god love's us no matter what. the biggest lie told.

ben israel

Apr 27, 2010
✟15,382.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It does not mean that hell is for ever. You must look into the orginal translation, and get a second opinion. Otherwise your just a blind sheep.

Peace!
well ready this please. Revelation 20:10
And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

Upvote 0

ben israel

Apr 27, 2010
✟15,382.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I believe Scripture is clear that God loves all in a general, not all that personal manner - this is often referred to as His unconditional love.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. <-----> John 3:16+17

My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:
And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world. <-----> 1st John 2:1+2

I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;
For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.
For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;
Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth. <-----> 1st Timothy 2:1-4

The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. <-----> 2nd Peter 3:9

But Scripture is also clear that God loves specifically/personally - those who believe on and obey Jesus. This can be referred to as His conditional love.

He that has my commandments, and keeps them, he it is that loves me: and he that loves me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.
Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?
Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.
He that loves me not keeps not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me. <-----> John 14:21-24

God's unconditional love makes everyone eligible for Salvation. But this is only provisional salvation, in order for it to be individually effectual we have to learn to love and obey Jesus, His Holy Spirit.

And then His conditional love seals us in His Saving Grace, being personally accepted by The Father in The Beloved.

Have I any pleasure at all that the wicked should die? saith the Lord GOD: and not that he should return from his ways, and live? <-----> Ezekiel 18:23

Cast away from you all your transgressions, whereby ye have transgressed; and make you a new heart and a new spirit: for why will ye die, O house of Israel?
For I have no pleasure in the death of him that dies, saith the Lord GOD: wherefore turn yourselves, and live ye. <-----> Ezekiel 18:31+32

And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God has given to them that obey him. <-----> Acts 5:32

Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbor: for we are members one of another.
Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath:
Neither give place to the devil.
Let him that stole steal no more: but rather let him labor, working with his hands the thing which is good, that he may have to give to him that needs.
Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.
And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.
Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamor, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice:
And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake has forgiven you. <-----> Ephesians 4:25-32

Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. <-----> 2nd Corinthians 3:17

What? know ye not that he which is joined to an harlot is one body? for two, saith he, shall be one flesh.
But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit. <-----> 1st Corinthians 6:16+17

So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwells in you. <-----> Romans 8:8-11

And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.
For every one that asks receives; and he that seeks finds; and to him that knocks it shall be opened.
If a son shall ask bread of any of you that is a father, will he give him a stone? or if he ask a fish, will he for a fish give him a serpent?
Or if he shall ask an egg, will he offer him a scorpion?
If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him? <-----> Luke 11:9-13

Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;
Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour;
That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life. <-----> Titus 3:5-7

For I know that this shall turn to my salvation through your prayer, and the supply of the Spirit of Jesus Christ,
According to my earnest expectation and my hope, that in nothing I shall be ashamed, but that with all boldness, as always, so now also Christ shall be magnified in my body, whether it be by life, or by death. <-----> Philippians 1:19+20

May The Lord Be Magnified !

wm
Revelation 20:10
And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever. this is some strang love to me if god love us unconditional you can't prove it out the bible

Upvote 0

ben israel

Apr 27, 2010
✟15,382.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I believe Scripture is clear that God loves all in a general, not all that personal manner - this is often referred to as His unconditional love.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. <-----> John 3:16+17

My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:
And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world. <-----> 1st John 2:1+2

I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;
For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.
For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;
Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth. <-----> 1st Timothy 2:1-4

The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. <-----> 2nd Peter 3:9

But Scripture is also clear that God loves specifically/personally - those who believe on and obey Jesus. This can be referred to as His conditional love.

He that has my commandments, and keeps them, he it is that loves me: and he that loves me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.
Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?
Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.
He that loves me not keeps not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me. <-----> John 14:21-24

God's unconditional love makes everyone eligible for Salvation. But this is only provisional salvation, in order for it to be individually effectual we have to learn to love and obey Jesus, His Holy Spirit.

And then His conditional love seals us in His Saving Grace, being personally accepted by The Father in The Beloved.

Have I any pleasure at all that the wicked should die? saith the Lord GOD: and not that he should return from his ways, and live? <-----> Ezekiel 18:23

Cast away from you all your transgressions, whereby ye have transgressed; and make you a new heart and a new spirit: for why will ye die, O house of Israel?
For I have no pleasure in the death of him that dies, saith the Lord GOD: wherefore turn yourselves, and live ye. <-----> Ezekiel 18:31+32

And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God has given to them that obey him. <-----> Acts 5:32

Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbor: for we are members one of another.
Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath:
Neither give place to the devil.
Let him that stole steal no more: but rather let him labor, working with his hands the thing which is good, that he may have to give to him that needs.
Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.
And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.
Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamor, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice:
And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake has forgiven you. <-----> Ephesians 4:25-32

Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. <-----> 2nd Corinthians 3:17

