Willmar
✟16,669.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What is God's will exactly? Like I know what pleases and displeases God but I want to be sure I understand what his will really means. As in is his will one clear cut path for everyone or is it unique to the individual, and if one sins then he is under the law and no longer living within God's will unless they repented and prayed forgiveness in the name of Christ? Or could God's will possibly be many things/paths? And a slight detour won't eternally condemn you?

The reason this came to my mind is reading a quote regarding God today somewhere along the lines of "If you ask and its according to God's will it will be heard?" so if it is not according to God's will he will "ignore" you? I am not suggesting praying for sinful or selfish things that are automatically against God's will because of the commandments but other things like a man praying to find a spouse or to have offspring or something.

GospelS

A Daughter of Zion Seeking Her Father in Heaven!
Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2017
She is The Land!
✟456,632.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Whatever you do, submit yourself to God in prayer and trust Him to lead you. And do it with love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. This is God's will.

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I can not tell you what GOD is really saying in His word. We were not given that right. So for ME Gods will is GODS word. We know OT that He hears the righteous. He even answer before we finish praying. NT if we know He hears us.. the we know we have the petitions we asked for. For Gods will is HIS WORD! Now.. it must also be said..if we DOUBT...let not that man/women think they will get ANYTHING from God. Jesus goes in to some town and all He could do was lay hands on a few and teach because of doubt.

See if we KNEW God can never lie faith would not be a problem. What did Jesus say about so many things.. lay hands on the sick they shall be healed. What ever you ask the Father in my name He will do it. What ever you desire when you pray believe you receive it you shall have it. Some use to use the the wrong way. Well it HAS to go inline with the word of God. Has to be written. The BIBLE Gods word is His will. So many can't even believe that. Theres doubt form the start.

Peter and John at the gate beautiful said silver and gold I dont have but what I do have give I unto you. In Jesus name. <---not once did they have to ask GOD was it His will to heal this man.. OH JESUS please touch this man <---NOPE! After this what did they say? "why look at us as if we did this under our own power. Its FAITH IN THAT NAME!"

So.. whats Gods will :) HIS WORD! You get fear.. whats GODS will? "God has not given you the spirit of fear but of power and love and a sound mind". Sad.."the JOY of the lord is my strength" on and on. I always pray HIS WORD! He said.. His word NEVER comes back to Him void! DONT believe me.. you read you ask and just believe what HE said.. can He EVER lie? :)

Reactions: Bcs90
Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,940.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
What is God's will exactly? Like I know what pleases and displeases God but I want to be sure I understand what his will really means. As in is his will one clear cut path for everyone or is it unique to the individual, and if one sins then he is under the law and no longer living within God's will unless they repented and prayed forgiveness in the name of Christ? Or could God's will possibly be many things/paths? And a slight detour won't eternally condemn you?

The reason this came to my mind is reading a quote regarding God today somewhere along the lines of "If you ask and its according to God's will it will be heard?" so if it is not according to God's will he will "ignore" you? I am not suggesting praying for sinful or selfish things that are automatically against God's will because of the commandments but other things like a man praying to find a spouse or to have offspring or something.

Micah 6:8

He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.

Romans 8:26-27

26 In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans. 27 And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for God’s people in accordance with the will of God.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟910,467.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

God's will is His and not ours. Today some think God is at our beck-and- call especially in the WOF movement. It is the will of the Father to heal as well as answer any prayer anyone has. So what is God's will? That we understand it is His will and His alone.
Blessings

Upvote 0

Bcs90

Jul 8, 2019
Willmar
✟16,669.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
God's will is His and not ours. Today some think God is at our beck-and- call especially in the WOF movement. It is the will of the Father to heal as well as answer any prayer anyone has. So what is God's will? That we understand it is His will and His alone.
Blessings

I just find it hard sometimes, especially when I look around and see people who (imo) are pretty crappy people to say the least and don't know how they could possibly living by God's will and they have riches, comfort, a beautiful wife/kids..etc. then you have people struggling to find God and be obedient and it seems like they are plagued. It concerns me to say the least.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
The reason this came to my mind is reading a quote regarding God today somewhere along the lines of "If you ask and its according to God's will it will be heard?" so if it is not according to God's will he will "ignore" you?
It is written somewhere in Scripture that Yahuweh (Sovereign Creator , Giver of Life)
does not even listen to the prayers of someone who considers sin in their heart. (allows sin in their heart or thinks sin is okay)

