JackB03

Mar 7, 2009
Rockwall, Tx
✟7,721.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you really believe your doomed? Do you 100% believe that? Or maybe 75%? How about 50%? Do you have any hope of being forgiven? If you answered "NO" to that last question, I will have to say you just lied. You have some hope inside of you or else you would not be on this forum expressing your feelings to everyone. That feeling of hope, is Jesus talking to you. I truly believe that. Im not sure if you expecting a actual feeling in your heart, but if so, your looking it at all wrong. Be forgiven or saved is not a feeling we get. Its understanding that Jesus died for our sins and paid the price. All He asks in return is that you repent, put your faith in Him and know the price He paid.

Hebrews 8:12:
For I will forgive their wickedness
and will remember their sins no more.

You are here searching for God. Right now when you log on to this forum.

Mathew 7:7:
“Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

I know you may know these scriptures, but put them into action. Believe in them. Have faith that Jesus is in your heart and has forgiven you.

Keep expressing what your feeling. God hears everything. Express every detail to Him.

God Bless,
Jack

Upvote 0

docpotter

Too blessed to be stressed
Jul 13, 2011
Pennsylvania
✟17,927.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The thief on the cross next to Jesus said " remember me when you go to your kingdom " Jesus said " today you will be with me in paradise " . This goes to show us that while we are alive, on earth , we have a chance to call out , from our heart of hearts , and Jesus can and will save us.

Stop condemning yourself, and if you want to be a Christian BE ONE !! : )

Upvote 0

Kelly441

May 20, 2011
✟15,728.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I don't believe it's that simple. We don't just put him off and decide we want to come to him when we want. The Father has to draw us, and we have to be called. When we are called and we truly believe, then the call is effectual and we are saved. If we are called and we don't truly believe, we fall away like in the parable of the sower of the seed. I can say I'm saved and go the rest of my life trying to be a good Zchristian, but if I don't have the Holy Spirit in me, I'll go to Hell anyway. That's how I read it in the scriptures. Maybe I am wrong

Upvote 0

docpotter

Jul 13, 2011
Pennsylvania
✟17,927.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
yeah I think your being a little hard on yourself personally . If you believe Jesus was what he said he was , the Son of God, and you have prayed and asked him to save you He would of heard , but then you need to change your ways . Repent simply means " to change your mind" . The thief on the cross was in his final moments and was saved. You are correct , it is not that simple for us that are not being crucified as we speak. But it truly is your choice to be a Christian , just pray : )

Upvote 0

docpotter

Jul 13, 2011
Pennsylvania
✟17,927.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Also . In the bible , God always uses people that have done very bad things like David, Solomon , and Paul to name a few. These men all committed terrible sins . Yet , they all realized that they had done wrong, and then became great people of God. These lessons are to show us that no one is worthy , and no one has lived a just life .

Upvote 0

Kelly441

May 20, 2011
✟15,728.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Also . In the bible , God always uses people that have done very bad things like David, Solomon , and Paul to name a few. These men all committed terrible sins . Yet , they all realized that they had done wrong, and then became great people of God. These lessons are to show us that no one is worthy , and no one has lived a just life .

Please, don't get me wrong I appreciate the encouragement, sometimes it's all I have to get me through the day.

Upvote 0

jennimatts

Blessed by God!
May 29, 2011
United States, Pacific Northwest
✟14,186.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I can say I'm saved and go the rest of my life trying to be a good Zchristian, but if I don't have the Holy Spirit in me, I'll go to Hell anyway.

It seems to me that to believe that Jesus is the Son of God, the Holy Spirit must first awaken our spirit to this knowledge. But I don't think salvation is dependent on recognizing the Holy Spirit in our heart.

There appears to be one example of believers not knowing of the Holy Spirit...

Acts 19:2 (NKJV)
...he said to them, “Did you receive the Holy Spirit when you believed?” So they said to him, “We have not so much as heard whether there is a Holy Spirit.”

There are also many scriptures about being saved that do not mention the Holy Spirit.

John 3:17-18 (NKJV)
For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved. He who believes in Him is not condemned...

Romans 10:9-10 (NKJV)
...if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Romans 10:13 (NKJV)
...whoever calls on the name of the LORD shall be saved.

