Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
There is no reason for me to lie, I already said yes that I read the entire OP thread and infact I have now a couple of times. I'm subscribed to Sue's blog and already got the whole thread by email before finding it here. Perhaps, maybe I'm being too critical and maybe it's not that important at all but the title bothers me and I don't disagree with what was shared. I just think to say 'God is weary' as a statement is a somewhat a loosely statement and perhaps there is nothing wrong with the statement, maybe just the way I perceive it as you say.

The whole message of the Gospel is to deal with sin and perhaps there is no more important message than that. Believers and non believers, we all need saving from ourselves, from our weariness and sins, and only God can save us, but often we don't let Him. Brinny, God is Holy, and that means he does hate sin but still He took it upon Himself to become sin so to free us from the burden of sin and guilt so we may find rest from our weariness when we surrender to Him.

C'mon, i didn't accuse you of lying, my friend.

There's also 6, no 7 things that God hates.

Do you know what they are?

Upvote 0

Willing-heart

In Christ Alone.
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2017
Gloucester
Visit site
✟221,662.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
C'mon, i didn't accuse you of lying, my friend.

There's also 6, no 7 things that God hates.

Do you know what they are?

I know what they are, In fact I could name more than 7 things God hates, but I think to say God hates sin, says it all really. Being a Christian means loving what God loves and hating what God hates :)

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I know what they are, In fact I could name more than 7 things God hates, but I think to say God hates sin, says it all really :)

Yes, He hates sin.....and He spells out what turns His stomache, so to speak, in those 7 things that He hates.

I believe He might especially list those 7 things, because sometimes man is not clear on what sin IS, exactly.

Yes? :)

• Agree
Reactions: Willing-heart
Upvote 0

Willing-heart

In Christ Alone.
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2017
Gloucester
Visit site
✟221,662.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, He hates sin.....and He spells out what turns His stomache, so to speak, in those 7 things that He hates.

I believe He might especially list those 7 things, because sometimes man is not clear on what sin IS, exactly.

Yes? :)

YES! Well said I must agree :)

Upvote 0

Christsfreeservant

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2006
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟1,356,653.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't misunderstand the OP but the title in itself is really open to being easily misunderstood and that is my point. Yes, the OP goes into greater details in the rest of the message but I think it would be better if the title also provides at least a brief details of what God is weary about and not try and portray God as a weary God in general. As a Christian, reading that title doesn't sit well with me. God bless.

The purpose of a title is to grab people's attention, so that they will want to read what it says. Some verses say one thing and some say another, and it is only as we get into the context of the scriptures that we learn the truth of what they say. Many people will say what you said, because that is what they have always heard, but not many are teaching what these scriptures say, and I don't believe it applies just to the unsaved, but to the saved who have wandered away from their pure devotion to God and who are bringing him insincere worship. He is weary of their shallow worship of him and their unrepentant sinful habits which they will not give over to him. Remember who these verses were written to. They were written to God's people, his own. Many times in the New Testament, too, he expresses how he feels about sin being allowed to go on unchecked, and there are many warnings to the church with regard to that, too.

• Winner
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
YES! Well said I must agree :)

I'm glad we're in agreement, my friend. Goodness knows, i've valued your posts and thoughts elsewhere on this site.

This thread is a TREASURE. I've come across the very same thoughts when i first read about God's inexplicable grace and patience with the Israelites, time and time and time again. Throughout His Word, God repeats the "false" piety of "worshiping" Him, "singing praises", "bringing offerings" and yet, their heart was not in it, for their hearts were far from Him. It was INSULTING to Him.

They KNEW Who God was, and they didn't CARE. They put on a "show" of piety.

Wouldn't that make YOU "gag"?

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Willing-heart

In Christ Alone.
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2017
Gloucester
Visit site
✟221,662.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The purpose of a title is to grab people's attention, so that they will want to read what it says. Some verses say one thing and some say another, and it is only as we get into the context of the scriptures that we learn the truth of what they say. Many people will say what you said, because that is what they have always heard, but not many are teaching what these scriptures say, and I don't believe it applies just to the unsaved, but to the saved who have wandered away from their pure devotion to God and who are bringing him insincere worship. He is weary of their shallow worship of him and their unrepentant sinful habits which they will not give over to him. Remember who these verses were written to. They were written to God's people, his own. Many times in the New Testament, too, he expresses how he feels about sin being allowed to go on unchecked, and there are many warnings to the church with regard to that, too.

