Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Biblical love demands obedience

1 John 5:3 says,

“This is love for God: to obey his commands. And his commands are not burdensome.”
Biblical love for God (and one another) IS obeying God's commandments. Off-point, but Biblical Faith is also obeying God's commandments.

1 Corinthians 13 describes how loves functions.

Reactions: Think...
Upvote 0

Think...

Jun 16, 2019
South
✟13,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Feel the love.
I don't love staunch atheists, nor wolves, and neither does God. It is a complete waste of time to debate anything with them.

I love my True brothers and sisters in Christ enough to fight for them against the overwhelming tide of all those hate-filled enemies.

Feel that love.

The word for love that is used in the 'love thy enemies' verse is not a love like we have for close friends or family members. It's more of a charitable kindness love. Give em water if they're dying of thirst, food if they're starving.

God has no love for His enemies. The Bible makes that plain.

He is not the wet noodle you would make Him out to be.

Upvote 0

UsernamedNamedUser

Nov 26, 2022
Merkezköyler
✟17,769.00
Country
Turkey
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
God is love? Correct, but for who? Answer: Himself. He does everything for His own joy. He is God, the greatest good, it's not wrong for him to hold himself higher than all others. In fact, it's a function of righteousness. If God put something above himself he would actually be sinning because that's idolatry, putting something above God.

Reactions: Think...
Upvote 0

Think...

Jun 16, 2019
South
✟13,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
God is love? Correct, but for who? Answer: Himself. He does everything for His own joy. He is God, the greatest good, it's not wrong for him to hold himself higher than all others. In fact, it's a function of righteousness. If God put something above himself he would actually be sinning because that's idolatry, putting something above God.
Exactly, it's not love at all to love an idol.

God cannot love that which is contrary to Himself.

Upvote 0