Visit site
✟1,355,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This morning I feel very tired. My eyes are heavy, and I am fighting off going back to sleep. I am tired partially because I probably did not get an adequate amount of sleep, but I am also tired emotionally over certain situations going on in my life which seem to have no end to them in sight.

So, as I sat here contemplating if I should just go get some more sleep, I inquired of the Lord, and I asked him if he ever gets tired over the things which make me tired. And, he answered back with a few scriptures:

"I hate your new moon festivals and your appointed feasts, They have become a burden to Me; I am weary of bearing them.” Is. 1:14 NASB

“You have not bought me sweet cane with money, or satisfied me with the fat of your sacrifices. But you have burdened me with your sins; you have wearied me with your iniquities.” Is. 43:24 ESV

God hates hypocrisy. He hates false forms of worship and empty sacrifices which have no substance behind them because they do not result in changed lives. He hates it when we just mouth empty confessions of love, worship and service to him, but our words are not followed with action. We tell him we love him, but our actions say the opposite. We tell him he is our Lord, while we still control our own lives and we do not submit to his will.

He gets weary of us just repeating the same sins over and over again while we claim to know him and to worship him, and especially if we keep making excuses for those same sins. He gets tired of our many false confessions of how we intend to change, too, while we never or rarely do. He doesn’t want to hear our words if our words are lip service only but our hearts are far from him. He knows if we are just “throwing him a bone” in hopes to appease him or if our words are genuine because our actions follow suit.

The Lord Jesus led me to read Philippians 3 (Select vv. NASB).

Beware of the dogs, beware of the evil workers, beware of the false circumcision. V. 2

There is a warning here to watch out for those who are evil workers but who fake their relationships with Jesus Christ or who teach a false gospel. I think there are many within the church gatherings who might fit this description, though, so I think it would be good for those who believe they are Christians to examine their own hearts and lives to see whether or not their confession of Christ is words only, or is primarily just words, perhaps to impress others, but that there is no real substance behind those words, because they are still walking according to the flesh and not according to the Spirit.

Some of these evil workers could be our friends, family members, neighbors or co-workers. They may give the false impression of having an intimate knowledge of Jesus Christ. And, they may be good with the sermons and the false confessions of faith, but by their lifestyles they deny the Lord. Their words do not match their walks, in other words. And, some of them may willfully put on a righteous act to impress others in order to hide insidious sins which they want no one to know about, much like the Pharisees.

Some of these evil workers, though, will also try to lead others to go “down their rabbit hole,” i.e. into a world of lies, sin and perversion. So, we have to pray for wisdom and discernment so that we are not easily led astray. These evil workers, not content with their own depredation, will try to drag others down with them because sin loves company, and it hates righteousness.

You may feel as though you may not ever be led astray by them, but they are very clever, subtle, stealthy and manipulative in their approach, and they disguise themselves as servants of righteousness. So, to the unsuspecting, they may appear to be godly, and even what they are saying may have the appearance of truth, but they have a way of twisting truth or of telling half-truths, and they can be very convincing, so we do have to test what we hear to make certain it is of God, so that we are not fooled.

For we are the true circumcision, who worship in the Spirit of God and glory in Christ Jesus and put no confidence in the flesh. V. 3

The true circumcision are those who are born of the Spirit, and who worship God in the Spirit. We read in Romans 12 that our acceptable worship of God is to give our lives to him as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to him. We should no longer be conformed to the ways of this sinful world, but we should be transformed of the Spirit of God, in heart and mind, away from sinful lifestyles to living and walking in Christ’s righteousness and holiness, empowered by the Spirit of God within us.

This means that our walk should now match our talk, not in absolute sinless perfection, most likely, but that consistently and faithfully we should not be talking beyond what we are living. If the Lord does have us share a spiritual truth, and we know we are not living it, then we should be willing to acknowledge that and not pretend or give a false impression that we are.

We who are the true circumcision should put no confidence in the flesh, too. This means we should not rely on our own flesh, but on the Spirit to help us. And, it also means that we should not put our confidence (assurance) in other humans, too, who are sinful beings, and who may not be telling us the truth. We should not be followers of man, but of God, and we should test what others tell us to make certain they are telling us the truth. Just because something sounds good or looks good doesn’t mean it is good.

