Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
We all, no matter what stage of development we are, told to take on the full armor of God. One such is the armor of the Gospel, either with the preparation or full power from on high,

"And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace"

Ephesians 6:15​

My, what a joy it is to lead someone to Christ! Even more so knowing this joy is shared in heaven and furthermore shared with others when they too win another soul.

What an amazement it is to see when among us, the unflinched resolve of a brother who comes to Church with a battered face saying, was due to sharing the Gospel. The interesting thing there is, there is no limit that makes our suffering incorrect for the Gospel’s sake, it is all commendable before God, yet He knows our limits to do so.

"Men that have hazarded their lives for the name of our Lord Jesus Christ"

(Acts 15:26)​

Another hazard is of a deeper sort. What Jesus referred to as the clean house formerly troubled by being associated with demonic activity.

“When an impure spirit comes out of a person, it goes through arid places seeking rest and does not find it. Then it says, ‘I will return to the house I left.’ When it arrives, it finds the house swept clean and put in order. Then it goes and takes seven other spirits more wicked than itself, and they go in and live there. And the final condition of that person is worse than the first.”

(Luke 11:24-26)​

This is where I wish all those naysayers concerning the Baptism with the Holy Spirit would come down from the lofty ideal to understand the importance of not only claiming sinners but pray for filling them too.

Got a hazard that may apply here? Please, do share.

Last edited:

Elixir

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2019
Mississippi
✟14,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
We all, no matter what stage of development we are, told to take on the full armor of God. One such is the armor of the Gospel, either with the preparation or full power from on high,

"And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace"

Ephesians 6:15​

My, what a joy it is to lead someone to Christ! Even more so knowing this joy is shared in heaven and furthermore shared with others when they too win another soul.

What an amazement it is to see when among us, the unflinched resolve of a brother who comes to Church with a battered face saying, was due to sharing the Gospel. The interesting thing there is, there is no limit that makes our suffering incorrect for the Gospel’s sake, it is all commendable before God, yet He knows our limits to do so.

"Men that have hazarded their lives for the name of our Lord Jesus Christ"

(Acts 15:26)​

Another hazard is of a deeper sort. What Jesus referred to as the clean house formerly troubled by being associated with demonic activity.

“When an impure spirit comes out of a person, it goes through arid places seeking rest and does not find it. Then it says, ‘I will return to the house I left.’ When it arrives, it finds the house swept clean and put in order. Then it goes and takes seven other spirits more wicked than itself, and they go in and live there. And the final condition of that person is worse than the first.”

(Luke 11:24-26)​

This is where I wish all those naysayers concerning the Baptism with the Holy Spirit would come from the lofty ideal to understand the importance of not only claiming sinners but pray for filling them too.

Got a hazard that may apply here? Please, do share.

Amen! I especially like Luke 11:24-26, it's been one of the more difficult sayings for me to understand. I feel this is something that can happen even to Christians if we're not careful to guard our hearts.

I think three times I've had come to come back to Jesus, each time feeling that I had neglected Him due to other priorities in life being higher (i.e. idolatry) or worshiped a distorted version of Him through extra-biblical perspectives. The hazard here isn't necessarily the risk of not being Christian when one thinks oneself to be so - that just causes undue anxiety; salvation will work itself out in due time in faith (especially considering we have the handy Nicene Creed Statement of Faith to rely on too :D !) - but how insidious it is, years even, falling away from the faith as in the parable of the four soils, when He wasn't the cornerstone of my religion, my walk with God, my life. Though, it has worked itself out and I am solid in the faith now :) .

Perhaps though also a part of the hazard is the opportunity cost of time spent spinning one's wheels in the mud per-se. It's been tricky learning to do both religion and life at the same time in harmony, not living a life with spiritual purpose or being steeped in religion to the point of missing out on life, taking every opportunity I can with the valuable and limited time I'm given to the service of others (e.g. planting seeds here and there any way I can that may as the yeast in the parables does spread the Kingdom of God, even if I can't do it / don't have the courage to by sharing faith but only by example).

Also, as of recent I've been getting better at recognizing mis- information now more readily by reasoning through it (especially after trying to get away from "New Age" religion before and then only stumbling across it's ideology and propaganda again and again under many different names and headings), and I am finding myself completely satisfied with scripture as being inerrant and in complete harmony. And, I feel a sense of peace despite what I can only describe as the inherent stress of being alive in a mortal body that's constantly stressed by the force of gravity (the absence of which results in withering of the body).

But still, as a Christian now solid in my faith and thriving on solid foods of scripture rather than milk, I think with that has come a new confidence and personal power of some kind that requires its own set of responsibilities and hazards. The very next hazard I'm facing now with this sense of personal power I have from that is inflated ego and backsliding into sin because of a "devil-may-care" attitude (Luke 11:24-26 would apply here). Even a small sin done willfully or on a whim like being angry at someone without cause convicts me like hell now, and I feel the added intent is real added power in spiritual warfare - it causes things to happen differently and have more effect.

Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
✟775,045.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Another devastating hazard is favouritism. It is something very easy to slip into and very hard to avoid. Paul instructed us to show impartiality. In 1 Timothy 5:21 he states “In the presence of God and of Christ Jesus and of the elect angels, I warn you to keep these instructions without prejudice, doing nothing on the basis of partiality”.

It is part of our flawed human nature to spend our time with those who have the most to offer us. Rich, powerful and influential people are always highlighted in the media as examples we should follow if we want to be happy and prosperous.

However, it was a small boy whose measly five barley loaves and two fish Jesus used to feed five thousand people.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟985,251.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Amen! I especially like Luke 11:24-26, it's been one of the more difficult sayings for me to understand. I feel this is something that can happen even to Christians if we're not careful to guard our hearts.

