Tampa
✟31,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sorry, but your view is not that of mainstream Christianity. It reminds me of a religious view which does NOT agree with the discoveries of Science and History. It is a religious view which is being taught by some cult leaders. Denying that Jesus is God ends this conversation.
There is no changing the Bible here. Only your mis-interpretation of the text. There are some verses in the Bible that have over 300 different interpretations by different scholars. When you take off your Western English rose colored glasses you may one day truly see the meaning behind the verses.

Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
There is no changing the Bible here. Only your mis-interpretation of the text. There are some verses in the Bible that have over 300 different interpretations by different scholars. When you take off your Western English rose colored glasses you may one day truly see the meaning behind the verses.

Jehovah's Witness teaching?

Upvote 0

SpiritualBeing

Nov 21, 2018
Tampa
✟31,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jehovah's Witness teaching?
Absolutely not. Only flimsy ill-informed beliefs about scripture from those that do not understand the translated words from Hebrew and Greek. It may be time for you to study a different bible.

Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
Absolutely not. Only flimsy ill-informed beliefs about scripture from those that do not understand the translated words from Hebrew and Greek. It may be time for you to study a different bible.

Why? The KJV agrees in every way with every discovery of Science and History. Does your altered version? If not, maybe you are basing your future on a part truth. Amen?

Upvote 0

SpiritualBeing

Nov 21, 2018
Tampa
✟31,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why? The KJV agrees in every way with every discovery of Science and History. Does your altered version? If not, maybe you are basing your future on a part truth. Amen?
All that I'm saying is that Modern English bibles do a very poor job in conveying the original meaning so alot of people end up misinterpreting the real meaning.

For example in the Ten Commandments, when the King James Version renders the phrase, "Thou Shalt Not Covet," it is misinterpreting the Hebrew verb. Covet is in fact a mistranslation. It turns out it means, "Do not take"

Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
All that I'm saying is that Modern English bibles do a very poor job in conveying the original meaning so alot of people end up misinterpreting the real meaning.

For example in the Ten Commandments, when the King James Version renders the phrase, "Thou Shalt Not Covet," it is misinterpreting the Hebrew verb. Covet is in fact a mistranslation. It turns out it means, "Do not take"

In your altered Bible, anything goes. Once you start changing what is actually written, you become as confused as the ancient theologians.

• Agree
Reactions: Heissonear
Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist

Doesn't compute Scripturally;

Exo 20:17 Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour's.

Don't try to keep up with the Jones's.

Rom 7:7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.

Your example doesn't make sense since there is another Law which tells us not to steal or do not take. The last verse shows what coveting actually is. It's LUST. Amen?

Upvote 0

SpiritualBeing

Nov 21, 2018
Tampa
✟31,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Doesn't compute Scripturally;

Exo 20:17 Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour's.

Don't try to keep up with the Jones's.

Rom 7:7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.

Your example doesn't make sense since there is another Law which tells us not to steal or do not take. The last verse shows what coveting actually is. It's LUST. Amen?
Covet does not always translate to LUST. See Deut 7:25 You shall consign the images of their gods to the fire; you shall not covet the silver and gold on them and keep it for yourselves…

it depends if is a feeling or action.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
Covet does not always translate to LUST. See Deut 7:25 You shall consign the images of their gods to the fire; you shall not covet the silver and gold on them and keep it for yourselves…

it depends if is a feeling or action.

Okay. Don't lust for the gold and silver on the images of their gods. Semantics.

Upvote 0

SpiritualBeing

Nov 21, 2018
Tampa
✟31,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Okay. Don't lust for the gold and silver on the images of their gods. Semantics.
I think not. Take a look here at Exod 34:24 I will drive out nations from your path and enlarge your territory; no one will covet your land when you go up to appear before YHWH your God three times a year.

Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
I think not. Take a look here at Exod 34:24 I will drive out nations from your path and enlarge your territory; no one will covet your land when you go up to appear before YHWH your God three times a year.

No one will lust for your land when you go up to appear before ..... Covet = lust for.

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2012
✟120,483.00
Faith
Atheist
Sorry, but you are totally confused.
An irrelevant insult is not an answer to you making God to destroy everything 14 billion years ago.

A vague and sometimes irrelevant post is still no answer to my questions about your very specific numbers of 23 billion years and 17 billion years ago.

Your story still makes God destroy the entire contents of the universe including Adam's descendants in the Big Bang, 13.8 billion years ago. That makes Noah and his family impossible. Noah's ancestors were dead for 13 billon years before you think he arrived on Earth from another planet in a wooden "spacecraft" that was a submarine travelling through a your fairy story of a water filled universe. The Bible makes it clear the universe was not full of water before God created Man.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Oct 15, 2012
✟120,483.00
Faith
Atheist
I’m new to this thread. The Earth is not 6,000 years old. YEC’s change my mind.
Aman777 has fantasies about the universe include pulling ages such as 23 billion and 17 billion years ot of thin air. Thus definitely not a YEC thread, SpiritualBeing!

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2012
✟120,483.00
Faith
Atheist
Young Earthers have told us the Truth for thousands of years by FAITH....
The Young Earth Creationists claim is that the universe and Earth are ~6000 years old while Aman777's claim is that the universe is at least 23 billion years old and the Earth is 4.53 billion years old. Aman777 is stating that YEC is wrong :doh:.

Upvote 0