Preachers12

Unworthy
Nov 23, 2002
Visit site
✟1,211.00
Faith
Catholic
Brethren in Christ, God give you Peace.

I should be asleep, but something creeped me and I figured that sharing it might put it out of my head. I usually put things like this in my spiritual journal, but my laptop was more handy and I don't need to turn on a light!

I was in bed praying to Mary. I was asking her to pray for the sexual predator and killer of that nine year old girl. Specifically that he repent and seek forgiveness of his sins. Ultimately, that he be either converted into or reunited into the Body of Christ, which is His Church.

As I prayed, I felt a terrible presence and expected at any moment to feel someone (something) pounce upon me in bed. The sense was so strong that I had to open my eyes and turn my head (as I was on my stomach). I truly expected to see someone there. Watching and waiting. And HATING.

I finished my prayer, but the eyes were open. Then went another prayer to St. Michael.

It reminded me of some of the Saints, who were graced by God to know how greatly it agitated and harmed Satan when they prayed for the conversion of sinners. But I am no Saint. How great their faith must have been (still is)!

Let us take great joy in praying for everyone, especially those who most need our prayers.

Off to bed now...again. Happy Easter to all! What a joyous day!

God Bless,
P12

thereselittleflower

Nov 9, 2003
✟50,355.00
Faith
Catholic
You are engaging in spiritual warefare through the assistance of our Holy Mother . . . The malice of satain is real . .

Yes, when you are engaged in spiritual warefare, such experiences can happen . . This is because God is allowing you to be aware of the reality of the malice the enemy feels towards Him, His Mother, and us. .

Remember, God put PERSONAL enmity between THE WOMAN and the serpent in the garden . . . I think the enemy must hate nothing more than her prayers and intervention . . .And God has given you a taste of this . . . it is a revelation and a testsing . . Remember, perfect love casts out all fear . .

You praying the St Michael prayer was a very good choice . .

Something I have done when I feel the presence of something from the enemy that begins to cause any fear is to sing out loud the Chaplet of Divine Mercy . . one night it wasn't until I was singing in full voice that the "presence" disappeared not to return.

One thing that is very different as a Catholic is that we do not do spiritual warefare alone . . . Our Blessed Mother is there to give it to and ask her intercession. And this is so tremendous. :)

Christ is risen from the dead, conquering death by death, and upon those in the tomb restoring life. (Tropar of the Resurrection of Christ)

Upvote 0

Epiphanygirl

Don't De-Rock Me
Oct 6, 2004
Behind you :)
✟11,873.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
One thing that is very different as a Catholic is that we do not do spiritual warefare alone . . . Our Blessed Mother is there to give it to and ask her intercession. And this is so tremendous. :)
How blessed we are to recognize the gift that the Lord has given to us( His whole family) We not only have the fullness of the faith, but we have the fullness of His gifts that He offers to us all!!!!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.