twin1954

Baptist by the Bible
Jun 12, 2011
✟86,534.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I don't believe in universal salvation, but I do believe that Christ died for all, so that all can be saved. Not all will be saved, but all can be saved. It is only universal salvation if you think man has no free will and God has no desire for man to choose Him. We are told over and over again that man must believe in order to have salvation. Romans 10:9-10 are crystal clear.
If Christ died for all so that all can be saved His death isn't what saves us but our free will choice. That is a simple logical conclusion. It makes the work of Christ depend on man rather than the other way around. Moreover it makes the love of Christ meaningless. For what good does His love and death do for all those who are lost?

I think you left out an important part of Romans 5:18. The verse says "the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life." This is not immediate imputing of righteousness due to Christ's death, but contingent upon the acceptance of that free gift. Even in the ESV (if that is what you use), the righteousness available because of Christ's death is not immediately imputed, but rather "leads" to justification.
the Greek word is "eis" which is translated to or unto. Either way there is no "available" in the passage unless you read your theology into it. Even if you say that it "leads" to justication it still amounts to universal salvation. Which, while you say that don't believe in it, is the only conclusion of your interpretation of the passage.

I am not trying to be nasty here but just seeking to show you what you don't seem to grasp. I am not interested in debating just in truth.

Upvote 0

Jude1:3Contendforthefaith

Supporter
Dec 28, 2017
Arizona
✟529,411.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
God knows the choice we will make But We Don't know the choice we will make. Therein lies the free will.

God wouldn't hold us accountable for our sins and actions if we didn't have a choice.

Calvinism is satanic Garbage.

And if it seems evil to you to serve the Lord, CHOOSE for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you dwell. But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.”
• Joshua 24:15

Upvote 0

DeaconDean

γέγονα χαλκὸς, κύμβαλον ἀλαλάζον
Jul 19, 2005
Gastonia N.C. (Piedmont of N.C.)
✟100,334.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
God knows the choice we will make But We Don't know the choice we will make. Therein lies the free will.

God wouldn't hold us accountable for our sins and actions if we didn't have a choice.

And if it seems evil to you to serve the Lord, CHOOSE for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you dwell. But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.”

I love it when people use this verse.

You forgot one thing.

To whom was Joshua speaking to when he asked this?

God Bless

Till all are one.

Reactions: twin1954
Upvote 0

twin1954

Baptist by the Bible
Jun 12, 2011
✟86,534.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married

God holds us accountable because we are His creation. Choice doesn't enter into the equation. Your mistake is that you think we are sinners because we sin. But the truth is that we sin because we are sinners by nature.

BTW, if you are not a Baptist you are not allowed to debate here.

• Agree
Reactions: DeaconDean
Upvote 0

Jude1:3Contendforthefaith

Supporter
Dec 28, 2017
Arizona
✟529,411.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
God wouldn't hold us accountable for our Sins/Actions/Works if we didn't have a choice.

God does The Drawing. God does The Saving. God gets All The Glory and He still gives us A Choice to either except The Gospel or reject it.

Everyday we have a choice to Do Good or Do Evil. We have a choice To Do what Yeshua Messiah Commanded Us (Feed The poor, Visit People in Prison Etc) or Not.

Upvote 0

DeaconDean

γέγονα χαλκὸς, κύμβαλον ἀλαλάζον
Jul 19, 2005
Gastonia N.C. (Piedmont of N.C.)
✟100,334.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
God wouldn't hold us accountable for our Sins/Actions/Works if we didn't have a choice.

God does The Drawing. God does The Saving. God gets All The Glory and He still gives us A Choice to either except The Gospel or reject it.

Everyday we have a choice to Do Good or Do Evil. We have a choice To Do what Yeshua Messiah Commanded Us (Feed The poor, Visit People in Prison Etc) or Not.

Your right.

Except for one thing.

The will is enslaved to sin. Scripture tells us before salvation, we're in bondage to sin.

The will can neither be master and slave at the same time.

Only after salvation is the "will" somewhat free.

God Bless

Till all are one.

Upvote 0