Good christian science fiction or fantasy story?

Robert_Barnes

Mar 26, 2006
✟7,793.00
Faith
Lutheran
Thanks. But I like something that is like wheel of time, but that is more christian-based and related. Wheel of time is too near the dark sides for me. I prefer a more harmless, christian-centred fantasy novels, which had a hero, an adventure and many books, along with complex story lines. But it is, otherwise, quite clean.

:)
Check out the work of Lars Walker, who is a Christian.

Tad Williams' stuff is also very good; I doubt he's a Christian, but there isn't a lot of sex stuff in his work, as I recall.

Upvote 0

Robert_Barnes

Mar 26, 2006
✟7,793.00
Faith
Lutheran
I had read on "Plugged-in Online" that "Children of Men" is decidedly not "christian". The review can be found on their site. Let me know what you think.
The book itself has many Christian themes; the movie co-opted the themes but is (as I understand it) a FAR cry from the book.

Upvote 0

Eskarina

Apr 9, 2005
Canada
✟17,724.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Upvote 0

BookwormPrincess

Quietly trusting in God's goodness and love
Jul 9, 2006
✟8,031.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
You haven't lived until you've read 'Til We have Faces' by C.S. Lewis. It's really a masterpiece of fantasy and, incidentally, Lewis' favorite among all his works.
Oooh, that sounds interesting! Must put it on my book list. (Hi gracepaints, have met you in another forum :wave: )

Frank Peretti is an excellent Christian authour, I'm not sure if his books class as fantasy though.

Upvote 0

David Brider

Aug 18, 2004
With the Lord
✟81,010.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Greens
A book I read ages ago - I don't know how easy it would be to track down now - was Pennterra, by an author called Judith Moffett (more info here). No idea if Judith's a Christian or not, but the story is about a group of Quakers colonising another planet. I read it before I became a Christian, but found what it had to say about Quaker beliefs interesting and attractive (to the extent that I considered becoming a Quaker on the strength of it).

David.

Upvote 0

Doubtless

my life is entr'acte...
Feb 21, 2007
Ask me again in twenty minutes.
✟8,066.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Earthensong: The Augur Sagas: The Prophet's Key is going to be awesome when it comes out. It's projected to come out late-fall, early-winter, late-winter. lol. :p

Check out the Prologue on Blanchweald Press' website, at

http://www.geocities.com/blanchwealdpress/index.html

Just click the link to "Excerpt from The Prophet's Key."

Oh, by the way, I'm the author, and the publisher.:p ^_^ :cool:

~ Eric M. Boellner

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums