New Carlisle, IN
✟31,326.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Getting involved in different ministries outside of worship helps to fit you into the congregation well.

Simpily getting involved in one ministry outside of worship will help you to meet some people, that in turn will often lead to you meeting other people simpily by the people that you know from that ministry introducing you to others.

That is honestly the best way. Bible studies also work for this as well.

If you don't have time for any of that, attending worship on Sunday and talking to people will help but that may take a while.

Upvote 0

Mr Dave

God Save The Queen!
Apr 2, 2010
Sheffield
✟25,710.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
I agree with the others that if there's a midweek group/Bible Study you could attend then that would be good. People will meet you in a more intimate environment so you get to know them better than just seeing lots of people once each week. The others would recognise that you're new and hopefully start conversations to get to know you.

All the best :)

Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,151,407.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Aside from the kinds of study and devotional activities above, churches always need help. Just about anything you'd like to do you can find there. Most churches need help in the office, visiting shut-ins, teaching Sunday School or other activities with children, and just about anything you can imagine. The pastor would be a good source on this. So would the church secretary. (Typically the secretary really runs the church.)

Upvote 0

qrprat77

Jul 6, 2011
✟7,613.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Serve God! That's the simplest way I know to make friends in Church.
I met my best friend at church, we've been friends since the 6th grade.
My first statement to him was literally, "Uh, I'm Brandon, will you be my friend?"
SO, yeah, I was literally, a 'social retard' as you say. I was also 11 at the time, so there you have it.

Upvote 0