Visit site
✟39,601.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
it is not good for me to post on obob so i won't. if you like my JESUS centered posts catch me in deeper fellowship. I am going to reopen GOD's pub and continue encouraging people to get closer to JESUS there i hope to see many of you there from time to time. May GOD bless each of you!!

lonnienord

Keep Praying!!
Jan 13, 2005
Lorain, Ohio about 30 miles west of Cleveland on L
Visit site
✟39,601.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Fr. Joseph's homily this morning was about obedience. i am not fighting a moderator; i am recognizing that when i post on Deeper Fellowship i post more positive posts on obob i feel drug down to the muck with some others (note i am not saying all or even some obobers are bad just that i tend to get into what seem like neg arguments on here that don't happen on DF). it is best for me and probably best for obob if i post exclusively in DF

Reactions: nyj
Upvote 0

scraparcs

aka Mayor McCheese
Mar 4, 2002
Massachusetts
✟91,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Lonnie, dear....

I know you have some different perspectives on things which might make things a bit difficult around these parts. But it seems like what is being done is that your friends are trying to draw you towards a fuller understanding of what is taught by the Church. I'm not here to say who's right and who's wrong, just that I hope that people are attempting to correct out of love. (And sometimes our human sides and tempers do flare, and it's hard to remember that we need to remain calm and collected in the heat of passion.)

One thing here is that you are great about reminding us of our need for devotion to Jesus! When I forget that it's all about Jesus, here comes Lonnie with a reminder! :)

If you need to step back and take some time away from OBOB to recharge, we'll miss you. (But don't stay away from the Pub! :( ) May Jesus be with you!

Upvote 0

NewMan99

New CF: More Political, Less Charity, No Unity
Mar 20, 2005
Earth
✟18,235.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Sorry to see you think I am in the muck. Lonnie...I do not question at all your love for God (for all I know it could be far deeper than mine). When you overtly dissent from the Magisterium of the Church - which you do - you are being disobedient and the mods and others here are right to point this out to you. I beg you to repent of this even if you may disagree with it...that is why they call it "obedience" instead of calling it "a coincidence that I happen to already agree with".

Prayerfully,

NewMan

Upvote 0

lonnienord

Keep Praying!!
Jan 13, 2005
Visit site
✟39,601.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
NewMan99 said:
Sorry to see you think I am in the muck. Lonnie...I do not question at all your love for God (for all I know it could be far deeper than mine). When you overtly dissent from the Magisterium of the Church - which you do - you are being disobedient and the mods and others here are right to point this out to you. I beg you to repent of this even if you may disagree with it...that is why they call it "obedience" instead of calling it "a coincidence that I happen to already agree with".

Prayerfully,

NewMan
i'm lost what exactly do i need to repent of??? i really don'tunderstand. Please pray for me!! i love JESUS but i get frustrated with some of HIS people; but i strongly believe that HE calls us to love our brothers and sisters.

Upvote 0

ProCommunioneFacior

I'm an ultra-traditionalist, run for your life ;)
Oct 30, 2003
Mesa, Arizona
Visit site
✟21,647.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
NewMan99 said:

Prayerfully,

NewMan

I would agree with this comment. Jesus is the Truth, if we do not seek the Truth, which the Church provides, then how can we know Jesus deeper.

Anyways, my prayers are with you Lonnie, please pray for me, also.

Don't be a stranger.

Upvote 0

vrunca

STRESSED spelled backwards is DESSERTS
May 1, 2004
North East Lower Michigan! Go Wings!!
✟4,908.00
Faith
Catholic
Lonnie, I just have to say that I understand where you are coming from. I am afraid to say more than that, because I come and go in CF, because of the same circumstances. I guess I get fed up and I am trying to just learn to pray for those who pick and choose what can be talked about and what can't. I am just coming back from taking about a year off from CF and I have not run across any problems yet with myself, but I will say that I understand. It's hard to forgive those who wrong us, but we are called to do just that. I hope you do change your mind though!

God Bless!!

Upvote 0

NewMan99

Mar 20, 2005
Earth
✟18,235.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Lonnie, my brother in Christ, repent of your dissention. You know that the Church teaches something contrary to what you have asserted in the other thread (now closed). Rather than be obedient to the Church teaching you are rejecting it as if your own views are primary over and above that of Holy Mother Church.

