• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Going to try this new recipe I ran across next Friday

Discussion in 'Cooking and Culinary Arts' started by Michie, Mar 5, 2021.

1. Michie

Michie Human rights begin in the womb. Supporter

+39,297
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    I’ll take pics after.

Seafood Casserole

Ingredients

• 1/2 pound sea scallops
      • 1 small onion, finely chopped
      • 1 celery rib, finely chopped
      • 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
      • 7 tablespoons all-purpose flour
      • 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
      • 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
      • 6 tablespoons sherry or apple juice
      • 3/4 teaspoon salt
      • 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
      • 1 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
      • 1 can (6 ounces) crab
      • 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, drained, rinsed, chopped and patted dry
      • 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
      • 1/2 cup sliced almonds
      • 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
      • Directions
        1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a Dutch oven, saute scallops, onion and celery in butter until scallops are firm and opaque. Stir in flour until blended. Add cream. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; add cheddar cheese, sherry, salt and cayenne, stirring until cheese is melted. Remove from heat; set aside.
        2. In a greased 11x7-in. baking dish, layer the shrimp, crab, artichokes and water chestnuts. Top with sauce. Sprinkle with almonds and Parmesan cheese.
        3. Bake, uncovered, 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Michie

+39,297
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    I think I may cut this casserole in half. After reading the comments it sounds like it’s huge!

Special Seafood Casserole

Any suggestions??

3. GOD Shines Forth!

GOD Shines Forth! Well-Known Member Supporter

+1,157
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    upload_2021-3-5_15-16-47.jpeg

yum!

4. Michie

+39,297
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. returntosender

returntosender EL ROI

+1,976
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    US-Others
    You know how I feel about a lot of ingredients which I never have but if I could this looks delicious. Let us know how it turns out:)

6. Michie

+39,297
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    Will do! :)

7. Shane R

Shane R Priest Supporter

+730
    United States
    Anglican
    Widowed
    Very decadent! I'm sure the flavor is extraordinary.

8. Michie

+39,297
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    The only reason I’m making it during Lent is for our parents. I cook a lot of things and give to them. They are getting where the fasting is not working for them. So we all feel better when I do something like this on occasion. That pork tenderloin I made a couple of Sundays ago, the majority went to them. So it’s a juggling act really. We are finding ourselves fasting more because of it. Not sure if you saw what we had today.

9. returntosender

returntosender EL ROI

+1,976
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    US-Others
    I got a kick out of your title. Seems like you might be clairvoyant, lol

10. Michie

+39,297
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    Looks like it’s going to be a bit later as I have things I need to do tomorrow. I’ll do something else even though I have all the ingredients lined up. Probably will be something simple. But when I make the casserole I’ll post pics. Hard to juggle everything.

11. returntosender

returntosender EL ROI

+1,976
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    US-Others
    Its okay michie, my post was a joke and you didn't get it, lol. I can wait, take your time.
    Will you be posting for ST. Patties day? I started a thread but only one posted as in your belief, he can't because no meat during lint.
    So it sounds like you all would never be able to participate in St patties day?

12. Michie

+39,297
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    No we can. That is just his personal discipline during Lent We’ve often gotten permission from our Bishops to celebrate the day.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2021
  13. returntosender

returntosender EL ROI

+1,976
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    US-Others
    Sorry about my spelling of lent. Whenever Michie, we can wait. You have your hands full, I am surprised you are still keeping you duties at CF, lol.
    Happy day!

14. Michie

+39,297
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    Lol! CF is my escape a lot of times. I think I’m just going to have salad and shrimp cocktail this evening.

15. returntosender

returntosender EL ROI

+1,976
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    US-Others
    Sounds good, rest up for the onslaught, lol.

16. Michie

+39,297
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    My husband is hounding me for it. I might break down a make it this weekend.

17. returntosender

returntosender EL ROI

+1,976
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    US-Others
    You spoil your husband. He should wait on you sometimes:)

18. Michie

+39,297
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    You know what they say about a nagging spouse! Lol! Not to mention the parents. ;)

19. Shane R

Shane R Priest Supporter

+730
    United States
    Anglican
    Widowed
    The writer of Proverbs returned to that topic several times: Proverbs 21:9, Proverbs 21:19, Proverbs 25:24, Proverbs 27:15-16

My grandfather has a couple of those verses memorized and occasionally mutters them in a very sage way.

20. Michie

+39,297
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    Well I made it. Looks different in the pic on the site. Probably the way it’s plated/arranged because you are supposed to layer the shrimp, etc. on the bottom. Too rich for me. I don’t like heavy foods. Everyone else really liked it though.

6D615CC8-1357-40E8-8C57-2653338FD96D.jpeg

Last edited: Mar 13, 2021