• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

God Is a Physical Being

Discussion in 'Controversial Christian Theology' started by JAL, May 17, 2020.

1. JAL

JAL Veteran Supporter

+650
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    What makes God a just judge is His commitment to evaluating us on one rule alone - the "rule of conscience":

“If I feel certain that action-A is evil, and action-B is good, I should go with action-B.”

There are no possible exceptions to this rule. I've debated this fact at length on threads such as these:
    How Direct Revelation Trumps Sola Scriptura | Christian Forums
    Is Sola Scriptura Guilty of Logical Inconsistency? | Christian Forums

2. Carl Emerson

Carl Emerson Well-Known Member

+6,046
    New Zealand
    Christian
    Married
    Fine - please quote me saying men are infallible...

If you can...

What I was saying is that Romans 1 makes it perfectly clear that mans fallibility does not hinder the absolute witness of God.

3. JAL

JAL Veteran Supporter

+650
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Deflection. I claimed that men are faillible, and you argued with me. That's proof enough.

You accused me of being argumentative - I'm just showing that you are argumentative enough even to paint yourself into a corner.

I don't even know what that statement means to you. For one thing, "the absolute witness of God" doesn't render men infallible, so I don't get your point. Is this more gibberish?

4. Carl Emerson

+6,046
    New Zealand
    Christian
    Married
    I will let the readers decide if this verse indicates a timeless eternity...

An eternity preceding and independent of the created order.

A priesthood not bound by time.

5. JAL

JAL Veteran Supporter

+650
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Which readers? Those already indoctrinated by 2,000 years of Platonism, right?

6. Carl Emerson

+6,046
    New Zealand
    Christian
    Married
    I have tried to explain three times - and you keep diverting.

Let the reader decide...

My last statement, that I have consistently expressed, is that while on the one hand men are fallible that does not excuse them from God's judgement, because God brings conviction despite our fallibility.

I quote Romans 1 one more time...

18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of people who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, 19 because that which is known about God is evident within them; for God made it evident to them. 20 For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, that is, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, being understood by what has been made, so that they are without excuse. 21 For even though they knew God, they did not honor Him as God or give thanks, but they became futile in their reasonings, and their senseless hearts were darkened. 22 Claiming to be wise, they became fools, 23 and they exchanged the glory of the incorruptible God for an image in the form of corruptible mankind, of birds, four-footed animals, and crawling creatures.

Let the scripture speak for itself...

The arguments of man are like chaff.

Have a great day.

7. JAL

JAL Veteran Supporter

+650
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    And where did I say that men are excused from judgment? Of that's right, I never said that. All I said is that men are fallible, and then you picked a fight with me! Which is a clear example of how argumentative you can be.

8. Carl Emerson

+6,046
    New Zealand
    Christian
    Married
    Where did I say that you said that - that is a straw man...

9. Carl Emerson

+6,046
    New Zealand
    Christian
    Married
    If presenting scripture is 'picking a fight' then you have an issue with scripture...

10. JAL

JAL Veteran Supporter

+650
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Ok if I didn't say it, why did you bring it up? Bringing up a proposition, and then knocking it down, even though your opponent in the debate never mentioned it, is precisely the DEFINTION of a strawman.

11. JAL

JAL Veteran Supporter

+650
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    (Sigh). Picking a fight with me is needlessly arguing with me over an issue of consensus - my claim that men are fallible.