1 John 5:12-14 (NKJV)
He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life. These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, that you may know that you have eternal life, and that you may continue to believe in the name of the Son of God.

Perhaps you have specific verses in mind?

Upvote 0

jennimatts

Blessed by God!
May 29, 2011
✟14,186.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Thank you. My struggle is not that of the flesh, I have cut off sexual sin, drinking, lieng, being proud and other things. however, I have not seen any regeneration of my heart. Not one time, I know only God can do this. The other things anyone that is scared to death can stop doing, that is not the Holy Spirit working.

It can be a gradual change as we live our lives, and I suggest there are some things that you can do to that will enable / assist the Holy Spirit to work in your heart.

Spend time reading the Bible. BibleGateway.com is really good, as you can select and compare various translations, search scripture references, and search for specific words.

Then try to focus on praising and worshiping God. Find some good music you can sing with. I do this often when I'm driving.

Also, select several people, family, friends, or even people you have met on this forum, and commit to pray for them daily. I'm not talking generic quickie prayers, but as detailed as you can.

I'm praying for you.

Upvote 0

Kelly441

May 20, 2011
✟15,728.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
It can be a gradual change as we live our lives, and I suggest there are some things that you can do to that will enable / assist the Holy Spirit to work in your heart.

Spend time reading the Bible. BibleGateway.com is really good, as you can select and compare various translations, search scripture references, and search for specific words.

Then try to focus on praising and worshiping God. Find some good music you can sing with. I do this often when I'm driving.

Also, select several people, family, friends, or even people you have met on this forum, and commit to pray for them daily. I'm not talking generic quickie prayers, but as detailed as you can.

I'm praying for you.

Thank you

Upvote 0

JCMJ friend

Dec 14, 2010
at home
✟15,294.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Liberals
I have no hope. I had habitual unconfessed sin for tens years. I disrespected and disregarded my savior Jesus. I read verse after verse that condemns me. My wife can't put up with my depression much longer. I will likely lose my family. I have a two year old daughter Hannah that means so much to me. I have thrown my soul away and my life. So much despair, so much regret. I think about losing my family and going to Hell and I am unable to even cry about it.
I think you are listening to the devil too much,this is what i tend to do,but we all know the devil is both a liar and murderer.If you turn to jesus love and follow him and its never too late,then you will go to heaven,all you have to do is admit your a sinner,confess your sin to Jesus,ask Jesus to come in to your heart and be your saviour Lord and friend,Jesus and his spirit and God will immediately make their home in your heart,they forgive you of all and any sin,Jesus loves you so much,he saw your face as he died on the cross for you,his heart bleeds for you loves you so much,then like the prodical father he will welcome you into his arms in the kingdom of heaven when you die or when he comes again.Dont listen to satan my friend,listen to jesus,Jesus wants you to be saved,please read John3:16 For God so loved the world that he ganve his one and only begtoon son that whosoever believth in him shall NOT peris but have eternal life.I truely believe i will met you ,you are one of my brothers in jesus and i believe we will met in heaven..God bless you friend and brother

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

New_Believer

May 6, 2011
Washington
✟16,144.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It seems to me that to believe that Jesus is the Son of God, the Holy Spirit must first awaken our spirit to this knowledge. But I don't think salvation is dependent on recognizing the Holy Spirit in our heart.

...he said to them, “Did you receive the Holy Spirit when you believed?” So they said to him, “We have not so much as heard whether there is a Holy Spirit.”

There are also many scriptures about being saved that do not mention the Holy Spirit.

John 3:17-18 (NKJV)
For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved. He who believes in Him is not condemned...

Romans 10:9-10 (NKJV)
...if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Romans 10:13 (NKJV)
...whoever calls on the name of the LORD shall be saved.

1 John 5:12-14 (NKJV)
He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life. These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, that you may know that you have eternal life, and that you may continue to believe in the name of the Son of God.

Perhaps you have specific verses in mind?

I second this. I didn't even know what the Holy Spirit was when I got saved. I was just a sinner who realized I needed a Savior. I think Satan is trying to discourage you. I don't know if you're saved or not but I do know that if you repent and put your faith in Christ you will be saved.

