God had me, the moment I confessed my sin. All my back-sliding washed away.

Gottservant

God loves your words, may men love them also
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
Hi there,

So I struggled for a long time, about being a backslider, about not being diligent in the faith - which I had come to know. For a long, long time I thought that fixing the backsliding was something I had to do. I tried confessing, I tried baptism, I tried changing my faith - none of which worked on their own, but each of which helped me a little bit, the way coming to a dead end, is ultimately helpful. What I realised, changed that.

What I realised was: God had me (in His Hand) the moment I confessed my sin. There was no ritual, no rite, no tradition, that caused Him to take hold of me; I simply had a weak and contrite heart. And I cried out to Him, in my spirit. From there God has always helped me, protected me. I have looked for Him in other ways, but I was never satisfied. Once I surrender to Him, I was satisfied.

When I surrendered to Him, I was basically saying, "Lord from the Day I confessed on, You have always held me in Your Hand, I have been able to trust You" I do not need to do anything about my backsliding: He did it. He has spoken in Faith, on my behalf - it is up to me to find the way from there, not on my own, but with His Help. This is His work, this is His wonder. Even if I forget that He did something for my "backsliding", in the end I will remember - in the end I will praise Him!

Don't commit your future to backsliding, trust Him now!

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When I surrendered to Him, I was basically saying, "Lord from the Day I confessed on, You have always held me in Your Hand, I have been able to trust You" I do not need to do anything about my backsliding: He did it. He has spoken in Faith, on my behalf - it is up to me to find the way from there, not on my own, but with His Help. This is His work, this is His wonder. Even if I forget that He did something for my "backsliding", in the end I will remember - in the end I will praise Him!

Isn't it awesome to have the love of God come alive in our hearts when we surrender to Him? He is so gracious, loving and forgiving. Always glad to see us repent of sinful hearts.

That His peace rule our hearts for eternity and His love fills us to the brim. He is a God who forgives us our trespasses and has mercy on us when we are afflicted.

Upvote 0

SANTOSO

Jul 15, 2020
Jakarta
✟236,770.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi there,

So I struggled for a long time, about being a backslider, about not being diligent in the faith - which I had come to know. For a long, long time I thought that fixing the backsliding was something I had to do. I tried confessing, I tried baptism, I tried changing my faith - none of which worked on their own, but each of which helped me a little bit, the way coming to a dead end, is ultimately helpful. What I realised, changed that.

What I realised was: God had me (in His Hand) the moment I confessed my sin. There was no ritual, no rite, no tradition, that caused Him to take hold of me; I simply had a weak and contrite heart. And I cried out to Him, in my spirit. From there God has always helped me, protected me. I have looked for Him in other ways, but I was never satisfied. Once I surrender to Him, I was satisfied.

Don't commit your future to backsliding, trust Him now!
Thank you for sharing. It helps me open how God has also helped me when I was back sliding. I confess I was foolish because of my past transgressions. I was afflicted because of my iniquities. I was ashamed what I did. I was seriously depressed about many things that had happened. I am glad that I can wait for His steadfast love. I appreciate much His steadfast love that strengthen me to this day. I just want to thank God for His grace that strengthen me in many ways.
This is what I want to say before you all:

I love God, my strength.
My God, my strength in whom I trust.
To God be all glory. Amen.

May God’s grace be with you all, too.

• Friendly
Reactions: Gottservant
Upvote 0

Gottservant

God loves your words, may men love them also
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
There is nothing the Devil can do, to take away a believer's faith, even if they transgress, a semblance of their faith is still there.

We might not know how to strengthen the faith we once had, but if we are honest with ourselves, we still have to acknowledge that throughout our backsliding, God's faith in us, remained constant.

Stir up your faith, then, believers! Your God watches over you and will strengthen you, in due time!

Upvote 0