What is God's will exactly?
It is written in Scripture that no one knows the will (mind) of God except the Spirit of God .
Like I know what pleases and displeases God but I want to be sure I understand what his will really means. As in is his will one clear cut path for everyone or is it unique to the individual, and if one sins then he is under the law and no longer living within God's will unless they repented and prayed forgiveness in the name of Christ?
Without faith it is impossible to please God. There is only one path, Jesus Christ.
It is God's Good Pleasure to Hide Salvation from the educated ones. (surprised?)
John 8:34 Jesus replied, "Truly, truly, I tell you, everyone ...
John 8:34 Jesus replied, "Truly, truly, I tell you, everyone who sins is a slave to sin.
Jesus said to them, "I am telling you the truth: everyone who sins is a slave of sin. Holman Christian Standard Bible Jesus responded, "I assure you: Everyone who commits sin is a slave of sin. International Standard Version Jesus answered them, "Truly, I tell all of you emphatically, that everyone who commits sin is a slave of sin. NET Bible
Bible Verses About Sin: 10 Important Scriptures
Bible Verses About Sin: 10 Important Scriptures
The Bible is very clear on the subject of sin in that everyone is guilty of sin, God hates sin, God found a way through Jesus for us to be forgiven of sin. Feel free to use these sin Bible scriptures for a devotional, Sunday school lesson or topical Bible study.

Or could God's will possibly be many things/paths?
The deception of the devil tells the whole world this.
And a slight detour won't eternally condemn you?
"detour" ?

Unbelief is what people are condemned for.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
.....and they have riches, comfort, a beautiful wife/kids..etc......
Jesus says directly "Woe to you who are comfortable now....."/"Blessed are you who are suffering now, you will be comforted" ....
and "Woe to the rich....." / "Blessed are the poor...."
and "beauty is VAIN ......" , "charm is deceitful ...."

and King David, a man after God's own heart, lamented in Scripture "why do the wicked prosper?"

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟910,467.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I just find it hard sometimes, especially when I look around and see people who (imo) are pretty crappy people to say the least and don't know how they could possibly living by God's will and they have riches, comfort, a beautiful wife/kids..etc. then you have people struggling to find God and be obedient and it seems like they are plagued. It concerns me to say the least.
Persecution and spiritual warfare are a Christians way of life while we are in the flesh. Jesus never promised us anything else here on earth rather all His promises are in the life here after with Him in the Kingdom of God. Meanwhile, those who seem very rotten in your eyes and have everything, they have their reward now in the flesh. There are quite a few scriptural verses that can help you navigate your concerns and make you more at ease.
Blessings

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aabbie James

Maintain love and truth in perfect balance
Jul 15, 2019
West Coast
✟37,760.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What is God's will exactly?
God's will is for His people to find their fulfilment in Jesus Christ, to be faithful and obedient, as set out in the Law and the Prophets.

Upvote 0

RoseyViolet

Aug 7, 2018
Martinez
✟17,442.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married

Upvote 0

RoseyViolet

Aug 7, 2018
Martinez
✟17,442.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
God's ways are not our ways and his will is not our will. I try to remember that, I am only human, He made me, I'm flawed on my own, but when God looks at me, through the veil of Jesus Christ, who redeemed me of my sins by taking them upon himself and who also sits at the right throne of God the father. I can know the will of God, it's written in His word and is revealed to me by his Holy Spirit living within me. When I pray, I ask for God's will to be done above all, no matter what I ask, I still seek His will because His will is always perfect, I don't see or know it all like He does, so I ask for His will in my life. If He reveals his will to me, that's a bonus, but mostly I just trust in Him and rest easy knowing He loves me and has my best interest in mind. Its really about a growing relationship in Christ, seek Him and trust Him.

