Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
"I am happy to work with Republicans on this issue where there’s common ground, but you almost had me murdered 3 weeks ago so you can sit this one out,” Ocasio-Cortez tweeted in response. “Happy to work w/ almost any other GOP that aren’t trying to get me killed. In the meantime if you want to help, you can resign.
I posted my concerns about the statements of Ocasio Cortez several times she seems to be out of control. She has no concept of appropriate decorum.
GOP congressman demands Ocasio-Cortez apologize following Twitter exchange with Cruz

• Informative
Reactions: Danthemailman

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,979.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
"I am happy to work with Republicans on this issue where there’s common ground, but you almost had me murdered 3 weeks ago so you can sit this one out,” Ocasio-Cortez tweeted in response. “Happy to work w/ almost any other GOP that aren’t trying to get me killed. In the meantime if you want to help, you can resign.
I posted my concerns about the statements of Ocasio Cortez several times she seems to be out of control. She has no concept of appropriate decorum.
GOP congressman demands Ocasio-Cortez apologize following Twitter exchange with Cruz
What she said seems perfectly appropriate. Decorum in American politics has been dead for a long while.

I would not my breath for an apology. It’s not needed.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What she said seems perfectly appropriate. Decorum in American politics has been dead for a long while.

I would not my breath for an apology. It’s not needed.
We have not yet reached to level of the UK where they have fist fights.

• Informative
Reactions: Halbhh
Upvote 0

SigurdReginson

Aug 4, 2020
PNW
✟45,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I think she's referring to when those rioters stormed capital hill, looted Pelosi's computer among other things there, and were chanting to have Mike pence hung.

From the same article...

"Cruz and Sen. Josh Hawley (Mo.) were among several Republicans in the Senate who led an effort to object to the 2020 election results when Congress convened to certify President Biden's win. Critics of the lawmakers' actions argue that their effort was one of the factors that led to the Capitol riot that ensued the same day."

And...

"At least one participant in the deadly Jan. 6 insurrection at the U.S. Capitol reportedly made violent threats against Ocasio-Cortez specifically."

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,979.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
We have not yet reached to level of the UK where they have fist fights.
Not since 1931 if I remember correctly.

Fist fights in American politics seems far more common from my cursory look on the Googles.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,475,621.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Oh, yeah, like the self-control of Republican Congressman Joe Williams showed to President Obama.

OBAMA YOU LIE - YouTube

Upvote 0

Bumble Bee

Disciplemaker
Nov 2, 2007
Held together by Jesus and coffee
✟698,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It was entirely inappropriate. It was a group of rioters that were making threats and stormed the capitol. Her tweet was addressed to the Republican Party as a whole.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I think she's referring to when those rioters stormed capital hill, looted Pelosi's computer among other things there, and were chanting to have Mike pence hung.

From the same article...

"Cruz and Sen. Josh Hawley (Mo.) were among several Republicans in the Senate who led an effort to object to the 2020 election results when Congress convened to certify President Biden's win. Critics of the lawmakers' actions argue that their effort was one of the factors that led to the Capitol riot that ensued the same day."

And...

"At least one participant in the deadly Jan. 6 insurrection at the U.S. Capitol reportedly made violent threats against Ocasio-Cortez specifically."
All that is true but when did Cruz tell anyone to kill her? Her statement is an overreach at best.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,156.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

From the same article...

And...

Senators have the right to object to the process, Democrats have done so a number of times.

She was being accusatory and out of line. There are established norms for decorum, go outside them, you should have the honesty to apologize, if not then be censured.

Upvote 0

driewerf

a day at the Zoo
Mar 7, 2010
✟260,656.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
appropriate decorum:

Upvote 0

SigurdReginson

Aug 4, 2020
PNW
✟45,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
It was entirely inappropriate. It was a group of rioters that were making threats and stormed the capitol. Her tweet was addressed to the Republican Party as a whole.

Was it? It looked to me like she was addressing Cruz specifically when she said "You can sit this one out."

Where was she addressing this to all republicans?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yes, pushing the PM of a foreign nation aside makes the US great again.
Really, if that's the idea of greatness you Trumpists have...:(
No need for me to ask you if you recognize a joke when you see one.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Sure, she can apologize right after members like Cruz and Hawley apologize for spreading the lies about the election that led to the attack on the Capitol that put her and all of their colleagues lives in danger. Or maybe after Donald Trump apologizes for his incessant lying about the election and riling up the crowd just before the attack.

Upvote 0

The IbanezerScrooge

I can't believe what I'm hearing...
Sep 1, 2015
Florida
✟243,986.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0

Jamsie

Site Supporter
Aug 2, 2017
Vermont
✟326,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
He apologized for that outburst, and by the way he was right Obama did lie and everyone knew it.

Yes, he apologized, and by the way Obama didn't lie and everyone who actually did a modicum of research knows this! I don't think AOC needs to apologize for telling the truth....

Upvote 0