I think three times I've had come to come back to Jesus, each time feeling that I had neglected Him due to other priorities in life being higher (i.e. idolatry) or worshiped a distorted version of Him through extra-biblical perspectives. The hazard here isn't necessarily the risk of not being Christian when one thinks oneself to be so - that just causes undue anxiety; salvation will work itself out in due time in faith (especially considering we have the handy Nicene Creed Statement of Faith to rely on too :D !) - but how insidious it is, years even, falling away from the faith as in the parable of the four soils, when He wasn't the cornerstone of my religion, my walk with God, my life. Though, it has worked itself out and I am solid in the faith now :) .

Perhaps though also a part of the hazard is the opportunity cost of time spent spinning one's wheels in the mud per-se. It's been tricky learning to do both religion and life at the same time in harmony, not living a life with spiritual purpose or being steeped in religion to the point of missing out on life, taking every opportunity I can with the valuable and limited time I'm given to the service of others (e.g. planting seeds here and there any way I can that may as the yeast in the parables does spread the Kingdom of God, even if I can't do it / don't have the courage to by sharing faith but only by example).

Also, as of recent I've been getting better at recognizing mis- information now more readily by reasoning through it (especially after trying to get away from "New Age" religion before and then only stumbling across it's ideology and propaganda again and again under many different names and headings), and I am finding myself completely satisfied with scripture as being inerrant and in complete harmony. And, I feel a sense of peace despite what I can only describe as the inherent stress of being alive in a mortal body that's constantly stressed by the force of gravity (the absence of which results in withering of the body).

But still, as a Christian now solid in my faith and thriving on solid foods of scripture rather than milk, I think with that has come a new confidence and personal power of some kind that requires its own set of responsibilities and hazards. The very next hazard I'm facing now with this sense of personal power I have from that is inflated ego and backsliding into sin because of a "devil-may-care" attitude (Luke 11:24-26 would apply here). Even a small sin done willfully or on a whim like being angry at someone without cause convicts me like hell now, and I feel the added intent is real added power in spiritual warfare - it causes things to happen differently and have more effect.
Hey, thank you for that evident candor you supplied. I’m sure you are aware our working salvation out “with fear and trembling” isn’t foreign to a distinct need for His peace. It’s a narrow road to maturity and your closing comment is encouraging to see His power is on target! Grant your work of increasing grace now if at all possible Lord!

Upvote 0

Elixir

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2019
Mississippi
✟14,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hey, thank you for that evident candor you supplied. I’m sure you are aware our working salvation out “with fear and trembling” isn’t foreign to a distinct need for His peace. It’s a narrow road to maturity and your closing comment is encouraging to see His power is on target! Grant your work of increasing grace now if at all possible Lord!

Amen brother, and thanks for noticing my candor :D ! If there ever was something opposite of a hazard that's kept me steadfast in the pursuit of the spirit of truth, it's been honesty. It's been about the most important thing too when having and breaking down genuine doubts in faith and in the process of doing so learning and growing in faith, hope, and love (and hopefully wisdom too!)! It's really freeing too as though one were as light as a feather!

One of the main things I've noted about spiritual maturity so far is the fruit of the spirit developing!

2019-08-14 09_34_08-Logos Bible Software - KJV DBY NIV NASB95 Analysis.png

New American Standard Bible: 1995 update. (1995). (Ga 5:12–25). La Habra, CA: The Lockman Foundation. (Screenshot in Logos Bible Software)

I think though a stumbling block in the way of the fruit of the spirit developing, something that chokes away at it like thorns, is grumbling and complaining and bickering about anything negative and the bad and the otherwise fallen state of the world and letting it get to us. That just lets the same mindset take root in us. Yes though indeed, a defining feature of spiritual maturity at the same time is to be as wise as serpents but harmless as doves, discerning what is good and what is bad with the mind of Christ, knowing how to respond in His wisdom and reason but with His love too.

Edit: I wanted to reply that the fear of the Lord is wonderful! A huge part of that respect too is growing to appreciate His power and taking comfort as one of His children. I can only imagine one day then, after having lived a good life in service to His Glory, finally being in His presence and basking in the awesome power of His Love.

God Bless!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Elixir

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2019
Mississippi
✟14,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Forgive when we neglect the Word of God. May we feed daily on it!

Amen! This is something I should probably do every morning so I don't end up getting too busy then exhausted by the end of the day to read and absorb it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Amen! This is something I should probably do every morning so I don't end up getting too busy then exhausted by the end of the day to read and absorb it.
We all fall short. Help us Lord!

Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟985,251.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I do all things for the sake of the gospel, ,
, , all things to all, ,
, , that I might by all means save some

(1 Corinthians 9:23, 22)​

Anyone else catch the glory that worked in that brother in what must have been steadfast and oh-so bold?

Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟985,251.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Another Gospel hazard is to stay up too late or to get up too early!
Absolutely! Just as he followed Christ when and if there be suffering for the Gospel,
2 Corinthians 11:23-28

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟985,251.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Make my life another one, told of the Gospel and my mouth bold for the Gospel Lord Jesus! All by the power of your Spirit coupled with our undying love for you! Hallelujah!

Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟985,251.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Goats that stand in opposition before the Lord will expend his hate against the sower of the Gospel a thousand different ways, but it’s no use, God’s word is not bound and will be preached throughout the world regardless,

This is my gospel, for which I am suffering even to the point of being chained like a criminal. But God’s word is not chained. Therefore, I endure everything for the sake of the elect, that they too may obtain the salvation that is in Christ Jesus, with eternal glory.

2 Timothy 2:8-10​

Can't they get a clue of the resounding centuries-old success?

Upvote 0