Visit site
✟200,461.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God knows us better than we know ourselves. He knows what we are actually like when the lights are off and no one else is around. Despite all this, His loves is never ending...

9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. —1 John 1:9 (KJV)

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
God knows us better than we know ourselves. He knows what we are actually like when the lights are off and no one else is around. Despite all this, His loves is never ending...

9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. —1 John 1:9 (KJV)
That is so true...and a great comfort to know..

Upvote 0

Unofficial Reverand Alex

Pray in silence...God speaks softly
Site Supporter
Dec 22, 2017
The Mystical Lands of Rural Indiana
Visit site
✟526,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
God knows us better than we know ourselves. He knows what we are actually like when the lights are off and no one else is around. Despite all this, His loves is never ending...)
It's so comforting to see how badly people screwed up in the Bible, and how we see them as some of the holiest people because God always took them in. The charges God brings against Israel are seemingly endless, almost destroying His chosen people on occasion, but He always takes them back.
It reminds me of one of the best sermons I ever heard. The Gospel reading that week was the beginning of Mark, where Jesus saw fishermen, said "Follow me", and they dropped everything to follow Him. He said, "A lot of people think, 'I wish I was more like the Apostles!'. No, you don't!!! In the Gospel of Mark, when the Apostles initially meet Jesus, they drop everything to follow Him--and that is the last good thing they do in the entire book! Little children want to see Jesus, and the Apostles push them away. Peter's asked if he knows Jesus, and denies Him 3 times. Over and over again, we see how badly the Apostles screwed up--and yet, these men are the men God appointed to run the Church."
Right now, I'm reading the Book of the Prophet Jeremiah. The setting for this book is Israel in exile (again), and God bringing charges against them for prostitution, favoring other Gods, worthless Gods, over their true God. Still, God loves them, and wants to bring them back to Jerusalem, and this book is where we get the oft-repeated verse, "'I know the plans I have for you', declares the Lord. 'Plans for you to prosper & not to come to harm, plans to give you a hope & a future.'" (Jeremiah 29:11)
Praise be to our loving God!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.