Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Where does it say we would ONLY be on the new earth? Can we not go to Heaven as we choose? I know Jehovahs witnesses teach that you only go to the New Earth

In that future state, it may not even make sense to speak of "going to heaven"--as though heaven (i.e. the idea of God's Divine Throneroom) is separate from the earth; instead the biblical picture we are given looks more like that there is a sense in which these are united together--heaven comes down to earth.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

CoreyD

Jul 11, 2023
Detroit
✟24,024.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
In that future state, it may not even make sense to speak of "going to heaven"--as though heaven (i.e. the idea of God's Divine Throneroom) is separate from the earth; instead the biblical picture we are given looks more like that there is a sense in which these are united together--heaven comes down to earth.

-CryptoLutheran
Why not the heavenly family united with the earthly family Matthew 6:10; Ephesians 1:10, so that "God will be utterly supreme over everything everywhere". 1 Corinthians 15:28

And this is the plan: At the right time he will bring everything together under the authority of Christ - everything in heaven and on earth
Ephesians 1:10

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟252,042.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Where does it say we would ONLY be on the new earth? Can we not go to Heaven as we choose? I know Jehovahs witnesses teach that you only go to the New Earth
-​
Nope, God is bringing in a new earth for humans to live on.

Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people. God Himself will be with them and be their God.

Upvote 0

CoreyD

Jul 11, 2023
Detroit
✟24,024.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I want to go to heaven to be with the Father, to take up my inheritance, to live in a mansion, to worship God.I want to meet Jesus face to face.
You are not alone.

I think one of the apostles said we are all saints.
We? We were not there. All the apostles and early followers of Christ (1st century Christian congregation) were Saints.
The gathering of the Saints started from Jesus' chosen apostles, and would be completed only when that number was completed.

Upvote 0

CoreyD

Jul 11, 2023
Detroit
✟24,024.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Every person who has believed in Jesus for God's free gift of Eternal life is a saint, a born again child of God saint.
You say that, d taylor. with great authority.
That's not the authority we should go by though. It's scripture right?

Upvote 0

CoreyD

Jul 11, 2023
Detroit
✟24,024.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
-
If you are not a saint, then you have not believed in Jesus for the life of God.

Are You A Saint Or An Ain’t? – Grace Evangelical Society
First Corinthians is addressed to the church “at Corinth, to those who are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all who in every place call on the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both theirs and ours” (1 Cor 1:2). Yet just read the epistle! The Corinthians were proud, divisive, litigious, careless and selfish at the Lord’s Supper and agape (love feast), and permissive of gross sin (incest) in one of the believers.1​
Why would Paul call the Corinthians “saints” if they were so unsaintly?​
Answer : Paul was addressing the Corinthian Christians. Not the unbelievers, or every citizen in Corinth.

Are unbelievers Saints?

Upvote 0