What? know ye not that he which is joined to an harlot is one body? for two, saith he, shall be one flesh.
But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit. <-----> 1st Corinthians 6:16+17

So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwells in you. <-----> Romans 8:8-11

And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.
For every one that asks receives; and he that seeks finds; and to him that knocks it shall be opened.
If a son shall ask bread of any of you that is a father, will he give him a stone? or if he ask a fish, will he for a fish give him a serpent?
Or if he shall ask an egg, will he offer him a scorpion?
If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him? <-----> Luke 11:9-13

Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;
Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour;
That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life. <-----> Titus 3:5-7

For I know that this shall turn to my salvation through your prayer, and the supply of the Spirit of Jesus Christ,
According to my earnest expectation and my hope, that in nothing I shall be ashamed, but that with all boldness, as always, so now also Christ shall be magnified in my body, whether it be by life, or by death. <-----> Philippians 1:19+20

May The Lord Be Magnified !

wm
g
John 17

1These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee:
2As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.
3And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.
4I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.
5And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.
6I have manifested thy name unto the men which thou gavest me out of the world: thine they were, and thou gavest them me; and they have kept thy word.
7Now they have known that all things whatsoever thou hast given me are of thee.
8For I have given unto them the words which thou gavest me; and they have received them, and have known surely that I came out from thee, and they have believed that thou didst send me. 9I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine. god love those in the world who do what he say.

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
if god love is unconditional why are some people going to the lake of fire it make;s no since that mean's we can do what we want to do and not get punish. do parent love there children unconiditional? if your child kept stealing from you how long would take it before you put them out? prov 6- v

16These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:
17A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,
18An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief, 19A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.

Your comments, friend, are just your reasonings, and mixing the Israelite religion with the grace of God in the New Testament through the Lord Jesus Christ. If one is "born again" by the Holy Spirit they are "a new creation in Christ". That is the truth for the Church. People are going down to eternal condemnation for rejecting the Lord Jesus Christ as their Redeemer, BUT they will still go down loved by God as my post said, for God hates sin but not the sinner.

Upvote 0

ben israel

Apr 27, 2010
✟15,382.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Your comments, friend, are just your reasonings, and mixing the Israelite religion with the grace of God in the New Testament through the Lord Jesus Christ. If one is "born again" by the Holy Spirit they are "a new creation in Christ". That is the truth for the Church. People are going down to eternal condemnation for rejecting the Lord Jesus Christ as their Redeemer, BUT they will still go down loved by God as my post said, for God hates sin but not the sinner.
gal 5-v 19Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,

20Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,

21Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God. now how can god love us if we keep sining make's no sense.

Upvote 0

ben israel

Apr 27, 2010
✟15,382.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
lets read it all for understand cause paul is leting us know it's a struggle for him rom 7-v14For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.

15For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.

16If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.

17Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

18For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.

19For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.

20Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

21I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.

22For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:

23But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.

24O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?

25I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

Upvote 0

child0fg0d88

His wants are above my own
Jan 1, 2012
✟15,403.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Ben Israel- I really am unsure of the point you are trying to make here...

As you have pointed out God is not a fan of sin. He hates it, and those that continue to sin, and reject Christ, will not reside in the kingdom of heaven. But he does not hate the one who commits the sin. Think of Him as a parent who has a wayward child who continues doing the wrong thing again and again. Should the parent completely give up on them thinking they are hopeless, or should they try to reach out to them and help them see the light? The latter obviously.

Like a parent, God's love is always there. But the child needs to accept it in order to see it.

1 John 4:16 So we have come to know and to believe the love that God has for us. God is love, and whoever abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him.

You keep pointing out the sin that people commit and how those who sin will be punished, but remember that Christ died for our sins.

Romans 5:8 but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

And anyone who accepts Christ is born new! And the past is forgotten if you ask for forgiveness!

2 Corinthians 5:17 “Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!”

Isaiah 43:25 “I, I am he who blots out your transgressions for my own sake, and I will not remember your sins."

1 John 1:9 “If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.”

God does love us no matter what in that is willing to show the same mercy to everyone, and allows everyone to come to Him. But those who do not accept Him and do not live in accordance with His word will not inherit His Kingdom.

Luke 13:23-24 And someone said to him, “Lord, will those who are saved be few?” And he said to them, 24 “Strive to enter through the narrow door. For many, I tell you, will seek to enter and will not be able."

To think we will not struggle and sin after we have found Christ though is not correct, but we must strive to do everything in our power to do what is right.

Galatians 6:9 And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.

1 Peter 1:7 so that the tested genuineness of your faith—more precious than gold that perishes though it is tested by fire—may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ.

We are all sinners.

Romans 3:23 “For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.”

But as stated above, God still loves us all no matter what, because we are His children, no matter how wayward we become, He will always take us back. IF WE ASK IT!!!