I'm glad we're in agreement, my friend. Goodness knows, i've valued your posts and thoughts elsewhere on this site.

This thread is a TREASURE. I've come across the very same thoughts when i first read about God's inexplicable grace and patience with the Israelites, time and time and time again. Throughout His Word, God repeats the "false" piety of "worshiping" Him, "singing praises", "bringing offerings" and yet, their heart was not in it, for their hearts were far from Him. It was INSULTING to Him.

They KNEW Who God was, and they didn't CARE. They put on a "show" of piety.

Wouldn't that make YOU "gag"?

I probably should have read the whole thread properly before commenting. It's just that similarly to you Sue, I'm also very weary of lately for many reasons and I really can't wait for my Christmas/New year break from work to begin so I can hopefully find rest from much rest of my weariness. The title is indeed catchy and when I first saw the title, I was saying to myself, I am weary and God is weary too, well that makes two of us lol. But in all truth, I don't believe God grows weary of His Sons and Daughter cos his loves never fails and never gives up on us. Even to the point that God would sometimes let a person to be delivered to Satan for the destruction of the flesh, so that his spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord (1 Cor 5:5).

I thank God for revealing His revelation to you Sue and I like that you always have something to share with your blogs, although I can't quite keep up with them all. I was a bit concerned of recent with one of your blogs which I admit I haven't read properly, but my concern was that you mentioned that you would no longer be voting in the general election because it doesn't matter or won't make a difference. I plead with you to not give up your civil right of voting that God has given you. It might not make a difference to you but God wants us to be faithful in our duty.

The Sin of Not Voting

Brinny, you have surely been a blessing to me too on this forum and I thank God for the gifts He has giving us all, especially His Word, as revealed in the Bible. Thanks for all your replies to my message and thanks for pressing me much on this thread. Much Grace to you :)

• Friendly
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I probably should have read the whole thread properly before commenting. It's just that similarly to you Sue, I'm also very weary of lately for many reasons and I really can't wait for my Christmas/New year break from work to begin so I can hopefully find rest from much rest of my weariness. The title is indeed catchy and when I first saw the title, I was saying to myself, I am weary and God is weary too, well that makes two of us lol. But in all truth, I don't believe God grows weary of His Sons and Daughter cos his loves never fails and never gives up on us. Even to the point that God would sometimes let a person to be delivered to Satan for the destruction of the flesh, so that his spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord (1 Cor 5:5).

I thank God for revealing His revelation to you Sue and I like that you always have something to share with your blogs, although I can't quite keep up with them all. I was a bit concerned of recent with one of your blogs which I admit I haven't read properly, but my concern was that you mentioned that you would no longer be voting in the general election because it doesn't matter or won't make a difference. I plead with you to not give up your civil right of voting that God has given you. It might not make a difference to you but God wants us to be faithful in our duty.

The Sin of Not Voting

Brinny, you have surely been a blessing to me too on this forum and I thank God for the gifts He has giving us all, especially His Word, as revealed in the Bible. Thanks for all your replies to my message and thanks for pressing me much on this thread. Much Grace to you :)

You are most welcome.

i only duz that cuz i cares 'bout you.

You've been a light here and sometimes like a cool drink of water in a dry and parched desert.

I appreciate that and i value you and what you say and think as a brother in Christ (especially your blog).

God bless you, my friend. :)

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Christsfreeservant

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2006
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟1,356,653.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But in all truth, I don't believe God grows weary of His Sons and Daughter cos his loves never fails and never gives up on us.

The verses I quoted from Isaiah do not say he grows weary of us, but of our insincere worship of him (continual) and of our sins (many, many unconfessed habitual sins). There are many NT scriptures which support this, too. When I have the time, I will research them for you.

• Winner
Upvote 0