good bye again

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProCommunioneFacior

I'm an ultra-traditionalist, run for your life ;)
Oct 30, 2003
Mesa, Arizona
Visit site
✟21,647.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
lonnienord said:
can i politely disagree? if i can baptise i think in case of extreme danger i can give absolution and the sacrament of healing and of course the eucharist.

but i know you all will have to have the last word. so i will shut up and let you have your last word. i really am hoping to meet you all in heaven and reopen this discussion with some authorities there like Peter and John Paul the great!!

course we might all be to busy enjoying being there with GOD and all our loved ones and all the saints wow what a glorious day that will be!!

We already know what Peter and John Paul the Great have to say about it, they say what the Church teaches which you obstinately oppose.

Upvote 0

lonnienord

Keep Praying!!
Jan 13, 2005
Lorain, Ohio about 30 miles west of Cleveland on L
Visit site
✟39,601.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
proud2bcatholic said:
Lonnie,

Seriously you need to learn what the Church teaches, for nobody who knows what the Church teaches would compare the discipline of fasting from meat on Fridays (which by the way fasting on Friday's has not changed) to the SACRAMENTS.
are you sure i understood that we must do some pennance on Fri but it doesn't have to be fasting except during lent.

Upvote 0

nyj

Goodbye, my puppy
Feb 5, 2002
USA
Visit site
✟39,238.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
lonnienord said:
can i politely disagree? if i can baptise i think in case of extreme danger i can give absolution and the sacrament of healing and of course the eucharist.

No, you cannot. The Church has definitively decreed against this line of thought. It's not that we wish to have the final word ... the Church has already spoken on this issue. Getting in a final word is a moot point, as the final word was rendered centuries ago on these issues.

Upvote 0

Carrye

Weisenheimer
Aug 30, 2003
✟29,202.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
lonnienord said:

Any human can baptize in danger of death.

As to the rest Lonnie, you are simply wrong. To say such, and to promote this belief is misleading and scandalous. It is not Catholic.

[BIBLE]Mark 9:42[/BIBLE]

Upvote 0

ProCommunioneFacior

Oct 30, 2003
Mesa, Arizona
Visit site
✟21,647.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
lonnienord said:
are you sure i understood that we must do some pennance on Fri but it doesn't have to be fasting except during lent.

I understood that, but it is irrelevant, if the Church abolished all forms of penance on Friday, it should not be compared to doctrines for it is a discipline!

Upvote 0

NewMan99

New CF: More Political, Less Charity, No Unity
Mar 20, 2005
Earth
✟18,235.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Lonnie,

Peter - not me - has spoken...the matter is settled...at least it is settled for those of us who are OBEDIENT to the Church. Please repent. Frankly I think you still have many vestiges of your former Protestantism remaining inside you (not at all uncommon in one degree or another for us converts).

Upvote 0

Skripper

Legend
Jul 22, 2003
Michigan
Visit site
✟30,691.00
Faith
Catholic
vrunca said:
Lonnie, I just have to say that I understand where you are coming from. I am afraid to say more than that, because I come and go in CF, because of the same circumstances. I guess I get fed up and I am trying to just learn to pray for those who pick and choose what can be talked about and what can't. I am just coming back from taking about a year off from CF and I have not run across any problems yet with myself, but I will say that I understand. It's hard to forgive those who wrong us, but we are called to do just that. I hope you do change your mind though!
vrunca said:
God Bless!!

Vrunca,

With all due respect, one of the functions of moderating this forum is, precisely, to determine what can and cannot be discussed. Sometimes it’s a fine line, sometimes not. Sometimes it’s difficult to determine, sometimes not. So while we do appreciate your prayers, it is actually the function of moderators to actually moderate the discussions, which not only at times encompasses trying, as best we can, to determine “what” can be discussed, but also “how” a thing can be discussed. Moreover, Lonnie has not been “wronged” here, either by staff or anyone else. In fact, a tremendous amount of leeway was given, and is still being given.

Upvote 0

scraparcs

aka Mayor McCheese
Mar 4, 2002
Massachusetts
✟91,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Carrye said:
Any human can baptize in danger of death.

As to the rest Lonnie, you are simply wrong. To say such, and to promote this belief is misleading and scandalous. It is not Catholic.

[BIBLE]Mark 9:42[/BIBLE]

May I suggest we not tie a millstone around anyone's neck and toss them into a sea? :sorry: (Not that we would because I know we wouldn't, but I'm just sayin'.)

Actually, I might wonder why these beliefs are being promoted in order that we may discuss them, but if that is not permitted, I shall do my best to respect those rules (even if I disagree, and the Church doesn't seem to care if I disagree with CF rules! :p )

Upvote 0

ProCommunioneFacior

Oct 30, 2003
Mesa, Arizona
Visit site
✟21,647.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Lel said:
May I suggest we not tie a millstone around anyone's neck and toss them into a sea? :sorry: (Not that we would because I know we wouldn't, but I'm just sayin'.)

Actually, I might wonder why these beliefs are being promoted in order that we may discuss them, but if that is not permitted, I shall do my best to respect those rules (even if I disagree, and the Church doesn't seem to care if I disagree with CF rules! :p )

Nobody here would tie a millstone around somebody's neck, but Jesus was speaking of terms of the Judgement by God.

It is something that we should all keep in mind, so that we do not scandalize people.