Prayerfully,

NewMan

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

nyj

Goodbye, my puppy
Feb 5, 2002
USA
Visit site
✟39,238.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
lonnienord said:
i'm lost what exactly do i need to repent of???

I'm going to assume it was unintentional, but your supposed rejection (by your words in another thread) of the Sacrament of Holy Orders is what I believe has everyone upset.

Upvote 0

NewMan99

Mar 20, 2005
Earth
✟18,235.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
With all due respect, vrunca, Lonnie was not "wronged." In fact he was given a great amount of rope. However I will agree with your warm sentiment to Lonnie and join you in your wishes that he return someday.

Upvote 0

lonnienord

Keep Praying!!
Jan 13, 2005
Visit site
✟39,601.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
NewMan99 said:
Lonnie, my brother in Christ, repent of your dissention. You know that the Church teaches something contrary to what you have asserted in the other thread (now closed). Rather than be obedient to the Church teaching you are rejecting it as if your own views are primary over and above that of Holy Mother Church.

Prayerfully,

NewMan
do you eat meat on Friday (probably not - it is an easy penence that i can remember but we both know that we can now) it used to be totally condemned by the church ~ things change. and maybe right now i am wrong but that may not always be the case. it really might be a both/and.

Upvote 0

ProCommunioneFacior

I'm an ultra-traditionalist, run for your life ;)
Oct 30, 2003
Mesa, Arizona
Visit site
✟21,647.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
lonnienord said:
do you eat meat on Friday (probably not - it is an easy penence that i can remember but we both know that we can now) it used to be totally condemned by the church ~ things change. and maybe right now i am wrong but that may not always be the case. it really might be a both/and.

Lonnie,

Seriously you need to learn what the Church teaches, for nobody who knows what the Church teaches would compare the discipline of fasting from meat on Fridays (which by the way fasting on Friday's has not changed) to the SACRAMENTS.

Upvote 0

nyj

Goodbye, my puppy
Feb 5, 2002
USA
Visit site
✟39,238.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
lonnienord said:

No, this cannot change. The Sacrament of Holy Orders is dogma. IOW, what has been taught has always been taught, and it can never change.

You are comparing disciplines to dogmas. You cannot do that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Carrye

Weisenheimer
Aug 30, 2003
✟29,202.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
lonnienord said:
it really might be a both/and.

It can't be both/and, Lonnie. You're comparing Sacred Tradition with the traditions and devotional practices of the Church - that's comparing apples and oranges.

And the simple fact of the matter is, the "I'm right" mentality is not Catholic. Catholics submit themselves, through humble obedience, to the teachings of Christ's Bride, the Church.

Upvote 0

NewMan99

Mar 20, 2005
Earth
✟18,235.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The eating meat of Friday thing was a Church discipline - not a doctrine. HUGE difference. Immutable Truth is unchangable. The Church teaching on the distinctions discussed in the other thread is a doctrinal teaching, not a devotional practice...hence it is Immutable Truth.

Upvote 0

lonnienord

Keep Praying!!
Jan 13, 2005
Visit site
✟39,601.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
NewMan99 said:
With all due respect, vrunca, Lonnie was not "wronged." In fact he was given a great amount of rope. However I will agree with your warm sentiment to Lonnie and join you in your wishes that he return someday.
nope i was only given enough rope to hang myself:D which i of course did!:(

Upvote 0

lonnienord

Keep Praying!!
Jan 13, 2005
Visit site
✟39,601.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
NewMan99 said:
The eating meat of Friday thing was a Church discipline - not a doctrine. HUGE difference. Immutable Truth is unchangable. The Church teaching on the distinctions discussed in the other thread is a doctrinal teaching, not a devotional practice...hence it is Immutable Truth.
can i politely disagree? if i can baptise i think in case of extreme danger i can give absolution and the sacrament of healing and of course the eucharist.

but i know you all will have to have the last word. so i will shut up and let you have your last word. i really am hoping to meet you all in heaven and reopen this discussion with some authorities there like Peter and John Paul the great!!

course we might all be to busy enjoying being there with GOD and all our loved ones and all the saints wow what a glorious day that will be!!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.