Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
All this recent talk of God using "flawed" methods and "flawed" people brought to my remembrance something God spoke to me in March 2009;
My son, you have only begun to see and understand My Love for you. I have chosen you, yes you, in spite of all the areas you feel inadequate, to be an example of My Love to others. I have heard your heart's cry to see others as I see them. I have heard your prayers to become unoffendable, and even though you fall short at times, I have begun a work in you that I will see to completion. You know the areas you need to work on, and I will give you the strength you need to help you in those areas.

I chose you before you were born. Your name is who I have called you to be. Peter Michael; a rock, a solid foundation, built upon My Love.
Because of the disproportionate focus and attention Christians tend to put on other people's sins and flaws, quite often we may feel inadequate, or like there is someone better for the job. We may feel like Gideon, and wonder why of all people to choose from, God would want to use us. But despite all of the places you may feel inadequate, despite your flaws and failures, despite everything your natural mind tells you disqualifies you from being used of Him, He desires to use you for His glory.

If you don't how God wants to use you, or you often question why He would use you instead of someone "better", I would encourage you to sit with a pencil and paper before God, and just listen for His voice and write what He says to you. That's what I did when I heard Him say the above to me.

Find out how it is that He wants to use you. Find out what His will is for your life. Find out what your function in the body of Christ is. Do so with the confidence that He wants to use YOU for His glory. He is not looking for your perfection. He is looking for your willingness to be used of Him.

:cool:

Reactions: Yekcidmij

Deba

The Lord is my shepherd I shall not want (period)
Jul 8, 2007
An American living in Laos
✟13,167.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
What do my shortcomings amount to when God has asked something of me?
Are my flaws to big for God to work around?
Only my heart needs to be willing and teachable.
My 'not good enough areas' God can cover from the sight of man, just as Noah's son's covered their father's nakedness.

Upvote 0
Nov 16, 2009
Kentucky
✟12,610.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Peace and blessings:

Good post and even better responses. I certainly wish all here in the forums would accept that our ALL Mighty God STILL has an audible voice, and STILL speaks to us through our dreams, our visions, our eyes and our ears directly into our hearts, which are belonging to Him, and our Beloved!

Sons and daughters of ALmighty, bless the Lord,
PRAISE AND EXALT HIM ABOVE ALL FOREVER!

Upvote 0