Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
What are some of your most amazing God moments?

You know, times when something seemed it should've happened, but didn't and you were so thankful to God for that miracle or something you really wanted happened when it seemed really unlikely?

I'll share mine in this thread, too, but I didn't want to start it with any stories.

Sten Auf!
Bridget

KagomeShuko

Wretched Sinner/Belovèd Child of God/Church Nerd
Sep 6, 2004
Lake Charles, LA
Visit site
✟22,275.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
KagomeShuko said:
What are some of your most amazing God moments?

You know, times when something seemed it should've happened, but didn't and you were so thankful to God for that miracle or something you really wanted happened when it seemed really unlikely?

I'll share mine in this thread, too, but I didn't want to start it with any stories.

Sten Auf!
Bridget
One time, I decided I was going to go to my (now ex) boyfriend's house to see him. At that time, I had a big Ford F-150 pickup truck.

It had been raining. I got on the freeway and all seemed fine. I went to pull over into the left lane and I suddenly feel my wheel slip and I go hydroplaining all over the freeway. I'm wasn't sure what to do and I was extremely scared. I turned and my bumper hit the guardrail on the left and I spun more than 360 degrees.

I came to a rest and not a single car was on the freeway that needed to pass me. It was completely void of cars. A man in front of me stopped and walked back to make sure I was okay. I was very shaken, but I managed to pull the truck over to the side of the freeway.

He talked to me and looked a bit at my truck. Nobody was hurt and nothing major had happened to my truck. He just stood there with me while I sat and got all composed again. I had put my head down while the truck was out of control and lightly stepped on the brakes. However, it seemed to only get me to spin and I couldn't control the truck at all.

Stein Auf!
Bridget

Upvote 0

elanor

Reunite Gondwanaland!
Nov 9, 2003
Left Coast
Visit site
✟16,184.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
One day some years back I was really upset. I was working with the youth group at my church and we had a video night. I was in charge of picking the movie. I knew the church was extremely conservative, so I was careful to pick one that I knew had no sex, no nudity, no violence. Clean cut. But in previewing it I missed the fact that it had (literally) maybe three or four, um, colorful words. (Not even the bad ones, IMO.) But a few kids told their parents and the parents went to the pastor and it became an ISSUE that required a MEETING with parents and staff. I felt terrible, because my co-workers we also in hot water over this. So on this day during my lunch hour I sat in my car in the back of a parking lot, praying and reading the scripture. I was just heartsick. I knew the Lord knew my heart, but I just couldn't get past feeling miserable. Then this car pulled up and parked next to me. My windows were down; it was hot. This woman rolled her window down, looked at me and said, "I see you're reading the Bible." We exchanged a few pleasantries, and then she sat there. I felt such a push inside of my spirit, and after ignoring it a few moments, I opened the door and got out. I looked in her passenger side window and asked, "Will you pray with me?" She said, "Of course," and I got in her car. I told her why I was so upset. She assured me that God knew my heart and my intentions, and that He was able to cover this and would work all things together for good. She took my hand and we prayed together. Then I thanked her, and I got back in my car, and she drove away. I have no idea what her name was, and I never saw her again. I just know that when I needed someone to listen and pray and speak God's truth to me, He sent someone. :)

Upvote 0

McCravey

Dec 9, 2003
✟1,319.00
Faith
Non-Denom
So far the stories have involved the intervention of God and "someone" placed near us at just the right moment.

Could be they were angels.

Could be they were Christians led by the spirit.

Either way God was looking after us.

I have many that are similar. A couple of years ago my wife, my boys and I were returning from a camping trip. As we proceeded up the on ramp we saw an elderly couple who were stuck in the middle of the road going up the overpass. They were pulling their camper (probably 16 footer) with a small pickup.

I proceeded to turn around and go help them. As I was turing around I saw a silver BMW pull along side the older couple. Two sharply dressed black men wearing sunglasses got out. They walked up to the elderly couple and talked to them.

The old man got back into the truck and the two black men pushed the truck and camper trailer off the side of the road. They then turned and looked at me (I was approximately 200 yards away) and waved as if "we've got it, everything is all right"
Then they drove away. I suppose the man had someone coming to help them.

I then drove away.

A couple of miles later I said to my wife "I wonder if those were angels" she said I don't know why? I then remembered that only two men had pushed the entire rig off the road and up a considerable incline. We both marveled at how God looks after us.

We never question whether or not there are angels until the incident is over and they are no longer there.

Upvote 0

Toney

Watcher
Feb 24, 2004
Kansas
✟9,724.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
McCravey said:
Could be they were angels.

:angel: :angel: :angel:

Sometimes angels do take human form. The lesson of the beginning of Chapter 13 of Hebrews ("Keep on loving each other as brothers. Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some people have entertained angels without knowing it.") comes to life in the Book of Tobit. Most non-Catholics are unfamilar with this book, which was stripped from the Bible by the Reformers because it was deemed ahistorical. A fragment was found among the Dead Sea Scrolls.

It's a quick read; fun, informative Jewish folklore, which makes up a great portion of the Bible, if anyone is interested.

The Book of Tobit

Upvote 0

Dee235

Jun 20, 2004
East London
✟12,716.00
Faith
Pentecostal
I had a rather frightening experience. While taking a curve my car seemed to develop a mind of its own. This lead me to be heading along the oncoming lane. I probably did the wrong thing and jerked the steering wheel back. I ended up going over the curb and down the bank and through someone's wall. The miracle is that I wasn't hurt at all. Can't really say the same for my car though. Praise God for His protection.

Upvote 0

BeanMak

Veteran
Feb 7, 2002
Suburb of Chicago
Visit site
✟2,472.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
When my oldest son was 16, he was in a bad way. He was using a LOT of pot, and was biligerent, oppositional, and becoming more and more physical in his anger. One evening he attacked his younger brother in a strangle hold. I knew I had to do something, and decided I needed to hospitalize him to help him get control, get off drugs and to protect his younger brother.
I was shaking when I got him from work that afternoon, knowing that I needed to get him to the hospital and not sure how I was going to do this. Our therapist had even suggested that I call the police if necessary; they would take him to the hospital. I spent the entire day praying about this.
My sister came over, and we explained that he needed to go to the ER and be checked. He merely said, ok, picked up his books and came with us without ANY argument. He sat in the ER waiting room doing his homework quietly, not antsy like he usually is when waiting for something. The doctor saw him and admitted him. He quit using and his life has changed 90 degrees. This was entirely God's doing. There was no way that kid would have been docile and cooperative at that point in his life to get the help that he needed.

Upvote 0