Glendale, CA
✟1,958.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
So, around 2004 I found an amazing church in my city. It was small, but the Pastor was seemingly amazing. The people in the church were great and it was the perfect thing for at the time. It was a Southern Baptist church.... in the Los Angeles area, funny enough! ^_^ Anyway, they let go the Pastor for reasons they never told me... but it wasn't good. It was right before I was going to become a member too (baptized). Then everyone I knew left the Church, so I just never went back. It was hard wanting to find another church because I was SO attached to this other one and the people in it. I spent so much of my time at it.

Butttt.... Lately, I've been searching for a Church again. I sent an e-mail to the Pastor at this American Baptist Church a few blocks from me. He was really welcoming and they have an awesome young adults program! We're going to meet sometime this week. Then, I'm going to go to the service on Sunday. Then Sunday night, I'm going to go to the Young Adults meeting. I'm crossing my fingers this Church (which btw, they're re-building their community. They started with 33 members and now have 75... 76 possibly ;)) is just as good as the last or even better. :)

I'm really excited about this! I agree with all of the Baptist's beliefs, so maybe that's why they seem to just come to me. ;) I'm the type of person who loves going to a Church where I don't have to be afraid to touch anything for fear it might ruin the overthetop decorations... haha.

Anyway, I just wanted to share with all you Baptists! Cross your fingers this works out! :) I'm hoping.

sealacamp

Jun 26, 2008
Fairburn Georgia
✟2,331.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So, around 2004 I found an amazing church in my city. It was small, but the Pastor was seemingly amazing. The people in the church were great and it was the perfect thing for at the time. It was a Southern Baptist church.... in the Los Angeles area, funny enough! ^_^ Anyway, they let go the Pastor for reasons they never told me... but it wasn't good. It was right before I was going to become a member too (baptized). Then everyone I knew left the Church, so I just never went back. It was hard wanting to find another church because I was SO attached to this other one and the people in it. I spent so much of my time at it.

Butttt.... Lately, I've been searching for a Church again. I sent an e-mail to the Pastor at this American Baptist Church a few blocks from me. He was really welcoming and they have an awesome young adults program! We're going to meet sometime this week. Then, I'm going to go to the service on Sunday. Then Sunday night, I'm going to go to the Young Adults meeting. I'm crossing my fingers this Church (which btw, they're re-building their community. They started with 33 members and now have 75... 76 possibly ;)) is just as good as the last or even better. :)

I'm really excited about this! I agree with all of the Baptist's beliefs, so maybe that's why they seem to just come to me. ;) I'm the type of person who loves going to a Church where I don't have to be afraid to touch anything for fear it might ruin the overthetop decorations... haha.

Anyway, I just wanted to share with all you Baptists! Cross your fingers this works out! :) I'm hoping.

Good luck Jessica! I'm hoping you find Jesus in the church and outside the church as well. He makes all things new, among His many attributes.

Sealacamp

Upvote 0

PastorJim

Jul 12, 2006
✟3,601.00
Faith
Baptist

Based on your posts about the "Christian" nightclubs and your aversion to Biblical authority, I think th ABC is a much better choice for you.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.