God PLEASE don't leave us!!

ByGrace

Jul 18, 2003
Salt Lake City
✟1,928.00
Faith
Christian
JEREMY O'ROURKE said:
Some in this thread seem to be missing the point about standing up for righteousness. Jesus said that he came to fulfill the law not completely do away with it. Many Christians seem to give grace as pretty much a license to sin and strattle the fence. In other words to live one way in the church and another way when we are not in the church house. Love is a commandment of God but not to the point where we dont seem to see God as a just God also who gave us a law to live by his word. We can not get so caught up in this so called love movement where we just leave all the homosexuals, prostitutes, those who are into incest etc alone and not point them to the truth. True love sometimes has to get in their face and at times offend people. We should always have a loving spirit no doubt but just dont sweep sin under the rug and not deal with it. There is some who think love means to just accept and go along with anything that comes along no matter how evil or corrupt it may be. The ten commandments statue is not God by any means and I do not worship it. It was given by God though and it still applies to us in this day and time. The only question that I have is how long is God (Jesus) going to keep blessing us? We have abortion on demand homosexuality and other forms of inappropriate contentography running wild. Even our churches are running rampant with these things. Praise God for Chuches that preach the truth still and will not be shaken in their faith. True love sometimes means being offensive.

I have never said that we should accept sinful lifestyles but I think that accosting people and yelling and slandering puts people out. If we show a loving concern for people then they will be more curious about the love that we have. Here in Salt Lake, there are street preachers that go down to the LDS temple and scream at the people there, including newly wed brides that they are going to hell and that they dont know the Bible. While what they are saying might just be true, do you think that those people want to run over and thank those men for screaming at them and tell them that finally, because of being insulted, they see the light? No, but they just might listen to someone that took the time to love them in the state they are in and truly want to see them saved because of that love.

Love is all you need

Upvote 0

ACougar

U.S. Army Retired
Feb 7, 2003
Arizona
Visit site
✟30,452.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Back a long long time ago when I was a Chrisitan, I thought the two greatest commandments that Jesus gave us were the commandments we were supposed to follow.

Most Christians worship on Sunday instead of Saturday (the Sabbath) as the ten commandments command. This (in my opinion) is clear proof that Christians are no longer required to keep the ten commandments than any of the other old testement laws that are no longer obeyed. The two great commandments of Jesus are the new law and for further information on how to live the sermon on the mount was the place to look.

Upvote 0

Yitzchak

יצחק
Jun 25, 2003
Visit site
✟26,333.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Lanakila said:
Amen Yitzchak. My only question is about the Sabbath. I know that Jews, and even Messianic Jews normal observe Sabbath. What of us Gentiles? I have really been wondering this. The law is written in our hearts according to the NT author Paul. But does this mean the 10 commandments including Sabbath, or only the 2 Greatest Commandments that Jesus mentioned?
This is a tough question that I will need to think about. I have heard many testimonies from people who were specially blessed by God for keeping the Sabbath and even some for keeping Sunday sacred as the Lord's Day.
I have personally found a blessing in keeping it but am not sure that it is required for the christian in the sense of a command. My answer at this point will have to be I am not sure. I have wondered the same question at times and even asked my pastor. But his answer, while held to as truth for many evangelicals, did not satisfy me personally. He said that we have entered our sabbath rest as christians in Christ. So that the sabbath was a shadow or type and no longer has any significance. I cannot answer him theologically but as I said personally I have received blessing from keeping the Sabbath.
Of course from a jewish perspective, Shabbos is eternal and it is even taught that on Shabbos (The Sabbath) the wicked in Gehinnom (hell) receive a partial respite from their punishment on that day. So that even the wicked will learn to respect Shabbos in eternity.
Jewish tradition says that Psalms 92:1 was composed by Adam as a response To recognizing the sanctity of Shabbos. Adam was spared from immeadiate punishment following his sin in Eden since that sin occured on Erev Shabbos(the evening before sabbath) and punishment had to wait until Shabbos was complete to be implemented. This saved Adam from a worse judgment.
From a christian perspective, it is a little more fuzzy. The Lord's Day (sunday) has been followed by many throughout church history but few follow the Jewish Sabbath.
Anyway, I apologize for this tangent from this thread. perhaps a seperate thread to discuss the Sabbath would be in order??

Upvote 0

Susan

退屈させた1 つ (bored one)
Feb 16, 2002
El Cajon, California, USA
Visit site
✟15,012.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
lambslove said:
God never leaves the faithful, and never was with the unfaithful, so nothing will change.

I personally don't see how having a stone with the ten commandments is that important anyway. The whole circus borders on idolatry, with people who call themselves by the name of Christ screaming, "You're taking my god away!" It's ridiculous. That stone is not our God. We are not impeded in anyway from practicing our faith or worshipping our God just because a stone was removed from a public building.

Agreed. Our faith is not in a stone monument. -^.^-

Upvote 0