Jul 17, 2007
Silver Sprint, MD
✟46,642.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Politics
US-Others
Occassionally a post comes along that mentions God's plan for us. How can anyone know what God's plan for humans was unless he gets that information directly from God? Presuming to know God's detailed plans for us is akin to my pen trying to determine my plans for it. I don't want my pen trying to decide what my plans for it are while I am trying to use it.

It seems to me that the moment God decided to give man the ability to make decisions that was not given to the other animals He liberalized what man could do, leaving it to consequences to determine human action.

mva1985

Senior Veteran
Jun 18, 2007
Ohio
Visit site
✟19,628.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Occassionally a post comes along that mentions God's plan for us. How can anyone know what God's plan for humans was unless he gets that information directly from God? Presuming to know God's detailed plans for us is akin to my pen trying to determine my plans for it. I don't want my pen trying to decide what my plans for it are while I am trying to use it.

It seems to me that the moment God decided to give man the ability to make decisions that was not given to the other animals He liberalized what man could do, leaving it to consequences to determine human action.

Jeremiah 29:11
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Upvote 0

sentipente

Senior Contributor
Jul 17, 2007
Silver Sprint, MD
✟46,642.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Politics
US-Others

Jeremiah 29:11
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
There is nothing we can do about those plans. That's what He plans to do for His creation. That is not what is being referenced when people use that phrase.

Upvote 0