So, we need to be wise and discerning and pray.

Brethren, join in following my example, and observe those who walk according to the pattern you have in us. For many walk, of whom I often told you, and now tell you even weeping, that they are enemies of the cross of Christ, whose end is destruction, whose god is their appetite, and whose glory is in their shame, who set their minds on earthly things. Vv. 17-19

Sadly enough, there are many people within the gatherings of the church who profess to be Christians, but who live just like this description here of those who are enemies of the cross of Christ. And, some of them are the pastors and the elders and the deacons and small group leaders, et al.

Yet, it is not just that we must test what they do and say, but that when we do, and when we stand for what is right, and we reject what is wrong, that we can expect to be persecuted for it, too. Those who are wolves in sheep’s clothing, who are these evil doers, but who hide their evil deeds behind a mask of righteousness, will persecute those who are standing on the truth and who are exposing the fruitless deeds of darkness. It is a given!

For our citizenship is in heaven, from which also we eagerly wait for a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ; who will transform the body of our humble state into conformity with the body of His glory, by the exertion of the power that He has even to subject all things to Himself. Vv. 20-21

But, in all this, we can be encouraged, and we can have hope, for this world is not our home, we are just passing through. All that we are going through right now is just temporary. A better place is awaiting us. And, in the meanwhile, our Lord is our all sufficiency, who will help us, and who give us all that we need to continue to stand strong, and to keep following him.

So, don’t be disheartened by those who are of the false circumcision who are mouthing empty words of worship of God while they are hiding their sins in secret so that no one will know. And, don’t let it get you down if they are also the ones who are persecuting you for standing for righteousness. Just put your trust in the Lord, rest in him, and keeping doing what he says.

All Through the Night
An Original Work / December 7, 2013

Based off Various Scriptures

Blessed are you when you’re persecuted
Because of your faith in Jesus Christ.
Blessed are you when people insult you,
And falsely say what leads folks to doubt.
Rejoice and be glad, for your reward is
Great in the heavens. You’re not alone.

When you are persecuted in one place,
Flee to another. God will be there.
You will be hated by all the nations
Because you testify of God’s grace.
Many will seize you and persecute you,
And put to death the foll’wers of Christ.

Yet, do not fear what humans may do to you,
For I’m with you all through the night.
I tell you, love your enemies with my love,
And forgive as I forgave you.
Pray for those who do evil against you.
Rest in my love and grace from above.

Thursday, December 21, 2017, 5:30 a.m. – Thank you, Jesus, for these encouraging words which give us hope and healing. Amen!

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
This morning I feel very tired. My eyes are heavy, and I am fighting off going back to sleep. I am tired partially because I probably did not get an adequate amount of sleep, but I am also tired emotionally over certain situations going on in my life which seem to have no end to them in sight.

So, as I sat here contemplating if I should just go get some more sleep, I inquired of the Lord, and I asked him if he ever gets tired over the things which make me tired. And, he answered back with a few scriptures:

"I hate your new moon festivals and your appointed feasts, They have become a burden to Me; I am weary of bearing them.” Is. 1:14 NASB

“You have not bought me sweet cane with money, or satisfied me with the fat of your sacrifices. But you have burdened me with your sins; you have wearied me with your iniquities.” Is. 43:24 ESV

God hates hypocrisy. He hates false forms of worship and empty sacrifices which have no substance behind them because they do not result in changed lives. He hates it when we just mouth empty confessions of love, worship and service to him, but our words are not followed with action. We tell him we love him, but our actions say the opposite. We tell him he is our Lord, while we still control our own lives and we do not submit to his will.

He gets weary of us just repeating the same sins over and over again while we claim to know him and to worship him, and especially if we keep making excuses for those same sins. He gets tired of our many false confessions of how we intend to change, too, while we never or rarely do. He doesn’t want to hear our words if our words are lip service only but our hearts are far from him. He knows if we are just “throwing him a bone” in hopes to appease him or if our words are genuine because our actions follow suit.