Upvote 0

Carrye

Weisenheimer
Aug 30, 2003
✟29,202.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
proud2bcatholic said:
Nobody here would tie a millstone around somebody's neck, but Jesus was speaking of terms of the Judgement by God.

It is something that we should all keep in mind, so that we do not scandalize people.

Right. The scripture says that it'd be better to tie a millstone around our own neck than to cause one of the little ones to go astray.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ProCommunioneFacior

Oct 30, 2003
Mesa, Arizona
Visit site
✟21,647.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Carrye said:
Right. The scripture says that it'd be better to tie a millstone around our own neck than to cause one of the little ones to go astray.

I recall a story about Pope Pius X. Shortly after his death he appeared to a nun who spent much time with him during his life. In this appearance he was suffering much and told the nun that he would appreciate her prayers for he has to spend "10 minutes" in purgatory. The nun asked him why this was the case, he said "because a person saw me smoking a cigar (which is perfectly fine) and was scandalized and I have not yet made reparations for it."

I think I'm going to spend alot of time in purgatory, if I hopefully make it there.

Unless God starts sending me abundant sufferings.

Upvote 0

Carrye

Weisenheimer
Aug 30, 2003
✟29,202.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
proud2bcatholic said:
I recall a story about Pope Pius X. Shortly after his death he appeared to a nun who spent much time with him during his life. In this appearance he was suffering much and told the nun that he would appreciate her prayers for he has to spend "10 minutes" in purgatory. The nun asked him why this was the case, he said "because a person saw me smoking a cigar (which is perfectly fine) and was scandalized and I have not yet made reparations for it."

I hadn't heard that story, but I am quite aware of the reality. It is not something to be taken lightly.

Upvote 0

geocajun

Priest of the holy smackrament
Dec 25, 2002
✟35,477.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Lonnie, i'd rather you didn't go, but if you think thats best for you then I understand.
I think it would be far better that you stuck around and said "Speak Lord, your servant is listening" rather than what I think you've been saying which is "listen Lord, your servant is speaking".
As you requested, I will be praying for you. Please pray for me as well.
Peace

Upvote 0

Skripper

Legend
Jul 22, 2003
Michigan
Visit site
✟30,691.00
Faith
Catholic
geocajun said:
Lonnie, i'd rather you didn't go, but if you think thats best for you then I understand.
I think it would be far better that you stuck around and said "Speak Lord, your servant is listening" rather than what I think you've been saying which is "listen Lord, your servant is speaking".
As you requested, I will be praying for you. Please pray for me as well.
Peace

Dang rep feature! Oh well . . . :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ABlindManSees

I'll never go back, just call me zealous.
Dec 15, 2005
WV
✟15,581.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
lonnienord said:

I asked a Priest about this during RCIA, because I was confused about the Church's reasoning. We as laymen can baptize in the case of emergency, and baptism errases all sin up to that point, but we cannot offer one another absolution (actually I asked this question because Deacons can't do it, but they can baptize) After the priest explained it to me, it made complete sense.

For every sacrament there is the form, matter and whitness. In baptism, the matter is water, the Holy spirit is what gives the Grace through the matter. So, I'll simplify it by saying the Holy Spirit washes away your sin through the water, making John 3:5 true, (baptised with water and spirit).

With reconciliation, or extreme unction, the Priest is the matter, the Holy Spirit works through the Priest via his Holy Orders, the power has been instilled into the PRIEST to do these things, that is why we cannot give absolution. Jesus gave that rite to his Priests and it has been handed down through apostolic succession.

Since it isn't the people, but the water that does the forgiving of sins (water w/ Holy Spirit involved of course) we can in cases of emergency fullfill our own baptismal vows (priest prophet and king) and act as a priest would in applying this sacrament.

I'm sorry if my explanation is crude, that's the best way I know how to explain it. Maybe Newman can do a better job for me :)

Upvote 0

Debi1967

Proudly in love with Rushingwind62
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2003
Green Valley, Illinios
Visit site
✟71,555.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
NewMan99 said:
Lonnie, my brother in Christ, repent of your dissention. You know that the Church teaches something contrary to what you have asserted in the other thread (now closed). Rather than be obedient to the Church teaching you are rejecting it as if your own views are primary over and above that of Holy Mother Church.

Prayerfully,

NewMan
Oh Dear Lord

Please understand that sometimes lonnie we all think that we are better than the Church or that the Church is not right in some of the decisions that She makes for us but also understand this, it is not always for us to understand everything and when that time comes we must have Faith in the Holy Mother Church instead of Dissenting from Her ....

I pray for you and I Pray that you see this ....

As Always your Sister in Christ
Debi

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟442,598.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Let us all step back...and really look in ourselves, and then to God.

If we have trouble with some issue, we need to meditate and pray. Then the answers shall come.

None are righteous..and this is why we ALL need the Church to help us.

Lonnie love, where is your Catholic icon? :(

I honestly dont know what happened, and its all ok, if we let it be.

HUGS and Peace to all.

Upvote 0

NewMan99

New CF: More Political, Less Charity, No Unity
Mar 20, 2005
Earth
✟18,235.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hi,

I'm sorry if my explanation is crude, that's the best way I know how to explain it. Maybe Newman can do a better job for me :)

Actually I think you did a good job of it. I would only add that in the case of Matrimony the priest acts as the witness. The Sacrament is actually given to each other (by the bride and groom) since THEY are the matter involved.

Nice job.

God's Peace,

NewMan

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.