Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

“When he uttereth his voice, there is a multitude of waters in the heavens, and he causeth the vapours to ascend from the ends of the earth; he maketh lightnings with rain, and bringeth forth the wind out of his treasures.” Jeremiah 10:13 (KJV)

INTRODUCTION​

Leftist politicians and MSM practitioners have made much noise about the danger of global warming caused by man-made CO2 (and to a lesser extent, the CH4 in cow farts), but have not supported their claims with facts or scientifically valid reasoning.

My purpose in this article is not to rebut their claims, but rather to make the point that the changes in climate which have occurred in the past and can occur in the future are due to natural, non-anthropic causes. Which is to say that these changes occur no matter what humans do or don’t do.

The short term time scale climate changes called weather are certainly non-anthropic. And even if the butterfly in Australia beats its wings and causes a tornado in Kansas (as a chaos theory of weather would have it), most butterflies beating their wings have no effect on the weather. It takes generally much energy (in the physics sense of that word) to affect weather.

One event that had such energy was the recent underwater eruption of the volcano Tonga (full name: Hunga Tonga-Hunga Ha’apai). According to an article by Jeff Childer on Substack, the dire consequences of this eruption will meet the most pessimistic predictions of global warming advocates in the near future.

In this article I don’t intend to analyze Jeff Childer’s propositions in detail. Rather, I’ll try to draw a big picture of what might be going on, guided by historical events and plausible scientific inferences. I hope the reader will look at the references given below about the Tonga eruption and the more general ones about climate, what is and is not science, to get a complete story.

Let’s first briefly examine what occurred in the Tonga eruption

THE TONGA VOLCANO ERUPTION​

Continued below.