The Lord Jesus led me to read Philippians 3 (Select vv. NASB).

Beware of the dogs, beware of the evil workers, beware of the false circumcision. V. 2

There is a warning here to watch out for those who are evil workers but who fake their relationships with Jesus Christ or who teach a false gospel. I think there are many within the church gatherings who might fit this description, though, so I think it would be good for those who believe they are Christians to examine their own hearts and lives to see whether or not their confession of Christ is words only, or is primarily just words, perhaps to impress others, but that there is no real substance behind those words, because they are still walking according to the flesh and not according to the Spirit.

Some of these evil workers could be our friends, family members, neighbors or co-workers. They may give the false impression of having an intimate knowledge of Jesus Christ. And, they may be good with the sermons and the false confessions of faith, but by their lifestyles they deny the Lord. Their words do not match their walks, in other words. And, some of them may willfully put on a righteous act to impress others in order to hide insidious sins which they want no one to know about, much like the Pharisees.

Some of these evil workers, though, will also try to lead others to go “down their rabbit hole,” i.e. into a world of lies, sin and perversion. So, we have to pray for wisdom and discernment so that we are not easily led astray. These evil workers, not content with their own depredation, will try to drag others down with them because sin loves company, and it hates righteousness.

You may feel as though you may not ever be led astray by them, but they are very clever, subtle, stealthy and manipulative in their approach, and they disguise themselves as servants of righteousness. So, to the unsuspecting, they may appear to be godly, and even what they are saying may have the appearance of truth, but they have a way of twisting truth or of telling half-truths, and they can be very convincing, so we do have to test what we hear to make certain it is of God, so that we are not fooled.

For we are the true circumcision, who worship in the Spirit of God and glory in Christ Jesus and put no confidence in the flesh. V. 3

The true circumcision are those who are born of the Spirit, and who worship God in the Spirit. We read in Romans 12 that our acceptable worship of God is to give our lives to him as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to him. We should no longer be conformed to the ways of this sinful world, but we should be transformed of the Spirit of God, in heart and mind, away from sinful lifestyles to living and walking in Christ’s righteousness and holiness, empowered by the Spirit of God within us.

This means that our walk should now match our talk, not in absolute sinless perfection, most likely, but that consistently and faithfully we should not be talking beyond what we are living. If the Lord does have us share a spiritual truth, and we know we are not living it, then we should be willing to acknowledge that and not pretend or give a false impression that we are.

We who are the true circumcision should put no confidence in the flesh, too. This means we should not rely on our own flesh, but on the Spirit to help us. And, it also means that we should not put our confidence (assurance) in other humans, too, who are sinful beings, and who may not be telling us the truth. We should not be followers of man, but of God, and we should test what others tell us to make certain they are telling us the truth. Just because something sounds good or looks good doesn’t mean it is good.

So, we need to be wise and discerning and pray.

Brethren, join in following my example, and observe those who walk according to the pattern you have in us. For many walk, of whom I often told you, and now tell you even weeping, that they are enemies of the cross of Christ, whose end is destruction, whose god is their appetite, and whose glory is in their shame, who set their minds on earthly things. Vv. 17-19

Sadly enough, there are many people within the gatherings of the church who profess to be Christians, but who live just like this description here of those who are enemies of the cross of Christ. And, some of them are the pastors and the elders and the deacons and small group leaders, et al.

Yet, it is not just that we must test what they do and say, but that when we do, and when we stand for what is right, and we reject what is wrong, that we can expect to be persecuted for it, too. Those who are wolves in sheep’s clothing, who are these evil doers, but who hide their evil deeds behind a mask of righteousness, will persecute those who are standing on the truth and who are exposing the fruitless deeds of darkness. It is a given!

For our citizenship is in heaven, from which also we eagerly wait for a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ; who will transform the body of our humble state into conformity with the body of His glory, by the exertion of the power that He has even to subject all things to Himself. Vv. 20-21

But, in all this, we can be encouraged, and we can have hope, for this world is not our home, we are just passing through. All that we are going through right now is just temporary. A better place is awaiting us. And, in the meanwhile, our Lord is our all sufficiency, who will help us, and who give us all that we need to continue to stand strong, and to keep following him.

