United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
appropriate decorum:

What an interesting world when brushing past a politician is a moral equivalent to saying they tried to murder you.

• Agree
Reactions: Erik Nelson
Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟909,665.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
"I am happy to work with Republicans on this issue where there’s common ground, but you almost had me murdered 3 weeks ago so you can sit this one out,” Ocasio-Cortez tweeted in response. “Happy to work w/ almost any other GOP that aren’t trying to get me killed. In the meantime if you want to help, you can resign.
I posted my concerns about the statements of Ocasio Cortez several times she seems to be out of control. She has no concept of appropriate decorum.
GOP congressman demands Ocasio-Cortez apologize following Twitter exchange with Cruz

After watching the defense of both Cheney and Trump I'll give this one all the consideration it is due.
Oh noes... How horrible. No. Wait. Don't. Stop.

Upvote 0

driewerf

a day at the Zoo
Mar 7, 2010
✟261,132.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
What an interesting world when brushing past a politician is a moral equivalent to saying they tried to murder you.
What an interesting world in which complaining about having its life threatened is a breach in decorum, but pushing aside a foreign PM while representing the nation isn't a big deal.

Ah -- I forgot, Saint Trump did, then it's OK.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Guinan

Dec 12, 2020
Texas
✟50,161.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

Guinan

Dec 12, 2020
Texas
✟50,161.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The irony of Trump loyalists acting like they're concerned with the appropriate decorum of politicians is off the charts. Unfortunately for them, they don't have a moral ground to stand on to pretend they're indignant about something a Democratic politician says or does. It would be laughable if it wasn't so lame and unconvincing. The truth is, no one outside of the Trump universe is taking them seriously.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟703,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What an interesting world in which complaining about having its life threatened is a breach in decorum, but pushing aside a foreign PM while representing the nation isn't a big deal.

Ah -- I forgot, Saint Trump did, then it' OK.

However - he never made a threat to her - he objected, as Democrats have numerous times, to a legal action. He did not say anything to her, directed no comment to her, made no verbal threat whatsoever. AOC made an unfounded accusation and should apologize.

The actions of one person, real or imagined, does not give excuse for what another person does.

Upvote 0

Erik Nelson

Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2017
Utah
✟347,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The irony of Trump loyalists acting like they're concerned with the appropriate decorum of politicians is off the charts. Unfortunately for them, they don't have a moral ground to stand on to pretend they're indignant about something a Democratic politician says or does. It would be laughable if it wasn't so lame and unconvincing. The truth is, no one outside of the Trump universe is taking them seriously.
The moral high-ground rests with opening the borders, to "import" tens of millions of Democratic votes, for Reparations ?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟556,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
AOC made an unfounded accusation and should apologize.
Why? Is it wrong to make unfounded accusations?

How about ones concerning the election?

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟703,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Why? Is it wrong to make unfounded accusations?

How about ones concerning the election?

Nope, evidently to one party in particular unfounded accusation are the new norm. Two in particular resulted in two years of investigation, 40,000,000, 40 special agents, 19 attorneys, 1,000,000 pages of evidence, thousands of subpoenas, interviews etc . Producing no proof of the unfounded accusation.

The other unfounded accusation ended with a purely partisan impeachment over a phone call where both parties of the phone call and the one fact witness saying the accusation did not happen.

How about those?

Upvote 0

Jimmy D

Dec 11, 2014
✟268,899.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
What she said seems perfectly appropriate. .

You think that a Congressperson falsely accusing another Congressperson of trying to have her murdered is nothing that deserves so much as an apology, huh?

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Yes, he apologized, and by the way Obama didn't lie and everyone who actually did a modicum of research knows this! I don't think AOC needs to apologize for telling the truth....
What "truth?" The accusation was without any proof.

• Winner
Reactions: hislegacy
Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟907,680.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"I am happy to work with Republicans on this issue where there’s common ground, but you almost had me murdered 3 weeks ago so you can sit this one out,” Ocasio-Cortez tweeted in response. “Happy to work w/ almost any other GOP that aren’t trying to get me killed. In the meantime if you want to help, you can resign.
I posted my concerns about the statements of Ocasio Cortez several times she seems to be out of control. She has no concept of appropriate decorum.
GOP congressman demands Ocasio-Cortez apologize following Twitter exchange with Cruz
She has been traumatized and has lost confidence that she is safe in her own chambers. This is even sadder in my opinion. The GOP for the most part are still silent.

Upvote 0