Upvote 0

longwait

Mar 14, 2016
asia
✟85,978.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Yes, people who want to obey the Lord are disciplined by Him. That's what true loving and caring fathers do. He who spares the rod hates his son, but he who loves him disciplines him diligently. Proverbs 13:24. Being disciplined is not fun though. It hurts. But the result and fruits are precious. Those who don't want to obey the Lord are allowed to have things their way. But what's the use. Life here is so brief.

Upvote 0

Bcs90

Jul 8, 2019
Willmar
✟16,669.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think I might still be having trouble fulling surrendering to God's will and trusting him. I am kind of afraid of what his will is, for example I'll go to pray and might pray something along the lines of asking him to keep me humble. But then worry goes over me and I finish by praying "Please if possible, humble me nicely". Like I am afraid of God humbling me by striking me with disease, or serious matters like someone close to me dying..etc.

I also struggle with a lot of confidence issues imo, in MY OPINION I NEED a little confidence/pride, otherwise I'm just gonna be a door rug the rest of my life. But then when I first start to act confident, it's like God is trying to punish me.. But then again, I am not really sure. Is it God punishing me for having confidence and he doesn't want me to have any confidence or is it me or the enemy?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RoseyViolet

Aug 7, 2018
Martinez
✟17,442.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I think I might still be having trouble fulling surrendering to God's will and trusting him. I am kind of afraid of what his will is, for example I'll go to pray and might pray something along the lines of asking him to keep me humble. But then worry goes over me and I finish by praying "Please if possible, humble me nicely". Like I am afraid of God humbling me by striking me with disease, or serious matters like someone close to me dying..etc.

I also struggle with a lot of confidence issues imo, in MY OPINION I NEED a little confidence/pride, otherwise I'm just gonna be a door rug the rest of my life. But then when I first start to act confident, it's like God is trying to punish me.. But then again, I am not really sure. Is it God punishing me for having confidence and he doesn't want me to have any confidence or is it me or the enemy?

OP, it really comes down to making a decision to trust and obey God. Do you trust Him? He LOVES you more than you can fathom. He knew you in your mother's womb, He has a plan for you, it is good and right. We don't know His ways because they are so much higher than our ways, so do you trust Him that He has your best in mind? God is not out to punish you, He punished His son Jesus, to cover your punishment for sin that easily entangles us. He knew we would screw up and still sin upon being saved from sin. That's why in His loving ways, He provided a way out through His Holy Spirit which is our comforter and friend. He wants a relationship with us, not to condemn and punish us. There is NO condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus! It is the enemy, recognize it for who it is and fight the good fight the only way you know how, lay down your will for God's perfect will for your life and TRUST Him, He cares for you, He loves you SOOOO much! Ask Him for help with your doubts and your fears and to combat the enemy on your behalf. God is a gentleman, He wants to be asked when we need help. I pray you'll continue to know Him more and more!!! It's so worth the journey.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
QUOTE="Bcs90, post: 74170171, member: 420872"]What is God's will exactly? Like I know what pleases and displeases God but I want to be sure I understand what his will really means. As in is his will one clear cut path for everyone or is it unique to the individual, and if one sins then he is under the law and no longer living within God's will unless they repented and prayed forgiveness in the name of Christ? Or could God's will possibly be many things/paths? And a slight detour won't eternally condemn you?

The reason this came to my mind is reading a quote regarding God today somewhere along the lines of "If you ask and its according to God's will it will be heard?" so if it is not according to God's will he will "ignore" you? I am not suggesting praying for sinful or selfish things that are automatically against God's will because of the commandments but other things like a man praying to find a spouse or to have offspring or something.[/QU
OTE
============================================
Just as Jesus sought nothing for Himself, rather trusted His entire life to the Father,
so are Ekklesia to do.

Everything. Utterly everything. Complete and Total Trust in the Father, relying on Him for everything, trusting our lives to Him always , through every difficulty, snare and danger; through all time, in everything abiding in Him, resting in Him.

Reactions: Aabbie James
Upvote 0

Aabbie James

Maintain love and truth in perfect balance
Jul 15, 2019
West Coast
✟37,760.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
For example

1Th 4:3 It is God‘s will that you should be sanctified: that you should avoid sexual immorality

1Th 5:18 give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God‘s will for you in Christ Jesus.
Psalms 39:7 And now, O LORD, for what do I wait? My hope is in you.

Upvote 0