So, don’t be disheartened by those who are of the false circumcision who are mouthing empty words of worship of God while they are hiding their sins in secret so that no one will know. And, don’t let it get you down if they are also the ones who are persecuting you for standing for righteousness. Just put your trust in the Lord, rest in him, and keeping doing what he says.

All Through the Night
An Original Work / December 7, 2013

Based off Various Scriptures

Blessed are you when you’re persecuted
Because of your faith in Jesus Christ.
Blessed are you when people insult you,
And falsely say what leads folks to doubt.
Rejoice and be glad, for your reward is
Great in the heavens. You’re not alone.

When you are persecuted in one place,
Flee to another. God will be there.
You will be hated by all the nations
Because you testify of God’s grace.
Many will seize you and persecute you,
And put to death the foll’wers of Christ.

Yet, do not fear what humans may do to you,
For I’m with you all through the night.
I tell you, love your enemies with my love,
And forgive as I forgave you.
Pray for those who do evil against you.
Rest in my love and grace from above.

Thursday, December 21, 2017, 5:30 a.m. – Thank you, Jesus, for these encouraging words which give us hope and healing. Amen!

This is PROFOUND, Sue, especially this:
He knows if we are just “throwing him a bone” in hopes to appease him or if our words are genuine because our actions follow suit.

How insulting this is.

"Throwing God a bone".

I fear it happens far too often.

Yes, it DOES weary God.

God bless you for posting this profound and timely message.

Upvote 0

Christsfreeservant

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2006
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟1,355,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is PROFOUND, Sue, especially this:

How insulting this is.

"Throwing God a bone".

I fear it happens far too often.

Yes, it DOES weary God.

God bless you for posting this profound and timely message.

Yes, Brinny, I suspect this happens a lot more often than we realize. Too many willing to give sacrifices of their choosing, but not willing to be living sacrifices on God's altar.

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
i have cried many times, because i fear i HAVE wearied God.

I pray many many times, confessing like the man in the New Testament, Lord i believe, help my unbelief.

i sooooo long to believe Him with all my heart, soul, mind, and strength.

It's quite a journey.

God bless us, ev'ry one :groupray:

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Yes, Brinny, I suspect this happens a lot more often than we realize. Too many willing to give sacrifices of their choosing, but not willing to be living sacrifices on God's altar.

Amen Sue.

Upvote 0

Christsfreeservant

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2006
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟1,355,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
i have cried many times, because i fear i HAVE wearied God.

I pray many many times, confessing like the man in the New Testament, Lord i believe, help my unbelief.

i sooooo long to believe Him with all my heart, soul, mind, and strength.

It's quite a journey.

God bless us, ev'ry one :groupray:

Brinny, Rest in Jesus. Submit your ways to him. One day and one step at a time obey him and do what he says. He will not fail you. Let his peace rule in your heart. And, learn to forgive yourself as God forgives, which includes he helps us back on our feet to walk in freedom in Christ.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Brinny, Rest in Jesus. Submit your ways to him. One day and one step at a time obey him and do what he says. He will not fail you. Let his peace rule in your heart. And, learn to forgive yourself as God forgives, which includes he helps us back on our feet to walk in freedom in Christ.

:heart: God bless you Sue.....

What i MOST struggle with is "my will" vs "His" and it's been a struggle and quite a journey. My issues are more like seeking to be in "tune" with His heart, and wanting to "bless" His heart and bring a smile to HIs face.

When i don't, it's heartbreaking.

Upvote 0

Christsfreeservant

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2006
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟1,355,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
:heart: God bless you Sue.....

What i MOST struggle with is "my will" vs "His" and it's been a struggle and quite a journey. My issues are more like seeking to be in "tune" with His heart, and wanting to "bless" His heart and bring a smile to HIs face.

When i don't, it's heartbreaking.

