Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
yen said:
I'm not talking about that though.

Again though, that was something setup by the regimes themselves, and yes I believe it is wrong. I have yet to read anything regarding "true" communism as keeping people from religion though.

millions of Christians have died under communism persecution and I am gonna say that is was a great idea?

I don't think so, as far as I have heard Marx wasn't found of religion either.

Upvote 0

Force

GO NOLES!!!!!!! 16 58
Sep 23, 2002
In Vegas at the moment....
Visit site
✟8,888.00
Faith
Pentecostal
yen said:
I'm not talking about that though.
Of course your aren't you never show any side but one.

I was talking about it though...you stated...
yen said:
To blame communism is wrong, it's the dictators you want to blame and their corruption.

So I was just stating by your thinking Nazism shouldn't be blamed either.

The point of the article is, that many people were killed under Communist rule, or "in the name of their leaders" since you want it that way. Either way they should have a museum just like the Holocaust victims.

Upvote 0

yen

Sep 10, 2003
✟589.00
I don't see how. People keep blaming communism for killing, when it's just a simple theory of workers sharing the fruits of their labors. I have yet to read where communism says to kill kill kill. It's the dictators that cause it. Blame them. It's funny though, sometimes I think you try to do the same with skirting the issues. ;)

The dictators oppressed and killed because they didn't want people challenging their authority, or for other various reasons. People keep missing though that once a dictator in place, it is no longer pure communism. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

Godzman

Peace
Sep 8, 2003
Central Bible College
✟10,549.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
yen said:
I don't see how. People keep blaming communism for killing, when it's just a simple theory of workers sharing the fruits of their labors. I have yet to read where communism says to kill kill kill. It's the dictators that cause it. Blame them. It's funny though, sometimes I think you try to do the same with skirting the issues. ;)

The dictators oppressed and killed because they didn't want people challenging their authority, or for other various reasons. People keep missing though that once a dictator in place, it is no longer pure communism. :rolleyes:

we all know pure communism can't exist, so why not realize the dictators were communists, and killed people in the name of communism

Upvote 0

Force

GO NOLES!!!!!!! 16 58
Sep 23, 2002
Visit site
✟8,888.00
Faith
Pentecostal
yen said:
pure communism can't exist so why blame communism for killing people, when it doesn't exist? ;)
Why is it that only "evil dictators" rule in communist countries....have you seriously not thought it out?

Has their ever been a "good" communist leader? Or are we to just awknowledge that all the leaders have been bad oh but wait....the ideas good.

Give me a break.
rolleyes.gif

Upvote 0

yen

Sep 10, 2003
✟589.00
Seems like you have missed the point this time around. Communism itself isn't a bad idea, however, it can never truely exist because of the corruption of people. Even if you have a good person to lead the country for one generation and everything works according to theory, whose to say how the next person will be? All governments go corrupt at one point.

However, true communism has never existed as you can see from our discussion, so why do you keep blaming it for killing people? You need to blame the dictators themselves for masquerading around with communist ideals when it was truely a dictatorship. ;)

Upvote 0

Force

GO NOLES!!!!!!! 16 58
Sep 23, 2002
Visit site
✟8,888.00
Faith
Pentecostal
yen said:
Seems like you have missed the point this time around. Communism itself isn't a bad idea, however, it can never truely exist because of the corruption of people. Even if you have a good person to lead the country for one generation and everything works according to theory, whose to say how the next person will be? All governments go corrupt at one point.

However, true communism has never existed as you can see from our discussion, so why do you keep blaming it for killing people? You need to blame the dictators themselves for masquerading around with communist ideals when it was truely a dictatorship. ;)
Ok the fact is YOU have missed the point of the article. A museum should be established to remember the victims under horrible communist rule.

So your saying it shouldn't be the Holocaust Museum but rather renamed the Museum of people killed by Hitler.

Or the museum of people killed by Stalin, Kim Sung, Castro,Kim Jong-il, etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.

Do I have to keep going?
rolleyes.gif

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

yen

Sep 10, 2003
✟589.00
Nice try but honestly, makes no sense. The Holocaust was a tragic event in our past, one of the worst genocides in history. It however is not a theory of which to run a country, such as communism. There is a difference, I would think you'd know that.

A museum should be established to remember the victims under horrible communist rule.
It should be a museum to remember victims under the rule of corrupt dictatorships.

Upvote 0

-=Burnt Toast=-

Got Stairs?
Jul 25, 2003
A Cardboard Box
✟1,165.00
Faith
Christian
Well, this thread has certainly grown :)

Look, as has been said time and time again, there is a massive difference between a totalitarian dictatorship (Stalin, Hitler etc...) and Communism or any set OF IDEALS. This is all communism is - a set of ideals upon which some think the world should run.

One could argue, look at how many people the Capitalists have exploited, killed, etc etc... and then the christians, how many people has that religion killed in its time (not trying to start an arguement, just for debates sake, the number of wars faught over religion and the like is staggering)

Perhaps there should be museums for all types of political systems and the people they have killed?

Upvote 0

Godzman

Peace
Sep 8, 2003
Central Bible College
✟10,549.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
-=Burnt Toast=- said:
Well, this thread has certainly grown :)

Look, as has been said time and time again, there is a massive difference between a totalitarian dictatorship (Stalin, Hitler etc...) and Communism or any set OF IDEALS. This is all communism is - a set of ideals upon which some think the world should run.

One could argue, look at how many people the Capitalists have exploited, killed, etc etc... and then the christians, how many people has that religion killed in its time (not trying to start an arguement, just for debates sake, the number of wars faught over religion and the like is staggering)

Perhaps there should be museums for all types of political systems and the people they have killed?

well the problem is I will go to this again, Capitalists have not done the horrors like commies have.

Stalin and Mr. Mayonaze, killed millions more then hitler ever dreamed of killing. and capitalism hasn't caught up with that yet.

Upvote 0

-=Burnt Toast=-

Got Stairs?
Jul 25, 2003
A Cardboard Box
✟1,165.00
Faith
Christian
Indeed, there have been many contries in which many hundreds of thousands, and in some cases millions of people have been slaughtered, due to the "might" of other capitalist nations attempting to enforce their veiws upon other nations.

Communism has been rather successful in some places, we just have the wonderous media covereage that still portrays the old "Better dead than red" and "dirty pinko commie b.astards" etc etc veiws

EDIT: oh dear, they censored b.astards :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Godzman

Peace
Sep 8, 2003
Central Bible College
✟10,549.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
-=Burnt Toast=- said:
Indeed, there have been many contries in which many hundreds of thousands, and in some cases millions of people have been slaughtered, due to the "might" of other capitalist nations attempting to enforce their veiws upon other nations.

Communism has been rather successful in some places, we just have the wonderous media covereage that still portrays the old "Better dead than red" and "dirty pinko commie b.astards" etc etc veiws

EDIT: oh dear, they censored b.astards :rolleyes:

ok whatever, communism has failed and even china isn't striving for pure communism anymore

Upvote 0

-=Burnt Toast=-

Got Stairs?
Jul 25, 2003
A Cardboard Box
✟1,165.00
Faith
Christian
lol, yes Godzman, you will find that with such an agressive capitalist nation such as america, it is very difficult for other nations, such as china, to exist with a different govermental system. For instance this makes trade diffcult when you essentially have to places with totally different economic ideals.

Upvote 0