Going to holistic/Naturopath doctor....is it wrong?

Desk trauma

The pickles are up to something
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,202,766.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Tomk80

Titleless
Apr 27, 2004
Maastricht
Visit site
✟21,582.00
Faith
Agnostic
Yawn.
I'm more interested in finding cures to things.
Go study pharmocology and toxicology then. Or medicine, medicine is good. Love medicine.

Less interested in quibbling over so-called evidence.
You find whether something cures a person through evidence. How else are you going to find it?

IMO - you should read more of the Bible, argue less.
All that gun shooting.
Yawn.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,202,766.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
chillax dudes
this isnt ww3

Nope, just quackery.

If you care about curing people how about going into a field that actually does that rather then one based on 16th century notions about magic water?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Pastor J Dog

Sep 29, 2012
✟499.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Do us all a favour,
Report yourselves,
For being obnoxious.
Be a waste of time to do it myself.
EDIT: If you can't show decency for your fellow man,
Then you shouldn't be posting on Our boards.

EDIT:
IMO you should be suspended by now.
tone it down a bit pls

EDIT:
These boards are for Christians and other religions;
Priority for us. Know your place.
This is not flower hour, go and pick some one to bully hour.

Thank you.
Goodnight.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,202,766.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Do us all a favour,
Report yourselves,
For being obnoxious.
If you don't have time to make friends,
You're definitely in the wrong place.

EDIT:
tone it down a bit atheists

Do you plan to put something forward supporting your magic water or are you just going to play the victim from now on?

Upvote 0

TheyCallMeDave

At your service....
Jun 19, 2012
Northern Florida
✟11,541.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I am not feeling well and conventional doctors say nothing is wrong when I know something is. So, I made an appointment with a holistic doctor because they get to the root of the problem. Only thing is he uses Reiki, Kineisiology, energy healing, etc. I was raised that some of these rituals are satanic or witchcraft. Believe me, I am reluctant to go but I am sick of having this sickness that no one seems to know. I don't want it to worsen. I pray to God to heal me soon. I cry everyday because I am in pain and desperate. What are your views on these doctors? Is it okay to go? What would you do? Your views/ experiences?

You want to stay away from any semblence of the Occult, Karma-ism , middle eastern philosophies, and anything that sets itself up against the person of Christ in a dissending or demeaning way. So, whatever youre considering you need to ask if it goes against Gods character and nature or if it violates any scripture or concept that is Christian at its root.

That said, Native Indians have had great success with using the extract from certain plants and trees for medicinal purposes and have been doing so long before modern medicine became available. So you may want to look into these via a google, and consider implementing these into your diet as a supplement. I would also take a hard look at your normal diet and make sure you are getting all the proper nutrition in foods. Excersise is also an important factor in how we feel and helps in building a strong emotional and physical Body ; it also reduces the chance of acquiring many ailments and diseases especially cardio-vascular types. I would really focus heavily on excersise as part of your health regimine .

I wouldnt waste your time on things like magnetic bracelets , or necklaces, or any meditation that is foreign to Scripture . I would be in constant prayer with Christ asking him for his healing power and to perform an instant miracle if he so chooses in which you will give great glory to his name in return....and to use Godly wisdom in doing all you can to look after yourself.

You may want to try a distinctively Christian Medical Doctor who might be able to find out whats wrong with you, and who will pray with you for healing. God often works thru the Medical Community with advancements in medicine so its something we need to avail ourselves on.

I have a good friend who went to a Christian Hypnotist to break her cigarette smoking habit , and after praying with her and some hypnosis techniques....immediatly lost her desire to smoke and had an easy time staying off of cigarettes. So, i would not rule out Christian based Hypnosis either.

Keep us informed ok ?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Mr. Pedantic

Jul 13, 2011
Auckland
✟9,178.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Do us all a favour,
Report yourselves,
For being obnoxious.
EDIT: If you can't show decency for your fellow man,
Then you shouldn't be posting on Our boards.

EDIT:
tone it down a bit pls

EDIT:
These boards are for Christians and other religions;
Priority for us. Know your place.
This is not flower hour, go and pick some one to bully hour.

Thank you.
Goodnight.

So asking for evidence of efficacy for a claim that magic water can cure everything from warts to cancer is "not showing decency for our fellow man"? I would contend it's the other way round - by not demanding rigour, you're needlessly, callously, and cruelly killing people just to make yourself feel better about your ideology.

Also, note that these boards are for Christianity. If you want to make nutjob claims that have nothing to do with Christianity, they are held up to the same rigour as everything else.

Upvote 0

Pastor J Dog

Sep 29, 2012
✟499.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You want to stay away from any semblence of the Occult, Karma-ism , middle eastern philosophies, and anything that sets itself up against the person of Christ in a dissending or demeaning way. So, whatever youre considering you need to ask if it goes against Gods character and nature or if it violates any scripture or concept that is Christian at its root.

Raiki and Toa for instance.

That said, Native Indians have had great success with using the extract from certain plants and trees for medicinal purposes and have been doing so long before modern medicine became available. So you may want to look into these via a google, and consider implementing these into your diet as a supplement. I would also take a hard look at your normal diet and make sure you are getting all the proper nutrition in foods. Excersise is also an important factor in how we feel and helps in building a strong emotional and physical Body ; it also reduces the chance of acquiring many ailments and diseases especially cardio-vascular types. I would really focus heavily on excersise as part of your health regimine .

Quite difficult getting a hold of untampered seeds.

I wouldnt waste your time on things like magnetic bracelets , or necklaces, or any meditation that is foreign to Scripture . I would be in constant prayer with Christ asking him for his healing power and to perform an instant miracle if he so chooses in which you will give great glory to his name in return....and to use Godly wisdom in doing all you can to look after yourself.

Solid.

You may want to try a distinctively Christian Medical Doctor who might be able to find out whats wrong with you, and who will pray with you for healing. God often works thru the Medical Community with advancements in medicine so its something we need to avail ourselves on.

Gold.

I have a good friend who went to a Christian Hypnotist to break her cigarette smoking habit , and after praying with her and some hypnosis techniques....immediatly lost her desire to smoke and had an easy time staying off of cigarettes. So, i would not rule out Christian based Hypnosis either.

What about The Conscience?
The Holy Spirit?
And the Pearl of Great Price?

Upvote 0

Pastor J Dog

Sep 29, 2012
✟499.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So asking for evidence of efficacy for a claim that magic water can cure everything from warts to cancer is "not showing decency for our fellow man"? I would content it's the other way round - by not demanding rigour, you're needlessly, callously, and cruelly killing people just to make yourself feel better about your ideology.

Also, note that these boards are for Christianity. If you want to make nutjob claims that have nothing to do with Christianity, they are held up to the same rigour as everything else.

wha?

Upvote 0

Pastor J Dog

Sep 29, 2012
✟499.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
fluoride_brain_tenderizer_t_shirt-p235663220649501359qqvw_400.jpg

Upvote 0