Brinny, I think that is a daily battle. When the Lord wakes me in the middle of the night, and there is a song in my head, and I think maybe God wants me up and writing something, I don't always jump out of bed with glee! :) Sometimes I just want to stay curled up under the covers where it is warm and I hope he will let me sleep a little bit longer. But, I usually say with Jesus, "Not my will but your will," and I pray that if this is him waking me up that he would keep me awake, and he does.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Brinny, I think that is a daily battle. When the Lord wakes me in the middle of the night, and there is a song in my head, and I think maybe God wants me up and writing something, I don't always jump out of bed with glee! :) Sometimes I just want to stay curled up under the covers where it is warm and I hope he will let me sleep a little bit longer. But, I usually say with Jesus, "Not my will but your will," and I pray that if this is him waking me up that he would keep me awake, and he does.

LOL! I can understand the "glee" part.

:D

Upvote 0

Little Lantern

Be encouraged! Christ has overcome the world!
Site Supporter
Sep 14, 2017
USA
✟223,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Great post, and so true! Thank you for being bold enough to address what most seem to gloss over these days. May God shine His holy Light into the depths of all our hearts and expose any lingering hypocrisy there that we might be pure vessels for His service.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Christsfreeservant

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2006
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟1,355,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Great post, and so true! Thank you for being bold enough to address what most seem to gloss over these days. May God shine His holy Light into the depths of all our hearts and expose any lingering hypocrisy there that we might be pure vessels for His service.

All glory to God! Thank you so much for responding and for sharing your thoughts on this subject. Yes, many do gloss over this, and that is a shame. I agree with what you stated here. Amen!

Upvote 0

Willing-heart

In Christ Alone.
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2017
Gloucester
Visit site
✟221,662.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"Have you never heard? Have you never understood? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of all the earth. He never grows weak or weary. No one can measure the depths of his understanding." Isaiah 40:28

I haven't read all you have posted but please don't ever say that God is weary cos He is not. The title is misleading one way or the other and does not reflect the character of God as revealed in the Bible.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
"Have you never heard? Have you never understood? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of all the earth. He never grows weak or weary. No one can measure the depths of his understanding." Isaiah 40:28

I haven't read all you have posted but please don't ever say that God is weary cos He is not. The title is misleading one way or the other and does not reflect the character of God as revealed in the Bible.

Love ya' bro', but you might want to read the entire post.

God DOES say He wearies...then He states what He wearies OF.

Read all of it.

God bless you.

Upvote 0

Christsfreeservant

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2006
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟1,355,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Femi, If you had read the post, you would have read these verses:

The context of the verse you posted and the context of these verses are different. God never grows weary of doing good or loving us, etc. but he does weary of our sins and of our false worship of him if we are just going through the motions of worship while we are secretly sinning, though it is never a secret from God when we sin. He gets tired of our false confessions of love to him while we ignore his Word and his warnings and we go our own way instead.

• Winner
Upvote 0

Willing-heart

In Christ Alone.
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2017
Gloucester
Visit site
✟221,662.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Love ya' bro', but you might want to read the entire post.

God DOES say He wearies...then He states what He wearies OF.

Read all of it.

God bless you.

Femi, If you had read the post, you would have read these verses:

The context of the verse you posted and the context of these verses are different. God never grows weary of doing good or loving us, etc. but he does weary of our sins and of our false worship of him if we are just going through the motions of worship while we are secretly sinning, though it is never a secret from God when we sin. He gets tired of our false confessions of love to him while we ignore his Word and his warnings and we go our own way instead.

I have read it all and read what you both had to say on this issue, but I believe the Bible says that God never grows weary of the sins of those who are truly the sons and daughters of the living God. God knows we would never be sinless in this world and even the psalmist cried out saying, "If you O Lord should mark iniquities, who could stand?" - Psalm 130:3.

