the message, thank you for logging on....I'm wondering if those members getting the white screen are using Firefox too? :confused:

Putting this out there in case they read this thread. I'll go find the thread that asks us to report that particular glitch.

Computers are fun. :D

Upvote 0

GarfieldJL

Dec 10, 2012
✟26,292.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Still the number one browser by a fair margin actually. Mostly because a lot of people just use the default that comes with the OS. Oh, and the patch was released a week ago.

Yeah, and also it helps to have a secondary firewall. I have my problems with I.E. but I Google Chrome is a lot worse in my book, and I refuse to use Fire Fox.

Just have a Firewall that was created by another company (aside from McAffee or Norton), and that should help cover some of the flaws.

Also it helps if you refrain from giving out your credit/debit card information online in the first place.

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟909,665.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Does it work with IE and Windows 7?

I just tried to log on using the Firefox browser because they have a Ad Blocker Add-On and I wanted to use a browser as backup to Opera that wasn't IE that doesn't offer any type of Adblock Add-On.

Now I know what people are talking about when they say they can't log on because they get that white screen. That's what I got after the message, thank you for logging on....I'm wondering if those members getting the white screen are using Firefox too? :confused:

Putting this out there in case they read this thread. I'll go find the thread that asks us to report that particular glitch.

Computers are fun. :D

If you are using Firefox I would recommend "NoScript". It is a Java blocker that you can easily customize to block or allow scripts to run from individual URL locations.

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟909,665.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Yeah, and also it helps to have a secondary firewall. I have my problems with I.E. but I Google Chrome is a lot worse in my book, and I refuse to use Fire Fox.

Just have a Firewall that was created by another company (aside from McAffee or Norton), and that should help cover some of the flaws.

Also it helps if you refrain from giving out your credit/debit card information online in the first place.

You can also get debit/credit cards that are specifically for online use and have some built in back end protections. A lot of credit unions are offering separate but linked accounts that you can transfer funds to while keeping the rest of your money safe. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Sunshine Locket

Apr 19, 2014
✟1,712.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Green
If you are using Firefox I would recommend "NoScript". It is a Java blocker that you can easily customize to block or allow scripts to run from individual URL locations.

Thank you. :)

Upvote 0