Upvote 0

Kelly441

May 20, 2011
✟15,728.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

Read the next couple verses, they were baptized again in the name of Jesus and Paul laid hands on them for the reception of the Holy Ghost.

Upvote 0

jennimatts

Blessed by God!
May 29, 2011
✟14,186.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Read the next couple verses, they were baptized again in the name of Jesus and Paul laid hands on them for the reception of the Holy Ghost.

Yes, they were baptized into the name of Jesus and filled with the Holy Spirit, but I don't see anything to suggest that they had not been saved prior to that. Baptism is an outwardly visible symbol of the salvation that has been received through faith, but not required for salvation.

Upvote 0

heavensangel1964

Storming 'Heaven' For Souls
May 28, 2008
East Mesa, AZ and Prescott, AZ
Visit site
✟13,563.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
:angel::prayer: I am praying for YOU daily :prayer::angel:

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:
:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

My Sweetest, Precious, Daddy Father God...
prayer.gif

May You Most Perfect Will Be Done, Unto This Precious Soul, According to Your Perfect Word and Timing...
prayer.gif

And I Claim This Very Special Intention and Healing...
prayer.gif

crossrc.gif
crossrc.gif
crossrc.gif
'In The Name Of The Father, The Son, And. The Holy Spirit!'
crossrc.gif
crossrc.gif
crossrc.gif

AMEN!
amen.gif
clap.gif
angel.gif

Upvote 0

Starlightsobright

Jesus is Love
Aug 2, 2011
✟22,280.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Please do not lose faith. We all sin and God our Father forgives us when we repent and ask for forgiveness. Please trust in Him.
You mentioned depression it would be good for you to visit a doctor that would be able to help you.

God Bless you and I will be praying for you and your family.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Kelly441

May 20, 2011
✟15,728.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Please do not lose faith. We all sin and God our Father forgives us when we repent and ask for forgiveness. Please trust in Him.
You mentioned depression it would be good for you to visit a doctor that would be able to help you.

God Bless you and I will be praying for you and your family.

My faith is little, only God can regenerate a heart, it's his sovereign choice on who he saves.

Upvote 0

JCMJ friend

Dec 14, 2010
at home
✟15,294.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Liberals
My faith is little, only God can regenerate a heart, it's his sovereign choice on who he saves.
God chooses everybody,the bible says that God doesnt want anyone to perish but to all to come for him for eternal life.John 3:16 For God so loved the WORLD that WHOSOEVER believe in him will NOT perish but have everlasting life.

Upvote 0

Littlek

I'm His
Jun 13, 2011
U.S.A.
✟53,044.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have been a christian for almost 2 yrs. I have had my ups and downs, and doubts and guilt. Rememer once you accept God in your heart, satan doesn't like it and will or can make things worse because he doesn't want to lose anyone to Jesus. He put the guilt on me bad. I think you are being to hard on yourself, I did the same, and I am still learning. I still have some fears God is helping me with, I still stuggle sometimes too. I can't remember how long you said that you asked for forgiveness, but it does take time, ONE day at a time. If you open and be honest just like talking to your bestfriend, he will come into your heart. He knows you better that you know yourself. It is a work that starts and continues to grow during your life. I know it's hard to be patient. Trust me it doesn't happen over night. When I came to my breaking point, the very bottom, I said I can not do this anymore. I can not handle this on my own and dropped to my knees and cried outloud, (and I mean loud) to God and I think I cried the first 3 to 4 months. Everyone is different, but if you are here and asking questions and wanting help I think the holy spirit is working within you.
I will pray for you and please keep reading.
littlek

Upvote 0

RobertZ

Feb 26, 2009
Gastonia NC
✟4,414.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Then who hasn't he saved me? I have repented and confessed him and believed in my heart. Not once have I seen any regeneration of the heart, something only God can do.

Hey buddy, remember me? I know exactly what your going through because I have been going through the same stuff.

I wanted to provide you with a couple of things you might find helpful and to help show you what a work of God in the heart of an awakened sinner looks like.

Letters to Awakened Sinners - Page 1

What do I do if I've tried to believe in Jesus but can't? - YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjLrXtBIVXA&feature=related

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.