How can we give our weariness to a weary God? I'm sorry but it won't work. God is not going to fall off His throne because we do something that is against his will, In fact he sees it all. Jesus who came from Heaven to earth to give us victory over sin and free us from the guilt of sin said, "Come to me all ye who are weary and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest". - Matthew 11. Yes, often to sin is a choice. Satan would tempt us but he cannot make us make us sin, it is our choice to sin and give in to temptation. That is why we need to live in every moment in the Spirit and to be utterly dependent of God's Grace, love and mercy for everything and at all times. We often may not have the power to change old ways or give up old habits that we know are wrong, we may not have the power to change our whole life we know needs changing but if we surrender to Christ, he would give us power too.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I have read it all and read what you both had to say on this issue, but I believe the Bible says that God never grows weary of the sins of those who are truly the sons and daughters of the living God. God knows we would never be sinless in this world and even the psalmist cried out saying, "If you O Lord should mark iniquities, who could stand?" - Psalm 130:3.

How can we give our weariness to a weary God? I'm sorry but it won't work. God is not going to fall off His throne because we do something that is against his will, In fact he sees it all. Jesus who came from Heaven to earth to give us victory over sin and free us from the guilt of sin said, "Come to me all ye who are weary and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest". - Matthew 11. Yes, often to sin is a choice. Satan would tempt us but he cannot make us make us sin, it is our choice to sin and give in to temptation. That is why we need to live in every moment in the Spirit and to be utterly dependent of God's Grace, love and mercy for everything and at all times. We often may not have the power to change old ways or give up old habits that we know are wrong, we may not have the power to change our whole life we know needs changing but if we surrender to Christ, he would give us power too.

God is not referring to His "own" here.

He NEVER EVER grows weary with His own.

It is written what wearies Him. He says so Himself.

Read the verses that were posted in the OP.

It's self explanatory.

There's also some things that causes God to "vomit".

Do you know what those things are Femi?

Love you, bro', but i fear you may be mis-understanding the OP.

Peace.

Upvote 0

Willing-heart

In Christ Alone.
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2017
Gloucester
Visit site
✟221,662.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God is not referring to His "own" here.

He NEVER EVER grows weary with His own.

It is written what wearies Him. He says so Himself.

Read the verses that were posted in the OP.

It's self explanatory.

There's also some things that causes God to "vomit".

Do you know what those things are Femi?

Love you, bro', but i fear you may be mis-understanding the OP.

Peace.

I don't misunderstand the OP but the title in itself is really open to being easily misunderstood and that is my point. Yes, the OP goes into greater details in the rest of the message but I think it would be better if the title also provides at least a brief details of what God is weary about and not try and portray God as a weary God in general. As a Christian, reading that title doesn't sit well with me. God bless.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I don't misunderstand the OP but the title in itself is really open to being easily misunderstood and that is my point. Yes, the OP goes into greater details in the rest of the message but I think it would be better if the title also provides at least a brief details of what God is weary about and not try and portray God as a weary God in general. As a Christian, reading that title doesn't sit well with me. God bless.

You read the title and ran with that, my friend.

C'mon, did you read the entire OP?

How about God "spitting"?

Did He?

Upvote 0

Willing-heart

In Christ Alone.
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2017
Gloucester
Visit site
✟221,662.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You read the title and ran with that, my friend.

C'mon, did you read the entire OP?

How about God "spitting"?

Did He?

There is no reason for me to lie, I already said yes that I read the entire OP thread and infact I have now a couple of times. I'm subscribed to Sue's blog and already got the whole thread by email before finding it here. Perhaps, maybe I'm being too critical and maybe it's not that important at all but the title bothers me and I don't disagree with what was shared. I just think to say 'God is weary' as a statement is a somewhat a loosely statement and perhaps there is nothing wrong with the statement, maybe just the way I perceive it as you say.

The whole message of the Gospel is to deal with sin and perhaps there is no more important message than that. Believers and non believers, we all need saving from ourselves, from our weariness and sins, and only God can save us, but often we don't let Him. Brinny, God is Holy, and that means he does hate sin but still He took it upon Himself to become sin so to free us from the burden of sin and guilt so we may find rest from our weariness when we surrender to Him.

Upvote 0

Christsfreeservant

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2006
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟1,355,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

So, are you denying those scriptures? You are disagreeing with God's Word?

Upvote 0