Upvote 0

NOTurTypical

Out of the Closet Jesus Freak
Jun 29, 2011
Indianapolis
Visit site
✟8,088.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Libertarian
Whoa, slow down OP. You're quoting from a Hebrew-Christian epistle, meaning it was addressed to Jews and more importantly, while the temple was standing. Hebrews is written to exhort them to press onto spiritual maturity in the face of persecution instead of resorting back to sacrificial Judaism. And Paul is saying that if one goes back under that system, and if one sins, there no longer remains a sacrifice acceptable for their sins.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

NOTurTypical

Jun 29, 2011
Indianapolis
Visit site
✟8,088.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Libertarian
OP, I don't know if you realize this or not. But the inverse reality created by your OP is that somehow God can be disappointed in us. Which would mean that He doesn't already know when we'll fail in our lives, thus making Him not omniscient.

Upvote 0

getsickcure

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
✟15,117.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I must admit these verses make me a little frightened. What happens if you do sin wilfully or backslide into wickedness and want to come back to Christ is there any hope for such people or have they forfeited Christ's one and only sacrifice and their only chance?

making sin wilfully is like a habit of the devil, so God forbid it.

Upvote 0

thesunisout

growing in grace
Site Supporter
Mar 24, 2011
He lifts me up
✟159,601.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Whoa, slow down OP. You're quoting from a Hebrew-Christian epistle, meaning it was addressed to Jews and more importantly, while the temple was standing. Hebrews is written to exhort them to press onto spiritual maturity in the face of persecution instead of resorting back to sacrificial Judaism. And Paul is saying that if one goes back under that system, and if one sins, there no longer remains a sacrifice acceptable for their sins.

Everyone who was in the early church was a jew.

Hebrews 3:1

Therefore, holy brothers and sisters, who share in the heavenly calling, fix your thoughts on Jesus, whom we acknowledge as our apostle and high priest

He was talking to Christians, not to unsaved jews.

Upvote 0

thesunisout

growing in grace
Site Supporter
Mar 24, 2011
He lifts me up
✟159,601.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
OP, I don't know if you realize this or not. But the inverse reality created by your OP is that somehow God can be disappointed in us. Which would mean that He doesn't already know when we'll fail in our lives, thus making Him not omniscient.

That God knows you will do a thing does not rule out disappointment when it happens. I don't know about you but it hurts when you're betrayed by someone you love, even if you see it coming

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

thesunisout

growing in grace
Site Supporter
Mar 24, 2011
He lifts me up
✟159,601.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I must admit these verses make me a little frightened. What happens if you do sin wilfully or backslide into wickedness and want to come back to Christ is there any hope for such people or have they forfeited Christ's one and only sacrifice and their only chance?

It is impossible to know where God draws the line on this, but I would say if you are worried about it then you have nothing to fear. I would say this mostly happens to those who aren't at all worried about it. Just remember we can always know we are in the love of God:

John 15:10

If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

Upvote 0

NOTurTypical

Jun 29, 2011
Indianapolis
Visit site
✟8,088.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Libertarian
Everyone who was in the early church was a jew.

No, that's inaccurate.

He was talking to Christians, not to unsaved jews.

I didn't say it's not addressed to Christians. I said Hebrews is a "Hebrew-Christian epistle" addressed to Jews while yet the temple is still standing. Paul is exhorting these Christian Jews to press on to spiritual maturity instead of reverting back to the old system of Judaism in the midst of intense persecution from the Jewish authorities.

And the passage quoted in the OP is warning these Christians that if they do this and sin willfully after that, there remains no more sacrifice for their sins to God. God doesn't accept the sacrificial system anymore.

Upvote 0

NOTurTypical

Jun 29, 2011
Indianapolis
Visit site
✟8,088.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Libertarian
That God knows you will do a thing does not rule out disappointment when it happens. I don't know about you but it hurts when you're betrayed by someone you love, even if you see it coming

No, the only way that we can disappoint someone is for us to do Y when they expect us to do X.

Upvote 0

thesunisout

growing in grace
Site Supporter
Mar 24, 2011
He lifts me up
✟159,601.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I didn't say it's not addressed to Christians. I said Hebrews is a "Hebrew-Christian epistle" addressed to Jews while yet the temple is still standing. Paul is exhorting these Christian Jews to press on to spiritual maturity instead of reverting back to the old system of Judaism in the midst of intense persecution from the Jewish authorities.

And the passage quoted in the OP is warning these Christians that if they do this and sin willfully after that, there remains no more sacrifice for their sins to God. God doesn't accept the sacrificial system anymore.

Right, if they apostatize, there is nothing left to save them; they can expect the judgement of God. Neither are they expected to come back:

Hebrews 6:4

It is impossible for those who have once been enlightened, who have tasted the heavenly gift, who have shared in the Holy Spirit, who have tasted the goodness of the word of God and the powers of the coming age, if they fall away, to be brought back to repentance, because to their loss they are crucifying the Son of God all over again and subjecting him to public disgrace.

Upvote 0