God Says Scripture Is Not Of Any Private Interpretation!!

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,896,395.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I am far from being an expert in the field but it appears that dates of the Bible are determined largely by writing styles including specific forms of words that were used.
But how do you know you are using the correct source documents?
Subduction Zone said:
Would you accept a significantly different book as being the "Old Testament"?
No.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
But how do you know you are using the correct source documents?No.
They are consistent with observations. Your beliefs are not. That is how they tend to decide what is valid or not. If you read the article on the ancient share found,roughly 1,000 BC if I remember correctly, it was in Hebrew and the verses were 'Biblely' but they were not from any one part of the Bible. How would you determine if the Bible was true to form, so to speak?

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,896,395.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
They are consistent with observations.
I don't know what you mean by that.
Subduction Zone said:
Your beliefs are not.
My observations changed when I got saved.
Subduction Zone said:
That is how they tend to decide what is valid or not.
Again I don't understand. How do they know if they aren't observing something God didn't write? They may be ... and probably are ... looking at the wrong source documents.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I don't know what you mean by that.

There are various sources of writings from the time. The language of the Old Testament is consistent with Hebrew after the Babylonian captivity.

My observations changed when I got saved.Again I don't understand. How do they know they aren't observing something God didn't write? They may be ... and probably are ... looking at the wrong source documents.

Even the Bible does not claim that God wrote it, so your question is poorly formed. Tell me, how would you know which "documents" were correct?

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,896,395.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Even the Bible does not claim that God wrote it,
Alright.

I'm not gonna seesaw back and forth with this.

You're entitled to your opinions, as well as mine.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Alright.

I'm not gonna seesaw back and forth with this.

You're entitled to your opinions, as well as mine.
But that is not opinion. At best it only claims to be inspired by God, though in actuality that applied to "scripture" written before that verse.

Upvote 0

FrumiousBandersnatch

Mar 20, 2009
✟326,229.00
Faith
Atheist
Word but a ghost without form or material substance is yet spirit of the word unseen unheard holy ghost the LLORD of hosts third person of the trinity and is consistent to the duality primary binary and is with next to the alpha integer set zero and first of order beta and is eternal fundamental for without it no word of exsistance and the secondary binary duality integer ring would not exsist the alpha and Omega integer ring first and last of the eternal chain loop together self exsistant the duality binary to set are the trinity singularity and the crown of the word made flesh of the abelian ring theory group binary ring link how fitting for the word the trinity of his soul name centered of his brow alpha first is now set integer zero like a neutron in the house the body was prepared the father son and Holy Ghost invisible unheard the great unknown God is revealed and is become both God creator friend and brother father kinsman REDEAMER Lord and savior member prepared for the slaughter sacrificial lamb without spot or blemish selfless love taste of death SINLESS Rightious blood could suffice forgive cleans covered by the blood life is in the blood the way the truth and the life only life can cover death SINLESS death it's sting had no venom death has no hold
Punctuation is the Devil's work. This looks like a bad bot's work.

Upvote 0