Stockbridge
✟79,254.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
I don't quite agree with all that's in that paragraph, but to the extent that Jesus taught love, mercy, and fellowship...

...it is also true that he emphasized, taught, other lessons even more emphatically. I refer to us knowing the one and only true God, trusting in him (Jesus) for life eternal, adhering to the Commandments, of his sacrificial death by which he took our sins upon himself, and so on.

and he definitely did NOT teach that. He rejected the notion.

I do not disagree with anything you just said except the last part. We all came to know Christ in a different way. None of us have the same story. Our paths were all different, and they will all end at the same place, before God.

Upvote 0

Thomas White

Feb 9, 2020
Stockbridge
✟79,254.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
You are in favor of "asking the hard questions" -- so am I .

I don't claim that all questions are answered this side of heaven - but in every case where mankind makes a horrible choice in favor of the majority and opposed to Bible truth - it is because they were not asking the 'hard questions'

Jesus' mission was not what religious leaders of his day expected.

Paul's gospel was not what his own religious instructors told him to expect.

Martin Luther's gospel was not what the religious teachers that taught him the gospel - expected.

So now let's take another look at that "red pill"...

Today at 8:58 AM #1

We are meant to question and learn. God reveals Himself to us in many ways.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I do not disagree with anything you just said except the last part. We all came to know Christ in a different way. None of us have the same story. Our paths were all different, and they will all end at the same place, before God.
I see. You mean that our paths to Christ are different. When you wrote what you did, it looked like saying there are different but equally valid paths to God--Christianity, Islam, whatever religion it may be.

Upvote 0

Thomas White

Feb 9, 2020
Stockbridge
✟79,254.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
I see. You mean that our paths to Christ are different. When you wrote what you did, it looked like saying there are different but equally valid paths to God--Christianity, Islam, whatever religion it may be.

I seem to have caused a bit of confusion with that.

• Agree
Reactions: panman
Upvote 0

Thomas White

Feb 9, 2020
Stockbridge
✟79,254.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
The Church is going to be there, for the rest of our lives - if we complain about it, our complaints will be there for the rest of our lives too.

I think Jesus had compassion, even despite this.

He will not leave us orphans.

Don't we have an obligation to do our best to follow God? If we truly seek to follow God, then we must commit to serving Him. It may be that he calls us to start something new because of the problems of churches in our area.

• Agree
Reactions: Eha
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Eha

Jan 6, 2020
Tallinn
✟30,373.00
Country
Estonia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If you are like me, if you are lost or confused, I want you to know that it doesn't last.
I like to testimony, to encourage you, that "lost and confused" will end , before you go to sleep, if you keep going, no matter, what.
My "lost and confused" time ended 13 years ago.
It was most scary and beautiful night and following days.
But it was definitely worth it, all that "lost and confused" time, when i have to admit, i lost my hope almost every day...

• Friendly
Reactions: Thomas White
Upvote 0