God not moving all hearts to salvation.

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Many people never had a christian in their family or a person who chose to pray for their salvation. Why didnt God just move their hearts on his own? I know it pleases him for us to be a part of helping others, but since nobody was called or even thought about it, why didnt he just move their hearts on his own?

Its not hard to understand God using us, but God being so strict in using us he doesnt move a heart without us, is very hard to understand.

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,788.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Many people never had a christian in their family or a person who chose to pray for their salvation. Why didnt God just move their hearts on his own? I know it pleases him for us to be a part of helping others, but since nobody was called or even thought about it, why didnt he just move their hearts on his own?
What makes you think he doesn't. I didn't have any Christians in my family praying for me and God did lead me to salvation.

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
What makes you think he doesn't. I didn't have any Christians in my family praying for me and God did lead me to salvation.

The workers are few, those who find the road to life are few.

Everyone is saveable within their free will. Many unevangelized unsaved arent in variables where they find the road to life. This person was.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LovesOurLord

Jun 19, 2018
Denver
✟15,774.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Many people never had a christian in their family or a person who chose to pray for their salvation. Why didnt God just move their hearts on his own?

I'm sure God nudges everyone but not everyone is receptive. God doesn't want slaves, He wants believers who love Him.

My sister went through hell with psych issues and she became a very, very jaded and angry atheist. She would curse God on a daily basis and say she'd track him down and kill Him after she died.

Finally, the negativity got to her so bad she dropped it and let go. She even has decided that God probably does exist now, so she's going in the right direction. Her attitude due to her experience completely did a 180 and tanked down the toilet and she's finally clawed her way back up to the rim.

Upvote 0

Job3315

Apr 21, 2018
United States
✟89,540.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Its not hard to understand God using us, but God being so strict in using us he doesnt move a heart without us, is very hard to understand.
I think every single human, and even creation, is naturally drawn to its Creator. Ever since I was a little girl I had a sense that “something” was calling me to worship. Unfortunately I got drawned into the wrong lifestyle. Eventually I came to Christ and realized the other lifestyle was a counterfeit, an exact replica but evil one, of worshipping. So, I do believe everyone is drawn to salvation; called by God. We are just missing the signs.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
God does work individually with each person >

"God resists the proud, but gives grace to the humble." (in James 4:6, 1 Peter 5:5)

So, every person is constantly in personal communication with God > either we have how God's grace is effecting us in His love "in our hearts" (Romans 5:5, 1 John 4:17-18), or we have the personal communication of God's resistance.

But, yes, God does use family to reach people for Jesus. God our Heavenly Father started by sending His own Son Jesus. And now God does use His own children to reach people, to help people to become adopted (Romans 8:15) as children of God. So, He uses His own family people.

Because becoming saved includes becoming family with God and this in sharing with His people of His family caring and sharing love >

"with all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love," (Ephesians 4:2)

This includes "examples" (1 Peter 5:3, 1 Timothy 3:1-10) of this, then, so sinners can know how God's correction has us become > Hebrews 12:4-11 < in the character of His love.

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
God does work individually with each person >

"God resists the proud, but gives grace to the humble." (in James 4:6, 1 Peter 5:5)

So, every person is constantly in personal communication with God > either we have how God's grace is effecting us in His love "in our hearts" (Romans 5:5, 1 John 4:17-18), or we have the personal communication of God's resistance.

But, yes, God does use family to reach people for Jesus. God our Heavenly Father started by sending His own Son Jesus. And now God does use His own children to reach people, to help people to become adopted (Romans 8:15) as children of God. So, He uses His own family people.

Because becoming saved includes becoming family with God and this in sharing with His people of His family caring and sharing love >

"with all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love," (Ephesians 4:2)

This includes "examples" (1 Peter 5:3, 1 Timothy 3:1-10) of this, then, so sinners can know how God's correction has us become > Hebrews 12:4-11 < in the character of His love.
Why doesn't God just save everyone? | CARM.org
If God so desires, He certainly has the ability to cause everyone to be born-again. After all, He causes people to be born-again (1 Peter 1:3, NASB) and He can move the heart of the King where He wishes it to go (Proverbs 21:1).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

salt-n-light

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2017
Rosedale
✟165,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate

We are his vessels, not only for our benefit, but to benefit those around us. We are the image of the creator, so we by nature are to create and build up and produce and bring fruit. He didn’t just build us to be stagnant in spirit.

That is the part of free will, that we are able to be influencer, whether intentional or unintentional, as oppose to being robots where God is the only person that can do anything. Make no mistake though, in terms of life itself, and the power to give and take, He has, so He’s never out of the picture.

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
We are his vessels, not only for our benefit, but to benefit those around us. We are the image of the creator, so we by nature are to create and build up and produce and bring fruit. He didn’t just build us to be stagnant in spirit.

That is the part of free will, that we are able to be influencer, whether intentional or unintentional, as oppose to being robots where God is the only person that can do anything. Make no mistake though, in terms of life itself, and the power to give and take, He has, so He’s never out of the picture.

Thats why he doesnt move all hearts?

Upvote 0

salt-n-light

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2017
Rosedale
✟165,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Thats why he doesnt move all hearts?

Yes He does move all hearts, but not all hearts are softened to hear Him. That is why Jesus had to ask us not to harden our hearts. He speaks in many ways, through people, circumstances, nature, etc. But if people are not open to hear it, then truth will not reach them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Yes He does move all hearts, but not all hearts are softened to hear Him. That is why Jesus had to ask us not to harden our hearts. He speaks in many ways, through people, circumstances, nature, etc. But if people are not open to hear it, then truth will not reach them.

How do you make sense of the workers are few and Jesus died for all?

Upvote 0

salt-n-light

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2017
Rosedale
✟165,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
How do you make sense of the workers are few and Jesus died for all?

Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field-Matthew 9:38

We should be praying that more workers come to gather the harvest.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

salt-n-light

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2017
Rosedale
✟165,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Not something Christians feel an urgency to pray for? I think the reason the workers are few is about the urgency, concern, many dont feel.

That too, but I feel people put urgency to where their priorities lie. So if they are not prioritizing the work, it takes a back burner.

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0