Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Is it any wonder why the Apostle said, 'love not the world'? How did it go, ', , for everything in the world, the lust of the eye, the lust of the flesh and the pride of life' I suppose are lumped together with 'the call of the Gospel is just too hard and too dreary' by all those who struggle with their own Christian confidence.

These need to go back and do the first works to adjust to the "light burden" life of Christ, enjoying "righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost."

THAT, is a struggle worth contending for! Hallelujah!

Reactions: quietbloke
Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟988,659.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
'It is all very Well to sing of green pastures and still waters, and to rejoice in the blessings, the consolations, the tranquillities, the raptures of Christian experience, and to rejoice in the thought of the many mercies for body and soul which come to men through faith. That is all true and all blessed, but it is only one side of the truth. And unless we have apprehended, and have ¥educed to practice and experience the other side of the Christian life, which makes it a toil and a pain to the lower self, and a continual resistance, I venture to say that we have no right to the soothing and sweet and tender side of it; and have need to ask ourselves whether we know anything about Christianity at all. It is not given to us merely - it is not given to us chiefly - to secure those great and precious things which it does secure, but it is given to us in order that, enriched and steadied and strengthened by the possession of them. we should be the better fit for the conflict, just as a wise commander will see that his soldiers are well fed before he flings them into the battle.' - MacLaren

Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟988,659.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
For the longest time, whenever I heard that phrase, 'Taking the Gospel to all the world', my mind's reaction confined this strictly to the mission field. Forgive me, for which portion of God's will within the Church 'isn't' meant to be included in 'The good news'?

And vis-versa!

Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟988,659.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Because the cross is sharp and afflicting, our Lord animates his followers to bear it by the thought of its great and everlasting rewards. - Pulpit Commentary

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums