Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Let's suppose for a minute that crackpot like this is true - that Google devices are not programmed to recognize Jesus.

If so, what of it? If Christianity is the true way, and Jesus is the true God (and note that I'm not disputing either of these), then why would it need to be acknowledged by Google? Isn't God and Christianity so much bigger than Google and its "smart" devices?

I guess I don't understand this need to "defend" Christianity, as though it's so weak that a lack of acknowledgment from Google, or the United States government, or American public schools, will cause it to fade out of existence. Christianity has existed for 2,000 years. It has survived true systematic state persecution. It has survived attempts to suppress it to the point where ownership of a Bible is illegal. If it can survive all of that, it can survive not being acknowledged by Google.
Ringo

Upvote 0

Yekcidmij

Presbyterian, Polymath
Feb 18, 2002
East Coast
✟232,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If so, what of it?

It's probably click bait.

Technology companies are becoming politicized, so people are clicking on shock-based titled articles about them. "Google denies Jesus" (or some similar title) is targeted at a particular set of readers who the authors know will be angry enough to click it when they see it. It drives traffic to their sites which drives advertisement and revenue. It's a vicious cycle of anger feeding on itself.

I'm with you though and take a "who cares" attitude about this sort of stuff and recommend everyone else do the same.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Ringo84
Upvote 0