Site Supporter
Apr 13, 2004
New York City
✟53,643.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Democrat
I really am not reporting that I watch this stuff and I don't know if it is appropriate to talk about here...but here goes.

Literally one minute after I turned the show on with my kids (12 and 14), the actress Scarlett Johanson was being interviewed by some reporter name "Mizrahee". Her dress was quite revealing and she is very attractive. The reporter asked her if he could feel the dress supports for her breasts and without consent, starts feeling, copiously, her left breast- in full view of the camera.

My kids seemed unfazed and something the the eefect that the reporter was wierd.

I might just be more concerned about my kids' reaction but this seemed shocking to me on network television. Later, his fellow reporters said that he could get away with that stuff because he was "gay".

where is the :shaking head: smiley?:o

Protinus

...once more unto the breach dear friends
Site Supporter
Apr 13, 2004
New York City
✟53,643.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Democrat
Estefana said:
I didn't see anything wrong with it.....

I respect your opinion but do you have kids? It seems that shocking behavior is just that, "see if you can get away with it" mentality, seemingly escalating out of control. It was just so inappropriate and shocking to me...just MHO.

Upvote 0

Estefana

Nov 2, 2004
✟1,116.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
jplowe said:
I respect your opinion but do you have kids? It seems that shocking behavior is just that, "see if you can get away with it" mentality, seemingly escalating out of control. It was just so inappropriate and shocking to me...just MHO.

I have twin sisters who about to turn 5 and it doesn't bother me.

Upvote 0

Protinus

Site Supporter
Apr 13, 2004
New York City
✟53,643.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Democrat
It was truly shocking. I am in the medical field. I am an amateur artist who draws from live nude models weekly. I have taught my kids to have a healthy respect for the human body and to have confidence. Yes, it was still shocking.

Upvote 0

PetertheRock

Mar 25, 2005
Falmouth Maine
✟4,316.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Since you have immoral movies like Brokeback Mountain getting honored it's no wonder the immoral behavior would be promoted during the awards shows. I saw one of the comments about "America needs gay people." This kind of talk and behavior is celebrated but if you try to put the ten commandments up somewhere they want to take it down.

In an unrelated note, New Orleans mayor Nagan said that the hurricanes are God's punishment on America. While I agree with him that it could be a punishment from God I disagree with his reasoning...his reason why God is mad at American is because of the "unjust war in Iraq." The reason I believe God is mad at America is because we as a country, are celebrating immoral behavior and removing God from every aspect of society.

Reactions: WarriorAngel
Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟442,598.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
PetertheRock said:
Since you have immoral movies like Brokeback Mountain getting honored it's no wonder the immoral behavior would be promoted during the awards shows. I saw one of the comments about "America needs gay people." This kind of talk and behavior is celebrated but if you try to put the ten commandments up somewhere they want to take it down.

In an unrelated note, New Orleans mayor Nagan said that the hurricanes are God's punishment on America. While I agree with him that it could be a punishment from God I disagree with his reasoning...his reason why God is mad at American is because of the "unjust war in Iraq." The reason I believe God is mad at America is because we as a country, are celebrating immoral behavior and removing God from every aspect of society.

:thumbsup: :amen: I wouldnt watch it for that reason, and it just doesnt interest me what hollyweird does.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

geocajun

Priest of the holy smackrament
Dec 25, 2002
✟35,477.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Estefana said:
I didn't see anything wrong with it.....

You don't see anything wrong a man rubbing his hands all over an attractive womans breast on television? of course not, what could possibly be wrong with that. :doh:

Upvote 0

Estefana

Nov 2, 2004
✟1,116.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
geocajun said:
You don't see anything wrong a man rubbing his hands all over an attractive womans breast on television? of course not, what could possibly be wrong with that. :doh:

Because he was feeling the breast support on her dress? He was hardly fondelling her sexually.

Reactions: Rochir
Upvote 0

Estefana

Nov 2, 2004
✟1,116.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
PetertheRock said:

What the? Have you taken the time to see Brokeback? If you have, you would know that it is a wonderful and moving film that embraces love and tells a beautiful story. If you put aside the 'Oh it is just a silly gay cowboy movie' and give it a chance, it is fabulous.

Secondly, - I don't believe that God is punishing us with Hurricanes.

Upvote 0

ScottBot

Revolutionary
May 2, 2005
a state of desperation
✟57,712.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Estefana said:
What the? Have you taken the time to see Brokeback? If you have, you would know that it is a wonderful and moving film that embraces love and tells a beautiful story. If you put aside the 'Oh it is just a silly gay cowboy movie' and give it a chance, it is fabulous.

Not interested in the glorification of man love, thanks. That is the devils modus operandi, make what's wrong look right, and what's right look stupid.

Upvote 0

Protinus

Site Supporter
Apr 13, 2004
New York City
✟53,643.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Democrat
Scott_LaFrance said:
Not interested in the glorification of man love, thanks. That is the devils modus operandi, make what's wrong look right, and what's right look stupid.

Surely you must think that gay people should be ministered to and welcomed to the faith...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ScottBot

Revolutionary
May 2, 2005
a state of desperation
✟57,712.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
jplowe said:
Surely you must think that gay people should be ministered to and welcomed to the faith...
I never said that gay people don't need to be ministered to. But their lifestyle is considered an abomination by God, and I reject any notion that equivocates homosexual love with the type of love God ordains.

Upvote 0

AlaskaFan

Dec 23, 2005
✟3,982.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Homosexuality has nothing to do with love.

Estefana said:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.